Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What types of media content did your parents disapprove of you seeing?

Reecejackox

The 24 hour news cycle up to a point. My mother was appalled by the footage of the twin towers being hit and falling being played near nonstop. People's last words and cries as they were snuffed out, the sight of the desperate leaping from the buildings. It was too much, all at once, all the time. She didn't want her child to have that ingrained so fiercely.

My parents were those hardcore overprotective christian types. So obviously things like The Simpsons, Beavis and Butthead, South Park, etc., were taboo(but we watched it anyway)

My dad was a Christian fundamentalist, so there was a lot of stuff he didn't approve of, and there was a lot of stuff my overprotective Christian mom didn't approve of either. Rules definitely were not always consistent though. Craziest thing is that my dad did not have a problem with me watching The Nightmare Before Christmas despite his hatred for Halloween, thinking it was Satanic, but had a complete Satanic panic flip-out over me watching Digimon:zipp-wut:

My mom always told me that I shouldn't watch The Simpsons. That applied to South Park and other similar shows as well.

Funny thing is, though, that I remember one time long ago I was in the room when my parents were flipping through channels and they stopped on South Park for a minute for some odd reason, and it was an episode with Jesus and it was me who said "Turn away from that! They're making fun of Jesus!" xD

• Delighted Giggle 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anything of a sexual nature. That was totally off-limits. Everything else was okay though, as far as I can recall.

I'm glad to have had limitations; it's not good to have a life with no guidelines, especially for kids. 

• Hugs 1

• 2 months later...