What made you become a Brony/Pegasister?

Casin

For the old and new Bronies and Pegasisters, what event or happening made you get interested in watching MLP and made you get interested in becoming a brony/pegasis?

26b04821f67ff14769de8a7d781106ac.gif

• Brohoof 1

A decade ago it was simply the Ponemania that was going around and it was inevitable so it just made me watch some pone videos (but not the TV series for unknow reasons)

When I rediscovered it in late June 2023, what happened was that I noticed a few posts showing up in my Facebook feed, they weren't MLP related but they had pones in them (like a Transformers meme showing Twilight in the post-credits scene of Rise of The Beasts haha), some non-MLP videos I watched at the time also had pones showing up for a few seconds, and at the time I wanted to find a "girly" series for me to watch because of my friend who is a fan of Sonic and Love Live, he used to love making comparisons and "crossovers" between the two, and I wanted to do the same, and seeing all this made me remember how I used to like the Pones in 2012-2014, so all of these made me start watching the show, then I fell in love with it and made insane comparisons between it and Dragon ball, and here I am now, this is Rafa Stary's Story with pones :ticking:

My trek towards MLP enjoyment is a bit convoluted, so I won't explain it here. I'll just say it started with the Starscream Vs. RD Death Battle and Turnabout Storm, and leave it at that. If you want to go even further back I could say it started with Touhou, but like I said: convoluted.

The first time I really started watching MLP was last August. It was my brother who took me to watch it at that time.The crazy thing is that we basically watched the whole G4 in one month.We were all deeply attracted by MLP.So much so that we even regret watching it too fast.I am very grateful to MLP, it made a big difference to my life.:adorkable:

• Brohoof 2
  • Shocked 1
  • smile 1

Derpy, when seeing that Derpy speech (fan made video) made me glow into her. She special. and fandom made her assiant to Dr Whooves, I was Whovian and seeing pony called Time Turner into Dr Hooves and seeing fan art of 10th doctor hugging Dr Whooves.

• smile 1

I was surfing through the channels one very early morning back in the day, and was looking for anything that wasn't an infomercial. In my desperation I decided to turn on MLP, which was playing 'Lesson Zero'. I missed the first few minutes of the episode but saw enough to be hooked for the rest of my life. I told my brother the next day that I had found the next great show, and it held true. Lesson Zero still remains in my Top 3 episodes of the show, even after all that's come before or since.

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 2
  • Excited 1

• 1 month later...

There was a kid at school who was a known brony, I'll confess I found it very strange at the time as was the norm, but one evening I though "why not see what all the fuss is about"

I really enjoyed the first two episodes and though I skipped big chunks of episodes I found a bit too hard to watch at first I started really enjoying the series, especially any episodes involving Celestia and Luna, some really great story behind the two of them,

All this lead to a deep dive into fan music and animations which was some fantastic stuff, even tried my hand at fanart within the first two weeks of watching the show ^_^