Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NewCalamity

(edited)

Well then I've finally finished my very first full-on attempt at pony art. I'm fairly pleased with her, especially considering how much effort I put into her. Though, I procrastinated a whole lot, I started this drawing on May 13th making it almost a month now since I officially began this piece of art.

I would really like to try out perspective and especially shading the next time I try my hand at art. Lighting and shading really brings art to life and I would love it if I were to begin practicing it effectively soon. Facial expressions are something I'm also looking forward to getting practice in, I tried my best to make her expressive as possible to give the picture meaning.

So, here's la Couturière, the Element of Generosity, the fabulous, the beautiful, Rarity!

Posted Image

and with that, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! It would be great if I could get some criticism for improvement, for I really need it!

Thank you!

Edited by NewCalamity
  • Brohoof 22

I didn't say this to you before, but I love the little back ground brush stokes you added behind her! Simplicity is often the best approach at times and that background is a great example of it!

Keep practicing! You're doing great so far!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Quite an excellent drawing! I agree with Matackable, the background is very simple and pleasant.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Edited by Vexx3
  • Brohoof 1

I didn't say this to you before, but I love the little back ground brush stokes you added behind her! Simplicity is often the best approach at times and that background is a great example of it!

Keep practicing! You're doing great so far!

Thank you, I intend to keep on going. Though I always have a hard time starting!

How did you do the background? :) ~

I flailed around with the brush tool and three different shades of blue!

Looking forward to seeing more!

Oh goodness, now I feel obligated to press on forwards! What have I done? :D

I enjoy this drawing, very fantastic! :)

Thanks for the positive feedback!

I remember you making that...came out nice!

Reminds me that I need to get my ass in gear on that other drawing...

Yep, finally. After a month of procrastination she finally got done! Get to it! Don't stall as much as I do, haha.
  • Brohoof 2