Hitch Trailblazer

Hey, everypony! :fluttershy:

I'm terribly sorry about my lateness!

When it comes to being busy as a sheriff, helping out my friends and making sure that Sparky is okay, it's been pretty busy! :blush:

I hope that everyone's been enjoying the month of August, as well as Summer!

When I think of my job as sheriff, I'm always reminded of all of the things I've done. :coco:

Whether it's been helping new ponies that are visiting Maretime Bay, making sure everypony feels safe and welcomed, or even when it comes to trying to stop any potential trouble from occurring.

To doing my best, bringing good and justice to Maretime Bay and to not ask for anything in return. It's honestly and truly a good feeling. ^_^ 

However, I know I couldn't have done my job or gotten very far on my own.

I've had the support of my friends, who have helped me if I ever felt like I lost my way. :) 

Not only that, but I've had the support of my deputy critters. Such as Kenneth and Birdzilla the seagulls, as well as McSnipps Alot the crab.

That's why for the rest of this month, I want to challenge the users that are reading this. :izzy-oooh:

I'd like to make everypony my official forum deputies! Your job is do one good deed.

You can do multiple good deeds if you like, but please feel free to post your deeds in the thread! :D 

It can be anything from picking up any trash or recycling you see on the street, to helping out your friend if they need a helping hoof. It could even be helping your next door neighbor if they need assistance on a project!

It's not even off the forum that can be a good deed. You can even help out while on the forums! :grin:

Whether it's helping a friend if they are feeling down or need advice, or even welcoming new users and showing them around.

Those that participate will awarded a badge for their good deed! :pinkie:

I look forward to seeing all of your good deeds, everypony!

Here's to a continuously amazing and safe summer! :Cool-shades:

• Brohoof 4
  • Delighted Giggle 2
  • smile 1
  • Excited 1
  • Party! 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Thanks 4

Today, I learned that someone made a G5 fan game to download for free, but I gave them money to download the game anyway! :izzy-shine:

This is the game if you want to check it out for yourself! :coolandhip:

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 4

Good deed I have done this week......:scoots:

I guess opening the door for a few elderly ppl counts? 

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 5
  • Hugs 1

I helped an elderly couple down the road with their internet since they were having issues. They offered to pay but I always feel awful taking money from older folks, especially if I know they aren't well off. So I did it for free.

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 3
  • Hugs 2

This summer, a lot of things happened in my life! I've doing a lot of good deed by helping many of my friends from the MLP Forums! I listened to their issues, made them feel supported and gave them advices. InDEED (:orly:), I won't reveal their names, since they deserve their privacy! :bedeyes:

However, I don't think it's fair to say all this without also mentionning the fact that I've needed as much support as them, this summer, which I received from my friends! :kindness:

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 3
  • Hugs 3

I was going shopping last week at Aldi's and saw a lady having trouble clipping the cart chain in (for anyone confused, Aldi's is a cheap grocery store where you need a quarter to unchain a cart from the one in front of it. It's to help encourage people to bring the carts back instead of leaving them out in the parking lot, as Aldi's keeps its costs down by not having as many employees as a lot of big grocery stores). She was trying to put the cart's own chain in the locking slot, instead of the chain from the cart ahead of it. I helped her by letting her know she needed to use the chain from the cart in front of hers to lock it in. She was happy to get her quarter back and thanked me.

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 2
  • Hugs 3

Well I thought I wouldn't have anything significate to share but wouldn't you know it, this morning I did a good deed. :jazz-hooves-please:

My sister pointed out that my neighbour's car had a flat tire as he was preparing to leave for work so I ran out to let him know, turns out he didn't know how to change it so I proceeded to grab some tools and helped him change it out for the spare and had him on his merry way :twi:

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 2
  • Excited 2
  • Hugs 2

Today, I had the chance to support a new LGBT+ friend who reached out to me during a difficult time. They shared their struggles with me, and I made sure to listen with an open mind and without judgment. I reassured them, reminding them that they are loved and accepted just as they are.

Lately, I’ve been putting more effort into learning from and listening to the experiences of others in the community and in general. I recognizing that everyone’s journey is unique and beautiful. It was meaningful to offer a safe space where they could express themselves openly. Small acts like these help strengthen our community, and I’m thankful I could make a positive impact on their day while deepening my own understanding and friendship.

• Brohoof 3
  • smile 3

Good deeds, huh? That's a great topic, Sheriff!

At a watering hole over the weekend, I helped to welcome a new person to the city. They were shy and reserved, but by warming up to them, they felt empowered to be themselves!

