What is the worst movie you have seen at the cinema?

Reecejackox

I always read commenta about a movie before I go see it to avoid surprises but sometimes I am just a bit disappointed.

For instance I thought that The Revenant with DiCaprio would be better... I just got a bit bored...

Tim Burton’s Planet of the Apes 

went about as well as you expected 

Rings, which is basically a "new" (well, not new anymore lol) version of american remake of japanese horror The Ring. I won't beat around the bush. Story was ridiculous, acting underwhelming and the movie was obvious attempt to revive a franchise and milk it as hard as possible. I am glad nobody cared about it, because I really don't like the trend of remaking classic movies in order to milk on nostalgia. It shows immense lack of creativity, drive to play things safe and not make any risks and overall is something that simply cannot become a norm. 

Out of the few movies I've seen in theaters, the worst one I've seen in my opinion is Disney's Frozen. As someone who's a fan of Disney movies, I was hoping it would be a memorable hit, it turned out to not be as interesting or exciting as I had hoped it would be, it just felt underwhelming to me. Not something I'd rewatch more than once in a blue moon.

• Brohoof 1

The Last Jedi.

1. Ground zero for Star Wars's current, most-controversial direction.

2. Domino effect against the reputations of Rian Johnson, Lucasfilm, critic scores, etc.

3. Just plain annoying and depressing as a film.

• Brohoof 2

The worst movie I've ever seen in a theater might be The Curse (1997), based on "The Colour Out of Space" by H.P. Lovecraft. I saw it with some friends and I'm surprised that we all didn't just walk out on it. 

19 hours ago, KPackratt said:

Out of the few movies I've seen in theaters, the worst one I've seen in my opinion is Disney's Frozen. As someone who's a fan of Disney movies, I was hoping it would be a memorable hit, it turned out to not be as interesting or exciting as I had hoped it would be, it just felt underwhelming to me. Not something I'd rewatch more than once in a blue moon.

I second this, but for Frozen 2. Frozen 2 might be single handedly the worst movie ive ever seen. the plot was lost, the pacing was bad and the jokes were lazy and cheesy. the character deaths then revivals and poor attempts at making the audience feel upset with the characters were just soooo disappointing. and i dont understand how much of the story line progressed, i was confused constantly about why things were happening LMAO

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think the worst movie that I have ever seen in theaters was "Fifty Shades of Black", which was a parody of the original movie franchise it was based on. It was horrendous and embarrassing to watch and I even tried to walk out, but my friends forced me to watch it. My friends and I have never felt so uncomfortable by a movie like that before.  It was so vexatiously bad that I completely stopped talking to the person who took us to go see it as a random surprise. (please note that this wasn't the only reason, there were other good reasons on top of this, but this singular movie was so bad that it pushed things over the edge).

Another recent movie that came out called "Monkey Man" was similarly bad. The movie shared similarities to John Wick and started off good, but then it became a train wreck after the first 30 minutes. If I were to describe it- it's like if you ordered your favorite food at a restaurant, painstakingly waited an hour for them to prepare it, suddenly you get excited as you finally see the waiter coming with the hot plate of food towards you, but then they tripped and dropped the food on the floor.

Edited by Starlight Serenade
Editing
  • Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, waxywick said:

I second this, but for Frozen 2. Frozen 2 might be single handedly the worst movie ive ever seen. the plot was lost, the pacing was bad and the jokes were lazy and cheesy. the character deaths then revivals and poor attempts at making the audience feel upset with the characters were just soooo disappointing. and i dont understand how much of the story line progressed, i was confused constantly about why things were happening LMAO

I saw Frozen 2 at home but I was quite shocked because... we almost felt asleep when watching it, which had never happened to us during ANY Disney movie. That's shame because I find Frozen 1 quite entertaining.

10 hours ago, Starlight Serenade said:

I think the worst movie that I have ever seen in theaters was "Fifty Shades of Black", which was a parody of the original movie franchise it was based on. It was horrendous and embarrassing to watch and I even tried to walk out, but my friends forced me to watch it. My friends and I have never felt so uncomfortable by a movie like that before.  It was so vexatiously bad that I completely stopped talking to the person who took us to go see it as a random surprise. (please note that this wasn't the only reason, there were other good reasons on top of this, but this singular movie was so bad that it pushed things over the edge).

I thought about watching it but after your 'recommendation' I guess I'll pass :D

• Brohoof 1

Brightburn and Hellboy (2019)

Heard Brightburn is like Evil Superman but I felt depress, I seen this after Toy Story 4 in a same day. Hellboy, can't believe they reboot it, and it was horrible.

Independence Day: Resurgence.

The original ID4 was the first film I ever saw in theaters. I even saw it again as a double feature for the sequel film 20 years later. 

What an anticlimactic dumpster fire. All the stuff that made the first film fun and iconic was gone. No climactic dog fights. No first hand city destruction. No darkest hour come back. No stories from the 20 years of struggle to rebuild. It's like the first film never even happened. 

Honorable mentions to:

The Last Jedi, the only Star Wars film I didn't like. You don't commit Chekhov's light-saber and get away with it. 

Godzilla 2014. A film so dull, so poorly acted, filled with such false advertising, it makes the 1998 Tri-Star film good by comparison. But at least we got good sequels from it. 

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. What a confusing mess that film was. Nobody can do King Arthur right. 

The Marine. I should've known something was wrong when most theaters weren't carrying John Cena's first cinematic foray since Let's Get Ready to Rumble. Good 40 minute car chase to start. The rest is just a hike through a swamp. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm between "Prometeus" and "Jurassic World 3". Probably Jurassic World 3, I was almost sleeping and wanted to go outside the cinema, as others did. 

• Brohoof 1

Take your pick of any of the so-called ‘Sequel trilogy’ of Star Wars. They all suck and I’ve never left the theater more depressed. I’ve seen a LOT of bad movies, but I can always write them off as a bad passing experience, but these specimens of cinematic excrement left a stench that couldn’t be washed off.

• Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • Excited 1

3 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Take your pick of any of the so-called ‘Sequel trilogy’ of Star Wars. They all suck and I’ve never left the theater more depressed. I’ve seen a LOT of bad movies, but I can always write them off as a bad passing experience, but these specimens of cinematic excrement left a stench that couldn’t be washed off.

Why did you go to all of them?

I saw none in the theater. Iknew they would be crap.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

Why did you go to all of them?

I saw none in the theater. Iknew they would be crap.

I went for several reasons. The main one being that I had to see my favorite old characters onscreen again, even if they were grossly misrepresented by Disney. I had to see my Star Wars family for the last time on the big screen.

I also went because I had to know first hand what was being done to my saga. It's an unpleasant duty but one needs to know one's enemy. 

And finally, being a Star Wars fan right down to the marrow in my bones I had to be there, just to complete a journey I started when I was born. The journey ended horribly, but I just had to experience the good, the bad and the ugly, just to be completist. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

On 2024-07-19 at 6:16 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

We all can't wash the stench off from those sequels.  

What are your thoughts on the atrocious Fantastic 4 (2015) movie @Dreambiscuit?  I still can't wash its stench off:eww:  

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

22 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

What are your thoughts on the atrocious Fantastic 4 (2015) movie @Dreambiscuit?  I still can't wash its stench off:eww:  

Um, I may be wrong (because a lot of these movies kind of mix together in my brain) but if I recall correctly,

Spoiler

I liked Fantastic 4.

Please don't hate me! I could be thinking of the wrong movie entirely...but then again, I may not. :please:

Feel free to drop an anvil on my head at any time. :mlp_rarity:

• Shocked 1
  • Hugs 1