Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Happy Heart

I'm planning to enable a submenu within the Items menu which allows you to change equipment during battles. But I'm debating whether or not to allow to change *all* equipment during battle or just the two Arm slots for the weapon and/or offhand...

The problem is that, if players can change all equipment during battles, then the player will more readily and easily predict what elemental or status attacks the enemy will do and sooner or later, all battles will be one-sided towards the player.

To provide more context, my thoughts on this were to only change the Right/Left Arms and *not* cost a turn.  I suppose if changing *all* equipment was enabled during battles, then it would cost a turn. But then you have to think about action economy.

It's come to the point where I'm at a loss on what to do and it would do well to receive opinions or feedback on either option before I start coding this, because if I'm limiting changing equip to only the Arm slots during battles, I'd have to write up a whole new script for equipment instead of just taking it from one of the `Equip` scripts already in there. It would be better to have a confirmation than to have to go through the hassle of rewriting a script if I'd just enable the option to change all equipment during battles.