• Brohoof 4
  • smile 3

Okay Sunday after church my friend needed ladies to help her help this woman help with one of her yards I got to mow the lawn for the first time but I also sat down to talk with this lady we were helping it was a nice day and after we did the work we were on our way home  we stopped to get food 

• smile 1
  • Hugs 3

Over the past week, I made the decision to go out and get several gifts to our family back in my mother's home country. They're not well off and while it's not much, I wanted to share what I could. I can already imagine the joy and excitement on the children's faces when they receive their gifts. It's a small gesture, but it warms my heart to know it will bring them a bit of happiness.

• smile 2
  • Excited 2

On 2024-08-18 at 3:15 AM, Misty Shadow said:

Today, I learned that someone made a G5 fan game to download for free, but I gave them money to download the game anyway! :izzy-shine:

This is the game if you want to check it out for yourself! :coolandhip:

This game looks like a lot of fun! :izzy-oooh:

I think it's also very sweet and generous to give money towards someone to help in a project. :rarity:

On 2024-08-18 at 8:04 AM, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

usually i let people with less stuff then me go ahead of me in line for grocery shopping, if I'm not in a hurry.

I think this is a kind and caring deed to have performed. :) 

Usually there are those that have a lot of groceries to carry and their hooves are full. 

To see this good deed and to not ask for anything in return is truly heartwarming. :fluttershy:

On 2024-08-18 at 8:58 AM, Dupluna said:

I welcomed 6 new users! :please:

Awesome and hooray! :pinkie:

It's always great to welcome a new friend. Especially if you get to help them to feel welcomed and to potentially making a new friend! ^_^ 

On 2024-08-18 at 9:44 AM, Tao said:

Good deed I have done this week......:scoots:

I guess opening the door for a few elderly ppl counts? 

That definitely counts!

Opening or holding a door for someone is always both kind and heartwarming deed to perform! :) 

On 2024-08-18 at 3:19 PM, Iforgotmybrain said:

I helped an elderly couple down the road with their internet since they were having issues. They offered to pay but I always feel awful taking money from older folks, especially if I know they aren't well off. So I did it for free.

This is truly so sweet, heartwarming and wholesome! :coco:

To help others that might be having a situation on their hooves. Along with not asking for anything in return is truly a kind, caring and the best kind of feeling. :fluttershy:

On 2024-08-18 at 6:54 PM, Shiny Silvermoon said:

This summer, a lot of things happened in my life! I've doing a lot of good deed by helping many of my friends from the MLP Forums! I listened to their issues, made them feel supported and gave them advices. InDEED (:orly:), I won't reveal their names, since they deserve their privacy! :bedeyes:

However, I don't think it's fair to say all this without also mentionning the fact that I've needed as much support as them, this summer, which I received from my friends! :kindness:

It's always a heartwarming feeling when one is there for a friend and to be able to support them, as well. :grin:

Especially if that friend is able to be there and support you too. :coco:

On 2024-08-18 at 7:15 PM, MidnightFire1222 said:

I was going shopping last week at Aldi's and saw a lady having trouble clipping the cart chain in (for anyone confused, Aldi's is a cheap grocery store where you need a quarter to unchain a cart from the one in front of it. It's to help encourage people to bring the carts back instead of leaving them out in the parking lot, as Aldi's keeps its costs down by not having as many employees as a lot of big grocery stores). She was trying to put the cart's own chain in the locking slot, instead of the chain from the cart ahead of it. I helped her by letting her know she needed to use the chain from the cart in front of hers to lock it in. She was happy to get her quarter back and thanked me.

I think the use of a coin to help others bring carts back is a very effective idea. :ooh:

I wonder if a bit could work for a cart like that.

I also think this is a really kind and great deed with helping somepony else in getting their coin back. :kindness:

On 2024-08-18 at 7:49 PM, Snow said:

Well I thought I wouldn't have anything significate to share but wouldn't you know it, this morning I did a good deed. :jazz-hooves-please:

My sister pointed out that my neighbour's car had a flat tire as he was preparing to leave for work so I ran out to let him know, turns out he didn't know how to change it so I proceeded to grab some tools and helped him change it out for the spare and had him on his merry way :twi:

It sounds like both you and your sister have done a good deed! :kindness:

Letting a neighbor know of their flat tire is both kind and keeps them safe from any trouble on the road. :coco:

Along with helping to change their tire and not expect anything in return is both sweet and heartwarming. :rarity:

On 2024-08-19 at 10:30 PM, Comp said:

Good deeds, huh? That's a great topic, Sheriff!

At a watering hole over the weekend, I helped to welcome a new person to the city. They were shy and reserved, but by warming up to them, they felt empowered to be themselves!

