Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

9 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

I know a lot of us were disappointed when the voice cast for ANG was replaced, but how do you feel about them, now that you've had time to get used to them?

I think the show/special cast sound (pretty much) exactly the same as the Netflix movie cast.

That said, I don't really like what I feel like is a total change in personality from movie Hitch and show/special Hitch. 

8 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I think the show/special cast sound (pretty much) exactly the same as the Netflix movie cast.

That said, I don't really like what I feel like is a total change in personality from movie Hitch and show/special Hitch. 

Judging by the leaks, replacing the movie cast with sound-alikes was the plan all along.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

Judging by the leaks, replacing the movie cast with sound-alikes was the plan all along.

Yeah, I think Pipp, Sunny and Zipp sound the closest to their movie counterparts. 

8 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

Is it really that surprising? Hasbro's done this before(TFTM) and there's no way they were going to even be able to bring the movie VAs to do work for the show, either the MYM and especially TYT, even if they could afford it(which they probably could, they just like to cheap out).

The new VAs sound perfectly fine

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Megas said:

Is it really that surprising? Hasbro's done this before(TFTM) and there's no way they were going to even be able to bring the movie VAs to do work for the show, either the MYM and especially TYT, even if they could afford it(which they probably could, they just like to cheap out).

The new VAs sound perfectly fine

There's a reason Discord appeared so infrequently in FiM, and why none of the new characters from the 2017 MLP movie appeared in the show with speaking roles.

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-04-12 at 8:12 PM, Megas said:

Is it really that surprising? Hasbro's done this before(TFTM) and there's no way they were going to even be able to bring the movie VAs to do work for the show, either the MYM and especially TYT, even if they could afford it.

Regardless, arranging schedules for celebrities of different kinds would be a logistical nightmare :scoots:

• Brohoof 1

All the new voices are good to me and didn't take me that long to get used to. Yeah, Izzy's voice is squeakier and Hitch sounds more youthful, but for the most part, they're very similar to the celebrity voices from the film. 

• 2 weeks later...