Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lunar greetings, my little ponies!

Princess.Luna

My Favourite Pony

Who do you think? :LunaMCM:

How did you find MLP Forums?

through a friend

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

long story, too personal to share. Let it be said that I found ponies at a tumultuous time in my personal life. Or maybe better to say, ponies found me. I love so many of the ponies, it's hard to pick only one fave. But Luna is so much like me, I see myself in her so much. I couldn't ever get enough of her and was so happy to see her appear in G5!

BTW, FIM ended 4 years ago. Is this still an inclusive question in 2023? Someone, tell an admin to think about changing it for all those of us who discovered ponies with G5. I'm unsure of the right way to do that.

3174679__safe_artist-colon-renderpoint_p

Also, I also really really really REALLY love alicorns. By definition, they're the best ponies. :orly: So powerful and majestic and beautiful and adorable and sublime.... any other alicorn simps here?

Maybe this is too hot a take for this place: I adore G5 and want to find a place to connect with other G5 fans, to share theories and critique and art and all that good stuff. Make Your Mark Chapter 5, that just came out on Monday, is so amazing, I might even like it more than FiM now. I'm a huge fan of how they continued the legacy of FiM and am super sad that MYM got canceled. Am glad to see some G5 emotes here at least. :double-shock:

• Brohoof 7
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 1

Hmm? What is this?

I answered the anti-bot popup when joining. Guessing the site thinks I'm a bot. But why? It said to come make an intro here and now it's hidden?

There was a pasted screenshot in that last post which the site ate when I submitted it, hmm.....

Oh, now it is approved. Um. No idea what happened. But...... huzzah?

2858512__safe_edit_edited+screencap_edit

• Brohoof 3

30 minutes ago, Princess.Luna said:

long story, too personal to share. Let it be said that I found ponies at a tumultuous time in my personal life. Or maybe better to say, ponies found me. I love so many of the ponies, it's hard to pick only one fave.

This was totally me when I found MLP: FIM a year ago! There are too many wonderful ponies that it's hard to choose a fave!

BTW, FIM ended 4 years ago. Is this still an inclusive question in 2023? Someone, tell an admin to think about changing it for all those of us who discovered ponies with G5. I'm unsure of the right way to do that.

Not sure what the question you are asking? I know people love to talk about G4 and G5 a lot here, there are also threads for the previous generations and other topics as well that I recommend checking out!

Also, I also really really really REALLY love alicorns. By definition, they're the best ponies. :orly: So powerful and majestic and beautiful and adorable and sublime.... any other alicorn simps here?

Alicorns simps XD They are pretty awesome and adorable! Luna is my favorite of the alicorns princesses.

Maybe this is too hot a take for this place: I adore G5 and want to find a place to connect with other G5 fans, to share theories and critique and art and all that good stuff. Make Your Mark Chapter 5, that just came out on Monday, is so amazing, I might even like it more than FiM now. I'm a huge fan of how they continued the legacy of FiM and am super sad that MYM got canceled. Am glad to see some G5 emotes here at least. :double-shock:

MYM got cancelled?!?!? Where did you hear that? Then again I barely keep track with the news. There are some threads for G5 and there have been some site additions(like the G5 emotes). I don't know what else the staff have planned, but they are doing a lot of things and have been doing a wonderful job.

Anyway, I hope your enjoy your stay  here on the forums and reach out if you want to talk more about how cool Luna is!

Edited by StarlightNyars

6 minutes ago, StarlightNyars said:

Not sure what the question you are asking? I know people love to talk about G4 and G5 a lot here, there are also threads for the previous generations and other topics as well that I recommend checking out!

This here:

https://mlpforums.com/topic/200212-making-your-very-first-post-here-on-the-welcome-plaza/#comment-6142146

I think I was supposed to copypaste the questions from there to start a conversation about myself here? But the "how did you find FIM" question assumes FIM is what everyone is here for, does it not?

9 minutes ago, StarlightNyars said:

Alicorns simps XD They are pretty awesome and adorable! Luna is my favorite of the alicorns princesses.

Woo! Yay for finding another alicorn fan. And yay for Luna being your #1 too!

10 minutes ago, StarlightNyars said:

MYM got cancelled?!?!? Where did you hear that? Then again I barely keep track with the news. There are some threads for G5 and there have been some site additions(like the G5 emotes). I don't know what else the staff have planned, but they are doing a lot of things and have been doing a wonderful job.

A presentation from Hasbro:

https://www.tumblr.com/g5mlp/722197667027025920/the-entire-my-little-pony-2024-franchise-overview

It barely mentioned MYM except for saying its episodes will basically continue being available. It was all about TYT and called TYT the "one & only ponable content series". Sure looks like that means Hasbro decided to pull the plug on our 3D ponies. :(

tumblr_2c2e2ebf31736b856353eacfdf2abc72_bab43fef_1280.thumb.jpg.6e946999116fd704aa5ab7469607c60b.jpg

I tried to attach the PDFs from that article to here because they were hard to find. Most places link to an EqD article which doesn't share the PDFs so how can you know for sure what's in them? hopefully this helps others find them here too.