That sounds like both a lot of fun and really kind in regards to welcoming someone to the city! :) 

Especially if it means to be able to make a new friend! ^_^ 

On 2024-08-21 at 5:44 PM, Silverspark184 said:

Okay Sunday after church my friend needed ladies to help her help this woman help with one of her yards I got to mow the lawn for the first time but I also sat down to talk with this lady we were helping it was a nice day and after we did the work we were on our way home  we stopped to get food 

This sounds like a kind and lovely good deed to perform!

Especially when it comes to having the helping hooves of friends! :) 

It's even heartwarming to be sit down with the one that you were helping. Always fun to talking and getting to know somepony after a day of hard work. :fluttershy:

On 2024-08-19 at 10:09 PM, Starlight Serenade said:

Today, I had the chance to support a new LGBT+ friend who reached out to me during a difficult time. They shared their struggles with me, and I made sure to listen with an open mind and without judgment. I reassured them, reminding them that they are loved and accepted just as they are.

Lately, I’ve been putting more effort into learning from and listening to the experiences of others in the community and in general. I recognizing that everyone’s journey is unique and beautiful. It was meaningful to offer a safe space where they could express themselves openly. Small acts like these help strengthen our community, and I’m thankful I could make a positive impact on their day while deepening my own understanding and friendship.

On 2024-08-24 at 1:53 AM, Starlight Serenade said:

Over the past week, I made the decision to go out and get several gifts to our family back in my mother's home country. They're not well off and while it's not much, I wanted to share what I could. I can already imagine the joy and excitement on the children's faces when they receive their gifts. It's a small gesture, but it warms my heart to know it will bring them a bit of happiness.

Being there for a friend by giving them a listening ear is truly heartwarming. :rarity:

Listening and understanding their struggles to let them know that they aren't alone and that they have support is truly a kind and caring deed. :) 

Especially when getting gifts to send to family. Knowing the smiles that the gifts bring is always a rewarding kind of feeling. :coco:

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 2
  • Hugs 3

3 minutes ago, Hitch Trailblazer said:

This game looks like a lot of fun! :izzy-oooh:

I think it's also very sweet and generous to give money towards someone to help in a project. :rarity:

I think this is a kind and caring deed to have performed. :) 

Usually there are those that have a lot of groceries to carry and their hooves are full. 

To see this good deed and to not ask for anything in return is truly heartwarming. :fluttershy:

Awesome and hooray! :pinkie:

It's always great to welcome a new friend. Especially if you get to help them to feel welcomed and to potentially making a new friend! ^_^ 

That definitely counts!

Opening or holding a door for someone is always both kind and heartwarming deed to perform! :) 

This is truly so sweet, heartwarming and wholesome! :coco:

To help others that might be having a situation on their hooves. Along with not asking for anything in return is truly a kind, caring and the best kind of feeling. :fluttershy:

It's always a heartwarming feeling when one is there for a friend and to be able to support them, as well. :grin:

Especially if that friend is able to be there and support you too. :coco:

I think the use of a coin to help others bring carts back is a very effective idea. :ooh:

I wonder if a bit could work for a cart like that.

I also think this is a really kind and great deed with helping somepony else in getting their coin back. :kindness:

It sounds like both you and your sister have done a good deed! :kindness:

Letting a neighbor know of their flat tire is both kind and keeps them safe from any trouble on the road. :coco:

Along with helping to change their tire and not expect anything in return is both sweet and heartwarming. :rarity:

That sounds like both a lot of fun and really kind in regards to welcoming someone to the city! :) 

Especially if it means to be able to make a new friend! ^_^ 

This sounds like a kind and lovely good deed to perform!

Especially when it comes to having the helping hooves of friends! :) 

It's even heartwarming to be sit down with the one that you were helping. Always fun to talking and getting to know somepony after a day of hard work. :fluttershy:

Being there for a friend by giving them a listening ear is truly heartwarming. :rarity:

Listening and understanding their struggles to let them know that they aren't alone and that they have support is truly a kind and caring deed. :) 

Especially when getting gifts to send to family. Knowing the smiles that the gifts bring is always a rewarding kind of feeling. :coco:

Aww, thanks Sheriff Hitch! I'm thrilled to see that the rest of the community is filled with such wonderful and amazing people. It makes me proud to be a part of it all. :D

• Hugs 1

I accidentally broke the porcelian Sally on one of my mom's Nightmare Before Christmas things in half and I suddenly noticed while I was grabbing a soda, and I immediately ran to the bathroom and knocked on the door to inform her I broke it.

Unfortunately, I also broke one of my mom's skull decorations and didn't notice that it was also broken :lie:

She managed to fix both though, she glued a flower and some gems over where the plastic skull broke, and she just glued Sally's torso back on her body.

• Hugs 2