Summer Workout

Rainbow Dash

Hey, everypony! :D

I hope everyone's been enjoying June and Summer, so far!

In times like this, it's always great to be outdoors and have fun in the sun! B)

Although, it's still nice to stay indoors, chillax and keep cool from the summer heat!

If there's one thing that I like to do, it's a good workout! ^_^

There's nothing like working up a sweat, while getting some healthy exercise!

Ever since my time before the Wonderbolts, I've always seen my training as a form of staying in shape! :)

Whether it's wing pushups, a good jog from the Running of the Leaves, or even taking part in Buckball with friends, just about any kind of workout is always fair game!

Not only that, but it's also important to eating healthy! A well balanced meal is very important when it comes to a good workout! :fluttershy:

It's even better to have a goal or milestones to work towards when exercising!

For me, it was always about staying in shape, while increasing my speed and agility when flying to one day join the Wonderbolts! :wub:

It wasn't easy at first, but in time, I managed to fly faster and become more swift when performing flight tricks!

That's why I want to issue this challenge and to hear from anyone that is reading this! :dash:

Whether you have a workout routine, are a part of an athletic team, or you have a goal or milestone in mind. Please post it here to share any past workout from this month, or any future workout that you hope to accomplish!

Those that post their workout routines, goals/milestones and more will receive a badge! :squee:

I look forward to reading all of your athletic journey!

Here's to a bright and sunny summer, everypony! :coolandhip:

• Brohoof 4
  • smile 1
  • Excited 4

3 hours ago, Rainbow Dash said:

I hope everyone's been enjoying June and Summer, so far!

In times like this, it's always great to be outdoors and have fun in the sun! B)

Although, it's still nice to stay indoors, chillax and keep cool from the summer heat!

If there's one thing that I like to do, it's a good workout! ^_^

There's nothing like working up a sweat, while getting some healthy exercise!

Ever since my time before the Wonderbolts, I've always seen my training as a form of staying in shape! :)

Whether it's wing pushups, a good jog from the Running of the Leaves, or even taking part in Buckball with friends, just about any kind of workout is always fair game!

Not only that, but it's also important to eating healthy! A well balanced meal is very important when it comes to a good workout! :fluttershy:

It's even better to have a goal or milestones to work towards when exercising!

For me, it was always about staying in shape, while increasing my speed and agility when flying to one day join the Wonderbolts! :wub:

It wasn't easy at first, but in time, I managed to fly faster and become more swift when performing flight tricks!

That's why I want to issue this challenge and to hear from anyone that is reading this! :dash:

Whether you have a workout routine, are a part of an athletic team, or you have a goal or milestone in mind. Please post it here to share any past workout from this month, or any future workout that you hope to accomplish!

Those that post their workout routines, goals/milestones and more will receive a badge! :squee:

I look forward to reading all of your athletic journey!

Here's to a bright and sunny summer, everypony! :coolandhip:

My routine is much but a morning walk and a evening jog but it's better than nothing :)

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 2

Good to hear that Dashie, you truly are a very dedicated athletic Pone! :wub:

Unfortunately, I'm the complete opposite, I don't like any kind of workout, I prefer to stay home drawing and working in my projects, and I also don't like Summer, too hot and dry, I'm more of a winter/fall guy, I like snow (even though there's no snow where I live), sorry for that, I'm full yak :twismile:

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

Depending on what the weather is like is what determines my exercise routine.

If the weather is not boiling hot or freezing cold levels I will usually go walk my cat outside for a few hours and yes you read it right I walk my cat.

No leash we just walk and if he's feeling especially energized run and I mean RUN laps.

If weather is too bad to go outside then it's sit ups , push ups and maybe some yoga poses here or there.

Need to work on my diet though I definitely eat too much Korean ramen but it's hard to say no to spicy and salty foods for me.

At this point my bloods gotta be a mix of hot sauce and msg lol.

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

i used too be rather lazy, probably still am. but recently on a checking by a doctor for work, we found out i have diabetes, not knowing which type yet. So I'm kinda forced too be more active, as just working at work isn't enough. So i try too take longer routes for grocery shopping and generally taking walks. I also try as good as I can now too eat healthier. Not so much microwave food and meaty stuff stuffing with candies, bt more salads, bread, less snacking(And when, then stuff like berries or apples instead of candies) and one warm meal around noon. It's far from easy for me and at worse might not even help getting rid of it, but I must try and we see how it is in few weeks. Maybe for once in my 30 years I might actually at least not beeing fat anymore, guess that still would be something.