Hasbro-Brands-Overview.pdf MLP-2023-Marketing-Plans.pdf MLP-Brand-Deck.pdf

22 minutes ago, StarlightNyars said:

Anyway, I hope your enjoy your stay  here on the forums and reach out if you want to talk more about how cool Luna is!

This sounds delightful! I want to take you up on it.

• Brohoof 3

11 minutes ago, Princess.Luna said:

I think I was supposed to copypaste the questions from there to start a conversation about myself here? But the "how did you find FIM" question assumes FIM is what everyone is here for, does it not?

I think so, though I've seen people just write their own welcome too in the past.

12 minutes ago, Princess.Luna said:

She's pretty awesome!

12 minutes ago, Princess.Luna said:

https://www.tumblr.com/g5mlp/722197667027025920/the-entire-my-little-pony-2024-franchise-overview

It barely mentioned MYM except for saying its episodes will basically continue being available. It was all about TYT and called TYT the "one & only ponable content series". Sure looks like that means Hasbro decided to pull the plug on our 3D ponies.

WOAH! New stats/info! Since I recently did some business school, I used to look at quarter findings and more FY results for multiple companies so this is pretty cool! You should make a post about this in the G5 section as I haven't seen anyone post anything about this! I think people will really find this info VERY INTERESTING! I think the link below will get you there:

https://mlpforums.com/forum/386-mlp-generation-5-g5/

I'm looking through the pdfs and wow this is all new info that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet! Great find!

16 minutes ago, Princess.Luna said:

For sure :D

3 minutes ago, StarlightNyars said:

WOAH! New stats/info! Since I recently did some business school, I used to look at quarter findings and more FY results for multiple companies so this is pretty cool! You should make a post about this in the G5 section as I haven't seen anyone post anything about this! I think people will really find this info VERY INTERESTING! I think the link below will get you there:

https://mlpforums.com/forum/386-mlp-generation-5-g5/

I'm looking through the pdfs and wow this is all new info that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet! Great find!

huh, I thought everypony in the entire fandom knew of this "news" by now. I'm super surprised that no one shared it yet on a place that calls itself the world's largest MLP forum. Isn't this exactly the kind of site that would be full of fans who follow these things, where I might want to come to find this kind of info?

Anyway, sure, I will try to make a post about it, and hope you will reply with your thoughts on what you find in these docs.

Also: sorry if my posts read strangely sometimes. A thousand years on the moon will do that to anypony. English isn't my first language so it might not always flow naturally when I write.

• Brohoof 3

8 minutes ago, Princess.Luna said:

huh, I thought everypony in the entire fandom knew of this "news" by now. I'm super surprised that no one shared it yet on a place that calls itself the world's largest MLP forum. Isn't this exactly the kind of site that would be full of fans who follow these things, where I might want to come to find this kind of info?

Again I don’t really check the news for MLP, so I will find out about stuff usually later. There are people who post this stuff, but sometimes people could miss it. There are a lot of discussion threads on this website! There might be someone who already posted about this, but I’m not sure as I don’t always check G5 stuff daily. That and what you linked was to Tumblr and I don’t have any social media at the moment.  I have seen all the specials and episodes so far though! I’ll let you know if I see anything/more thoughts soon! 

8 minutes ago, Princess.Luna said:

Also: sorry if my posts read strangely sometimes. A thousand years on the moon will do that to anypony. English isn't my first language so it might not always flow naturally when I write.

It’s totally cool! You speak good English! Even if you have been banished to the moon before.  What is your primary language if you don’t mind telling me? 

Edited by StarlightNyars

11 minutes ago, StarlightNyars said:

It’s totally cool! You speak good English! Even if you have been banished to the moon before.  What is your primary language if you don’t mind telling me? 

I would rather not share. There are people in this world who want to do bad things to me and that kind of information - I fear it being used to hunt me down because everything is public here, nothing would stop these people from finding it. I'm here to enjoy ponies in English with everyone else, and would rather focus my time here on that, not my real life background. Hope that is okay. :)

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 2

Princess Luna! My favorite princess! Welcome to the forums! :kirin:

Don't worry about your posts disappearing. Someone will approve them soon. Also, you're right, that FIM question should probably be changed. I'll see what I can do about it. :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 4

9 minutes ago, Princess.Luna said:

I would rather not share. There are people in this world who want to do bad things to me and that kind of information - I fear it being used to hunt me down because everything is public here, nothing would stop these people from finding it. I'm here to enjoy ponies in English with everyone else, and would rather focus my time here on that, not my real life background. Hope that is okay. :)

Ah okay, I understand. Well, I hope you enjoy your stay here! 

