Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Let's talk cars! :D

Krystal

what do you think of the newer Challengers?

they're really pretty but i like old ones more. :)

I also love these cars

The Gumpert Apollo

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can only describe it as a firebreathing dragon

And the Bugatti Veyron

Posted Image

The fastest street legal car in the world. Need I say more?

(edited)

No offence to anyone at all, I love all you all!

But can we try to make this more of a detailed discussion about cars, makes, models, racing, and such?

It's hard to scroll through readable and in depth content when a ton of the posts are no more than 10 words long (but maybe it's just me :) )

To one of the above posts that relate more to the discussion, any picture of a car taken next to a fighter jet gets an A in my book!

I've always enjoyed Top Gear challenges such as this:

http-~~-//youtu.be/7NZ9X9A2efA

Edited by Steel Matt
  • Brohoof 1

Now most of these cars cost amouts that are easier to measure in fractions of a million to over a million. A more realistic car that I may actually be able to buy on the other hand would be this

The Dodge Viper

Posted Image

Now most of these cars cost amouts that are easier to measure in fractions of a million to over a million. A more realistic car that I may actually be able to buy on the other hand would be this

The Dodge Viper

I wouldn't mind having a viper myself :D

but me being a chevy guy, if I did end up getting money to buy a car that expensive I'd end up getting a ZR1 ;)

So, Acura is bringing the NSX back. Looks pretty good so far.

Acura NSX Concept First Look

I find it a bit confuzzeling that they're using electric motors to drive the front wheels instead of the engine itself. Just seems like unnecessary weight to me even after the claims of finer AWD control.

Love the looks, not so much the electric engine part :(

This has got to be the best convertible ever

Mercedes SLR

that really is sexy :blush:

This has got to be the best convertible ever

Mercedes SLR

Posted Image

I have to agree that this is pretty stunning. And here is the best convertible driver to go with the best convertible car!

Posted Image

But in all seriousness, I think the Lotus Elise makes for a fun little "toy" convertible:

Posted Image

While the Mercedes SLR pictured above, is most certainly more classy.

• Brohoof 1

Love the looks, not so much the electric engine part :(

Yeah, hybrid drive systems are popping up in sports cars now. Maybe its just me but I'd rather drive a sports car with a tuned Diesel engine than with a hybrid drivetrain.

Am I the only one who finds it dumb that Nissan will never make the Juke R a production car? I mean seriously, they could make that an awesome sleeper.

Posted Image

No one would expect their 'vette to be dominated by a Nissan Juke if a less conspicuous version of the Juke R was made.

I know the DeLorean is a horrible car performance wise but you've got to have some respect for a car that leaves trails of flame behind it, fly, and travel through time, all while running on bannana peels, beer, beer cans, and egg cartons.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, hybrid drive systems are popping up in sports cars now. Maybe its just me but I'd rather drive a sports car with a tuned Diesel engine than with a hybrid drivetrain.

Am I the only one who finds it dumb that Nissan will never make the Juke R a production car? I mean seriously, they could make that an awesome sleeper.

No one would expect their 'vette to be dominated by a Nissan Juke if a less conspicuous version of the Juke R was made.

for me, any engine besides electric in a performance car I prefer.

Ofc I prefer the sound of a V8 the most ;)

but thats the sound, not about performance lol

for me, any engine besides electric in a performance car I prefer.

Amen to that.

Ofc I prefer the sound of a V8 the most ;)

but thats the sound, not about performance lol

Nothing wrong with the sound of a V8. The real question is though, just a plain V8 or with the nice sound of a spooled up turbo?

On a different note, how about a video of a kind of behind the scenes tour of the Koenigsegg factory.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp_qxKWMsVw&list=FLgmnzy_3i2-4Lv_nvm3rJSA&index=5&feature=plpp_video

I have to say, I knew of Koenigsegg for some time as they were the fastest production car before the Veyron, but I am just at awe over how much engineering goes into it. The attention to detail is just staggering and they look fun as all fuzz to drive. Sounds great too. I'll probably never own one but I can always dream.