• Brohoof 3

I used to follow few sporty youtubeur from my country, but most of they are problematic…

Now? I’m following Jane Fonda’s workout ou YouTube B)

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1

Thanks, Rainbow Dash, for helping to promote fitness!

This month, I've mainly focused on getting back on my road bicycle and conquering efficient hill climbing. It's useful for getting to work. 

I've also played some pickleball with coworkers, and now I'm helping out with a local soccer team.:kirin:

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

(edited)

I'm in the village, it's not the best location to record a video, I shot in a barn in a banya, a chicken coop and on the street.Because there are too many people at home and they will interfere with the video recording process.(I'm recording a video in a balaclava made from an old hat. I need to buy a normal balaclava.)

This is what my training session looks like yesterday. 100 push-ups in one set. 500 squats for 1 set. 20 pull-ups in 1 set.

(I started doing push-ups and squats in the middle of the video incorrectly. To be honest, I am not happy with such results:yeahno:. I could have done better and I also didn't know that I had such thin legs, I needed to train them more often and harder.)

(If the videos are not available, please let me know!)

Spoiler

100 push-ups in one set.

Spoiler

500 squats in one set

Spoiler

20 Pull-ups in one set

I usually train in a different way. I do different types of pull-ups 1 set 20 times, 2 set 19 times, 3 set 17 times, 4 set 16 times, 5 set 15 times. Then I do different types of push-ups 5 sets of 30 times each set. Sometimes after that I continue to train with a kettlebell. This is what it looks like.

Spoiler

(I had to crop the video a bit at the beginning because I couldn't upload the video to YouTube. )

I couldn't record the video completely because I ran out of memory on my phone.

The last exercise from the 16 kg kettlebell workout

Spoiler

My workout yesterday was just a test of how many times I can do push-ups, pull-ups and squats in 1 set. For a workout for the abs and legs, I include a video on YouTube. During today's training session, I broke a 3.9mm diameter steel nail.

Spoiler

I was surprised that I broke the steel nail so quickly, but I need more time for this.

I put on a balaclava crookedly.

After training, I do a long stretch. Sometimes I do yoga, but rarely.

In the future, I plan to learn the elements of street workout (calestenics), for example, front lever, planch and others. I also plan to train harder:sneer:. Training videos in 30 minutes are too weak for me, I can do a heavier workout than shown in the video. Then I will train my forearms with a hammer and a kettlebell. I will break bigger steel nails. I may still be breaking wrenches.

I spend from 1 hour to 4 hours a day workout. I workout 4 or 5 days a week.

I also wanted to record a video about quadrobics, but I probably wouldn't do it better.:awwthanks:

Edited by ComanderZhabikKlavik
  • Brohoof 1
  • Thanks 1

My workouts depend on what I want to accomplish. My full comprehensive workout (when I have time and the inclination) is cardio (elliptical machine at the gym for an hour, twice a week), light aerobics and minimal weights for all muscle groups. For weights I try to focus on different areas on different days; arms and shoulders one day, legs another day, core after that, etc. even though I don’t always follow that strictly and sometimes overlap different muscle groups if I feel like it.

I only use weights for tone and never for building mass. When I don’t go to the gym I use Total Body Sculpt with Gilad videos I recorded off TV long ago, and they definitely do the job! They can be merciless at first though, but it’s good to follow along as well as the body will allow at the outset.

Diet is a huge factor and while I don’t eat very healthy most of the time, amount of calories does play into the strategy. By simply changing from regular cola to diet cola saves me hundreds of calories per day. I eat two meals a day, with no second helpings, and if I get the munchies I use my favorite survivalist trick of eating a couple of breath mints at intervals, which can trick the brain into thinking it’s receiving calories and staves off the hunger. It actually does work. But the most important thing to keep in mind when working out is motivation! If I have a reason to get fit that can push me through all the pain and effort.

Another important thing is managing weight loss into smaller increments; rather than deciding, “I need to lose 20 pounds” it’s a lot better, physically and psychologically, to attack the flab two or three pounds at a time, reward yourself at each mini goal, and then attack another few pounds until the greater goal is achieved. Patience is critical! The body needs time to change, so if it takes a long time and lots of effort at the outset, that’s normal. But once the body acclimates to a more active and healthy routine, the pounds fall off much easier. I’ve been there and lost a LOT of weight.

Right now I’m doing a strenuous aerobic and cardio program with light weights to tighten up my midsection after I had my baby last year. I lost the mommy weight but still have to get tone back; that’s the current goal and I intend to reach it by mid-August.

• smile 1
  • Excited 3

I usually do 20 minutes on a bike, I do 30 pushups every morning and 30 crunches, I know is not so much but at least I do them good