Hello and welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa:

4 hours ago, Princess.Luna said:

FiM lives forever in our hearts. e-cocosmile.png The candles are still burning bright, so bright that G5 ponies need to wear sunglasses. :coolandhip:

There's no G5, it's FiM2. e-twiwth.png

Alright, alright, I changed it to say "My Little Pony" in general. These questions should be popping out when creating a topic here, and we were actually planning to change it to say MLP, but things kinda broke there with one of the forum software updates. :pip-err:

3 hours ago, Princess.Luna said:

This here:

https://mlpforums.com/topic/200212-making-your-very-first-post-here-on-the-welcome-plaza/#comment-6142146

Until these fields start working again and show during topic creation, in the meanwhile one may or may not choose to copy&paste these into their intro topic, so you're welcomed to modify these questions, add your own, or in general add anything you'd like to say about yourself. It doesn't say these questions are required, and given the feature responsible for asking these is down, we won't blame users for not including these in their topics.

Looks like you've got confused while taking your first steps in general, sorry about that.

There is indeed that welcome popup for new accounts, that disappears once you do take these first steps, and new accounts need to have their first posts approved, it's just a measure to filter obvious spam. (Posting topics in certain areas might still require approval)

That said, everything should be nice now, and if not, I encourage you to share your thoughts in the Feedback forum, ask questions/report problems in Site Questions, or just poke ME :love: or other staffers if you'd like to ask anything.

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 5

On 2023-09-23 at 4:59 PM, Princess.Luna said:

This here:

It barely mentioned MYM except for saying its episodes will basically continue being available. It was all about TYT and called TYT the "one & only ponable content series". Sure looks like that means Hasbro decided to pull the plug on our 3D ponies. :(

tumblr_2c2e2ebf31736b856353eacfdf2abc72_bab43fef_1280.thumb.jpg.6e946999116fd704aa5ab7469607c60b.jpg

I tried to attach the PDFs from that article to here because they were hard to find. Most places link to an EqD article which doesn't share the PDFs so how can you know for sure what's in them? hopefully this helps others find them here too.

Hasbro-Brands-Overview.pdf 15.47 MB · 3 downloads MLP-2023-Marketing-Plans.pdf 1.93 MB · 2 downloads MLP-Brand-Deck.pdf 27.72 MB · 3 downloads

I love how the second image basically says "buy our toys" lol.

On 2023-09-23 at 5:29 PM, Princess.Luna said:

Anyway, sure, I will try to make a post about it, and hope you will reply with your thoughts on what you find in these docs.

I'm so dumb, why didn't I mention it there on this place? lol

On 2023-09-23 at 5:59 PM, Nitobit said:

Also, you're right, that FIM question should probably be changed. I'll see what I can do about it. :BrightMacContent:

That's what I was awaiting.

Edited by SunIsLost
  • Brohoof 3
  • Shocked 1

Thank you for the warm welcomes everypony.

On 2023-09-23 at 11:31 AM, Rikifive said:

Looks like you've got confused while taking your first steps in general, sorry about that.

Signing up and getting here was very confusing between the Poniverse account and multiple welcoming messages and all. Try signing up as a new user sometime and see the whole flow. It could be... better. Thank you in any case for saying hello and answering about this!

On 2023-09-23 at 11:45 AM, Iforgotmybrain said:

Another Luna fan!! Huzzah!!

The huzzahs have been doubled!!!!

667385__safe_artist-colon-latiken_pinkie

On 2023-09-23 at 2:16 PM, Trot Shuffle said:

I have a question. Do you like my dreams? Are they entertaining enough???? I NEED TO KNOW :izzy-oooh:

It would normally constitute a breach of princess-subject confidentiality to openly discuss your dreams in a public space such as this. But since you waived your privacy rights by bringing them up...

It is our- er, my belief that your dreams suffer from a relative lack of alicorns and grilled cheese sandwiches. Currently this severely limits their entertainment value. Increasing the occurrence of both will greatly improve your dreams. I recommend mastering lucid dreaming if you have not already.

Glorious glorious grilled cheese...mmmm... this absolutely is not about me getting hungry during long dreamwalking shifts

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Leaves 1

4 hours ago, Princess.Luna said:

It would normally constitute a breach of princess-subject confidentiality to openly discuss your dreams in a public space such as this. But since you waived your privacy rights by bringing them up...

It is our- er, my belief that your dreams suffer from a relative lack of alicorns and grilled cheese sandwiches. Currently this severely limits their entertainment value. Increasing the occurrence of both will greatly improve your dreams. I recommend mastering lucid dreaming if you have not already.

Glorious glorious grilled cheese...mmmm... this absolutely is not about me getting hungry during long dreamwalking shifts

Oh, okay :blush: I will try to improve this as much as I can by having alicorns who can whip up grilled cheese sandwiches very quickly ever 10 minutes :blush:

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • Hugs 1

On 2023-09-27 at 12:56 PM, Princess.Luna said:

Signing up and getting here was very confusing between the Poniverse account and multiple welcoming messages and all. Try signing up as a new user sometime and see the whole flow. It could be... better. Thank you in any case for saying hello and answering about this!

I can imagine that. Back when I joined it was pretty clean from what I remember, now some things may have changed.

Honestly I was never a fan of logging being handled by Poniverse, as at least on the surface, it generates more problems than solves, based on my observations and experience. It's just my random personal opinion though.

Either way, now that you've mentioned that, I guess it's a good time to revisit how making an account looks like. I'll take a look there later.

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 2
  • Excited 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Leaves 1