Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is this tweet true or is someone pulling my leg here?

WickedGames

6 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:
  Hide contents

It was mentioned Opaline was banished from Skyros by Spike, so my guess there’s going to be an arc with alicorns and Skyros as relevant subjects

Spoiler

But will it actually be the G4 alicorns?

Don't know how reliable the source is, but in case it's true, well, even though it was a writer who said it, it doesn't mean Hasbro has to agree with it, plans can always change, and this writer may not even be telling the truth (regardless of whether it is on purpose or just a mistake), I don't know, he/she dropping such information during the current story arc which appears to have no relation to the story of the alicorns? Isn't that weird?

well you believe what you want, it can actually may be right, but be careful.

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, WickedGames said:
  Hide contents

But will it actually be the G4 alicorns?

Spoiler

G5 is a sequel, and nothing seems to have happened to them, so I’d wager they’ll at least make a cameo. We’ll have to wait tho

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:
  Hide contents

G5 is a sequel, and nothing seems to have happened to them, so I’d wager they’ll at least make a cameo. We’ll have to wait tho

Discovery Family still owns the rights to those characters till at least 2025

11 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

Don't know how reliable the source is, but in case it's true, well, even though it was a writer who said it, it doesn't mean Hasbro has to agree with it, plans can always change, and this writer may not even be telling the truth (regardless of whether it is on purpose or just a mistake), I don't know, he/she dropping such information during the current story arc which appears to have no relation to the story of the alicorns? Isn't that weird?

Unfortunately some G5 fans love it too much when they jingle the keys too much 

12 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

Also it is very hard to get footage from Everfree without premission 

3 hours ago, WickedGames said:

Well within the possibility of G5 still being around by then. I’m sure they’ll go hard on G4  in G5 once they get the rights back

53 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well within the possibility of G5 still being around by then. I’m sure they’ll go hard on G4  in G5 once they get the rights back

IDK why you wanna see the alicorns come back that would be kinda depressing honestly 

8 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

IDK why you wanna see the alicorns come back that would be kinda depressing honestly 

Why would that be depressing. I’m sure most of us will go like Scoots was when she met Dashie’s parents :huh:

6 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

It’s not what you state. G5 is complemented with G4, but it can stand on it’s own legs

I guess a win win situation for us would be if they do explore Skyros I would like to see new alicorns explored you know the ones that have always been up there and have had little to no contact with Equestria and then there is a another flashback that shows what really happened with Opaline plus Luna and Celestia 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, WickedGames said:

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

And remember that their plans are to continue with TyT into 2025, it's not confirmed that they'll continue it in 2026 and onwards, so, or it's going to be what Steve Piranha said, or they'll reboot G5 and make a G4 reboot (just like I heard their original plans were before ANG), they know how well G4 performed so it's safe to assume they would like to use everything with no restrictions.

21 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

It’s not what you state. G5 is complemented with G4, but it can stand on it’s own legs

And that's exactly what they're doing, as I said in another post it's very likely that now they think that G5 should've been a hard reboot, so they're now working with original characters and stories that have nothing to do with G4, as the Opaline arc didn't work to make the series a hit again, so they ditched the 3D series and now TyT is their focus as that series never tried to rely on stuff from G4, that means, stories easier to be made, characters easier to work, animation easier to be made. It's a win for them, unless they change their minds and plan on making the series to attract older audiences again, I have this theory about the Allura / Aurora Unicorns arc actually being super short and that it's already going to end in TyT episode 70, as it's the end of the show's first Season, so they would already bring back Opaline or make new stuff related to G4 in Season 2 or in whatever is released after Season 1 ends, but that's way to crazy for me to be a reality, so idk.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

And remember that their plans are to continue with TyT into 2025, it's not confirmed that they'll continue it in 2026 and onwards, so, or it's going to be what Steve Piranha said, or they'll reboot G5 and make a G4 reboot (just like I heard their original plans were before ANG), they know how well G4 performed so it's safe to assume they would like to use everything with no restrictions.

And that's exactly what they're doing, as I said in another post it's very likely that now they think that G5 should've been a hard reboot, so they're now working with original characters and stories that have nothing to do with G4, as the Opaline arc didn't work to make the series a hit again, so they ditched the 3D series and now TyT is their focus as that series never tried to rely on stuff from G4, that means, stories easier to be made, characters easier to work, animation easier to be made. It's a win for them, unless they change their minds and plan on making the series to attract older audiences again, I have this theory about the Allura / Aurora Unicorns arc actually being super short and that it's already going to end in TyT episode 70, as it's the end of the show's first Season, so they would already bring back Opaline or make new stuff related to G4 in Season 2 or in whatever is released after Season 1 ends, but that's way to crazy for me to be a reality, so idk.

Spoiler

I feel like they brought back Spike because he was the safest character from G4 to bring back and though  face it even if they did bring the alicorns back they would probably just have Twilight comeback because she is the only one relevant in the stories 

Is anyone really wanting Flurry Heart to show up again even when the license expires?

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

I don't think "still a chance" means a damn thing and she was probably just trying to pique people's interest.

It was UltraSinoic who said that, not the writer, the writer only said "yes".

3 hours ago, WickedGames said:

I feel like they brought back Spike because he was the safest character from G4 to bring back and though  face it even if they did bring the alicorns back they would probably just have Twilight comeback because she is the only one relevant in the stories 

now that you said this, I think it really makes sense and it works with my other theory. Twilight would be too much of a big deal for them to handle if they decided to bring her back in flesh and bone, fans would find it very strange if she disappeared out of nowhere, but not Spike, the dragons have already been established in this generation, and they are all already fine, they are no longer in conflict with something to generate more stories, Allura and the Aurora Unicorns don't seem to have any relation with them, so they could use this a excuse to not bring back Spike again, at least not in a relevant event, that's why I said it's very likely we are not going to see him again, the G4 related story arc is pretty much complete so he has no reasons to show up again except if he wants to see the mane six again because of nostalgia, that could be the reason why they decided to not include him in TyT's recap of MyM Chapter 6 (or maybe because they didn't think it was necessary to create his design for a short appearance in the episode)

While I don't expect to see anything G4 related in Allura arc, let's not disregard the possibility of them trying to make Allura meet Spike or him hearing about her and revealing that she was his and Twilight's enemy in the past, wouldn't surprise me lol.

• Brohoof 1