Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did your parents meet?

Reecejackox

Hard to believe I wouldn't exist if not for the internet. My father was in Virginia near the Atlantic, while my mother was in California near the Pacific. I dunno who spoke to who first, but they met back on one of those old websites you'd go on to chat with random people.

• Brohoof 1

You know, I've never asked my parents that question before. Or, if I have, then I forgotten about it somewhere along the way.

• Brohoof 1

They were both in the Air Force, I assumed they met each other through work or something.  I never asked since by the time I was old enough to ask, they were divorced.

My parents were both working as internal U.S bank representatives/ phone operators, and their cubicles were right next to each other. They got to know each other and soon they were spending time with one another outside of work, eventually leading to me!   

If I remember correctly, they met in high school. They apparently started dating when my mom had her matriculation exams coming soon. :dash:

My mom said they met at a bar on St. Patrick's Day, which sounds like the start of a failed relationship, but they're still married today so I guess it didn't play as big a role.

(edited)

About 20 years ago my mom was living with a friend for a short time, and this friend of her's was a friend to my dad, and one day my dad came over to their apartment, my mom was there of course and they ended up meeting, and from what my mom has told me they both just clicked with each other...love at first sight. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

They met in elementary school in Crawfordsville, Indiana back in the late 60s or early 70s, I can't remember.

...my parents are old...

• 7 months later...

My dad flew from Guam to California due to the problems he dealt with in his family. My mother worked as some kind of advertiser for a company (which I forgot the name of, but she was living in the same state as my dad btw). They met together at the place where my mother worked and later after getting married, got high paying jobs ($100k per year) for different mortgage companies.

My parents met back in 1993, in some random country. I don't exactly remember where they said it was, but I know that it was a pretty obscure area.

Edited by Cash In

I think my parents met when my dad was at some gathering around the pool at one of his friends' apartments. My mom, who wasn't associated with any of them, was at the pool (because she lived there) and hit it off with my dad. Things went on from there.  

• Brohoof 1