Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Disney's Wish, coming November 2023.

CastletonSnob

5 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

What would make the most sense is for this to be a 2D animated film, to celebrate how Disney began. Knowing this company it will just be another bland CGI film because that's what makes the sweet sweet money.

Yeah their guilty of remaking (and ripping off) their old stuff:baconmane:  

• Brohoof 1

To bring a little more optimism to this topic, it does make sense for their 100th anniversary next year because the company started out at the Disney Brothers studio in 1923. 

Although there have been a few documentaries about Walt Disney in the past like Walt: The Man behind the myth

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

What would make the most sense is for this to be a 2D animated film, to celebrate how Disney began. Knowing this company it will just be another bland CGI film because that's what makes the sweet sweet money.

Encanto was cool. And money is needed to run a business and pay the hard working people who put it all together 

14 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Encanto was cool. And money is needed to run a business and pay the hard working people who put it all together 

You are saying this about one of the richest media companies on the planet. They don't need to focus everything on solely existing to rake in as much money as possible. They should try remembering where they came from for once and show even the slightest shred of humility. Soulless corporations gonna do what they do I suppose. 

• Brohoof 3

Moments ago, Kyoshi said:

You are saying this about one of the richest media companies on the planet. They don't need to focus everything on solely existing to rake in as much money as possible. They should try remembering where they came from for once and show even the slightest shred of humility. Soulless corporations gonna do what they do I suppose. 

I prefer to just wait and remain optimistic. Cuz sometimes people can surprise you. 

Disney is nothing worth celebrating. It's just another over-bloated corporation full of controversy. I can say I won't weep should disney ever go bankrupt and die out as a business. I would sleep better at night.

Edited by Props
  • Brohoof 2

Has anybody have any speculation about what the movies plot will be about in more specific detail? I think it would be kind of cool if they would go meta in a sense. 

Whatever happens, I would like to be surprised

Not interested whatsoever. Even discounting the major issues I have with Disney on an ethical level (even one of my best friends who still likes their stuff completely understands), to the point where I will not be giving them any money in the near future, I have happily moved on from the vast majority of their content with the vast majority of it not appealing to me.

If it's any consolation to a Disney fan though, there is occasionally a cartoon on the Disney Channel that doesn't look bad to me. 

• Brohoof 1

I find it funny that some of you guys brought up its animation as a negative of the movie, when it's actually what has me most interested in it in the first place.  This is because from all accounts from those that were at D23, it has been described as not the typical CGI style Disney has been using for its movies recently.  Instead it has been described as being a 2D/3D hybrid in the vein of movies such as Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.  Specifically it has even been called an evolution of the style used in Disney's short, Paperman.  All of which basically means that after all this time we are finally getting a Disney movie fully animated in the style of that short.  Which has me really excited as I have been wanting to see something like this for a long time.

2 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

I find it funny that some of you guys brought up its animation as a negative of the movie, when it's actually what has me most interested in it in the first place.  This is because from all accounts from those that were at D23, it has been described as not the typical CGI style Disney has been using for its movies recently.  Instead it has been described as being a 2D/3D hybrid in the vein of movies such as Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.  Specifically it has even been called an evolution of the style used in Disney's short, Paperman.  All of which basically means that after all this time we are finally getting a Disney movie fully animated in the style of that short.  Which has me really excited as I have been wanting to see something like this for a long time.

Now that's the kind of answer I've been looking for. Besides after seeing paperman I wanted to see something in that similar animation style for years

• Brohoof 1

When I first saw the title, I thought it was about the cruise ship. 

The water color concept has me anticipating it with high curiosity, and wondering how this is going to turn out. Someone already mentioned a high watermark of animation in Paperman. That short is brilliant in presentation. If Wish can pull off something like that, I’ll be pleased. 

When it comes to modern Disney, I’ve found that my lack of “shallow-leveled” enjoyment has paid dividends. Not everything is going to be multi-Michelin stars, but a steak from a bib gourmand still tastes better than most. 

4 hours ago, Jeric said:

When it comes to modern Disney, I’ve found that my lack of “shallow-leveled” enjoyment has paid dividends. Not everything is going to be multi-Michelin stars, but a steak from a bib gourmand still tastes better than most. 

What do you mean by that?

50 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

What do you mean by that?

It means I can enjoy a film, show, game, or book secure in the knowledge that every experience is a blank slate, and that no form of entertainment has to be more than it is to me. If Wish turns out to be harmless fun, awesome. If I can glean something more personal and meaningful like Encanto, Coco, or Inside/Out … then it’s a cherry on the top. I love animation in all its forms, similar to how much I adore the paintings from different artists like Matisse, Pollock, and Dali. Each were categorized in different styles, but all were meaningful, fun, mesmerizing, or evocative. 

Disney can be poignant and meaningful (Encanto), Fun (DuckTales 2017), and a curiosity worth watching (Chip and Dale RR 2022). Even the average fare (The live action remakes) have not left me wanting my time back. In general, I enjoy these films because I lack the cynicism that is either the result or genesis of only liking the novel approach, the unpopular, or the best of the best. 

TL;DR I adore fine dining, but I love me some Oreos too! That’s why I’m looking forward to this after researching it. This is Disney, it could be either or both. I owe it to myself to root for a pleasant experience 

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

It means I can enjoy a film, show, game, or book secure in the knowledge that every experience is a blank slate, and that no form of entertainment has to be more than it is to me. If Wish turns out to be harmless fun, awesome. If I can glean something more personal and meaningful like Encanto, Coco, or Inside/Out … then it’s a cherry on the top. I love animation in all its forms, similar to how much I adore the paintings from different artists like Matisse, Pollock, and Dali. Each were categorized in different styles, but all were meaningful, fun, mesmerizing, or evocative. 

Disney can be poignant and meaningful (Encanto), Fun (DuckTales 2017), and a curiosity worth watching (Chip and Dale RR 2022). Even the average fare (The live action remakes) have not left me wanting my time back. In general, I enjoy these films because I lack the cynicism that is either the result or genesis of only liking the novel approach, the unpopular, or the best of the best. 

TL;DR I adore fine dining, but I love me some Oreos too! That’s why I’m looking forward to this after researching it. This is Disney, it could be either or both. I owe it to myself to root for a pleasant experience 

Couldn't have said it better myself. No seriously I struggle to actually put my thoughts into words like that.

Anyway, however it might turn out next year I'll be along for the ride through the good and the bad

• Brohoof 1