Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Looking For RPG Maker XP Scripter

Happy Heart

(edited)

I am currently in a search for a learned programmer who has intermediate knowledge in custom scripting for RPG Maker XP and its programming language: Ruby1. Though more specifically, I'm looking for someone who might be familiar with Atoa's Custom Battle System (or ACBS). This is the engine and script used to make my fan-game Final Fantasy Friendship: Harmony's End which I recently posted to the Pony Games, Apps and Dev Projects.

Unfortunately, I have no way of paying for commissions, and I doubt that those who may have the knowledge of these things would be willing to put in their time and effort into my project out of their own heart. But I ask anyway, because no video game project can have any real success without the help... At least, that's the conclusion I've come to. :please: But now that I have a proof of concept, I'm hoping that someone can help me. If so, I'm very looking forward to working with you! Feel free to comment or send me a message if interested.

Edited by Happy Heart

(edited)

Let me guess, is on your new demo already installed, eh?

EDIT:

Alright, so you need a bit of general clean up on your default things.

Do you have a workgroup? Would you want to work through PMs? Want to talk publicly on whatever you work for your game?

I'm still not in, but for starters, do you really need the step count window on your main menu? That's a quick fix I can make right now with no compromise.

Also this about your mapping.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b4437b84ae0a40d534407b326358f33f.png

You might want to recruit some testers too so we can deal with bugs and some other things faster

Edited by Jesse Terrence

Believe me, I am very much aware of the problems regarding Sire's Hallow map and the game itself. I haven't gotten the knack of tree barriers yet, but I have tweaked the ATB rate a little bit. More updates to the battle flow will be made. 

As for the workgroup, I've only one other person working with me. He's familiar with Ruby scripting, but ACBS is not particularly his forte. Luckily, his knowledge of the Ruby language kinda works around that a little.

Not to worry, I assure you that this next version of Harmony's End will clean up most of what you've seen so far. Thanks for playing!

(edited)

First off: Improvements on performance—exact timing of actions taken, how long actions and animations are displayed on screen, how long battlers react to actions and make reaction times wait until an animation is complete before going to the next sprite in the spritesheet. This is especially so when an actor is KOd. Fixing the exact timing when the battle menu is disabled when an actor who's ATB gauge is filled prevents the repeated use of the 'Turn_Up' sound effect and lagging because of it.

On top of which, I should not have enemies turn around when performing actions to other enemies (confused attacks, healing, buffing) but enemies under Confusion state should always be turned around during the duration of the state. At the same time, enemies under Confusion state receive ×1.5 damage because they would be turned around, as part of ACBS's Battle Advantages script add-on.

Edited by Happy Heart
Changed "battles" to "battlers".

Checking the script it seems the autor kept in mind a lot of configurable things. Wait for action end and what not.

Indeed, this battle system is super complex. Whoever programmed it really was dedicated to it. I'll need to study it for a while

1 minute ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Checking the script it seems the autor kept in mind a lot of configurable things.

But he didn't provide a lot of information on how to manipulate all of those settings. In fact, he said that he will not provide help for "lazy programmers". I, for one, am not lazy... I'm autistic. But then also, I'm only one person, so I can't retain as much information as Atoa could have in a reasonable amount of time. 

The "Wait For Action End" setting forces the ATB gauge to stop entirely. That's not the same as "waiting for an action to end before an enemy collapses or an actor KOs".

5 minutes ago, Happy Heart said:

"waiting for an action to end before an enemy collapses or an actor KOs".

So the first thing you want to do is stop the collapse animation until a skill animation is played entirely?

Or just about any action, yes. This can get very annoying if an actor with a full ATB gauge KOs, it seems to glitch and repeatedly use the noise indicating that their turn is ready. :blink:

The way I envisioned how battle behaves and how it flowed was in the style of Final Fantasy VI. That's the kind of pace I wanted for battles, y'know?