Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S8 & 9 DVDs

Justin_Case001

As you all know, Hasbro/Shout! Factory decided long ago to commit the most heinous betrayal to us, spit in our faces, and give us a middle finger the size of the Andromeda galaxy by refusing to ever finish FIM on disc so that we can own the complete series.  And I mean actually own it, not just have access to some streaming service where it can be taken away at the drop of a hat.

As some of you know, a Malaysian company allegedly began producing seasons 8 and 9 on dvd awhile back.  When I saw this news on Equestria Daily, I thought it looked a bit shady and figured it was too good to be true.  I mean... I'm not saying I have something against Malaysia, but it just didn't look very official, and I wondered if it was some kind of bootleg.  I decided to just keep checking Amazon periodically, where S1-7 are for sale.  I figured that if it was the real deal, it would show up there eventually.  It never did, so I just kinda figured that my suspicions about it being a too-good-to-be-true bootleg were correct.

But lo and behold, I recently discovered that the Malaysian S8&9 are available on eBay!  And brand new as well!  I've never used eBay until now, but I know it's legit, reputable place, so I made an account and ordered 'em.  I still had my doubts--was it really Pony, for real?  It wasn't, like, in Malaysian, was it?  Well, my dvds arrived today, and they're perfect!  The legit, real deal.  My only minor complaint is that the cases didn't have any pictures--just plain, black cases with no inserts.  But the cases came in an outer box that was nice and professional with pictures, so at least they can live in there when not in use and it still looks like a finished collection and not some home-made bootleg.

So, if you're interested, head on over to eBay and swipe 'em up.  It's the only legit place I know of where they're available.

I'm so thrilled to finally own the complete series and close the book on this, but I'll still never forgive Hasbro and Shout! Factory for their betrayal.  :okiedokieloki:

Now, if only some hero would step in and complete the unfinished Elements of Harmony companion book trilogy... :(

• Brohoof 2

Normally we wouldn’t be okay with promotion of bootlegged media, but considering the lack of ability to purchase or even view those seasons in one place, I’ll allow this. 

• Brohoof 2

I've owned the Seasons 8 and 9 for over a year now, I can say that the ones I got aren't cropped and are 16:9, and while it's sad it's not like the Hasbro/Shout! Factory ones, sometimes you got to work with that's out there, and so far, it's all there is in terms of physical copies.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-09-01 at 7:59 AM, Jeric said:

Normally we wouldn’t be okay with promotion of bootlegged media, but considering the lack of ability to purchase or even view those seasons in one place, I’ll allow this.

Thanks, but, uh... I don't think they're bootlegged.  I mean... I don't think so.  :huh:  I don't think they'd be available new on eBay if they were.  That's what I was sayin'--I didn't want to buy bootlegged stuff, and that's why I was thrilled to find out they were on a legit store.  Well, anyway, either way, I don't care if they're unlicensed.  What did Hasbro and Shout! expect when they plunged that dagger in our backs?

On 2022-09-01 at 10:20 AM, Patriotic Brony 42 said:

But, from what I saw, they are 4:3 not 16:9. I refuse to watch a show that has been cropped. 

Mine are fine.  16:9.

On 2022-09-01 at 10:50 AM, The Wife of Levi said:

@Justin_Case001

Moved to Merchandise 

Sorry, I forgot that there was a separate merchandise section.