Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01: EP62 - Lavarynth

Props Valroa

This one has got to be the best episode of TYT yet! I am really starting to get into TYT more now, with the dragons introduced and the unique concepts being seen here. I loved seeing Pipp shining in this episode and the new Mane 6 interacting with the dragons - interesting that they have tribes. 

• Brohoof 2

Ah, the spoilers! :Sunny-huh:

Discounting the fact that this episode was obviously meant to premiere in conjunction with the original Make Your Mark Chapter 6 (before MYM's chapters were restructured, Secrets of Starlight was meant to be its only unaired piece of content for this year at this point), it's another fine short. I always like it when people seem to have enjoyed a Tell Your Tale episode more than I did, I just found the plot of this one kind of weird with how Sunny and her friends flew to the Dragon Lands to celebrate Nightmare Night by almost getting killed. I did enjoy the solution to the last puzzle though and love how the dragons are being presented as less shallow in this generation than in G4, hope that things continue down this road. 

• Brohoof 3

This one isn't bad, though again, isn't mindblowing either.  However, maybe I shouldn't have watched this one before finishing Chapter 5 of MYM, as it's definitely spoilery.  

• Brohoof 1

You gotta love Hasbro not caring about spoiling things. That aside though this was a pretty decent episode. There's of course very little context into who these dragon characters are and how the main characters know them, but that's more of a problem with the release schedule than the episode itself. I especially like how Zipp shows off her flying skills in the first obstacle. Plus, it's interesting to see that she is wearing her crown in this episode. Did something happen in MYM chapter 6 to cause her to wear her crown more often, or is she just wearing it to signify to the dragons that she is pony royalty? Lastly I want to mention the dragons. Personality wise they are not too different from their G4 versions, but design wise they look more like pony-dragon hybrids than actual dragons. Overall though I'm interested in seeing how MYM chapter 6 is going to bring some context to this episode.

18 minutes ago, Landi said:

but design wise they look more like pony-dragon hybrids than actual dragons. 

I’ve also noticed these dragons have a slightly greater equine anatomy than mostl classical dragons, whose anatomy is compared to horses at times :huh:. And also, I think those dragons also have butt tats :huh:

• Excited 1

Ok, I finished Chapter 5 and...good job on the release schedule for this TYT episode. /s  I suppose if Hasbro doesn't care then there's no reason for me to either.  I seem to be using that phrase quite often regarding elements of G5.  Considering how much of an improvement MYM Chapter 5 has been, I suppose they had to figure out a way to drop the ball somehow, so why not release a TYT well before it's supposed to come out?  

As everybody says that was spoilery as hell.

The dragons look weird with those elephant feet rather that articulated hand claws.

Also this reminds me that in MYM chapter 5 I was thinking that Hitch was going to have to give Sparky up. I'm glad it doesn't seem to have happened.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

uh, what? I don't have a clue what going on in this show anymore. :dash: 

Do they expect the YouTube miniseries to replace the Netflix show when it gets canceled next year?