Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Silverwisp draws stuff (feat. the forums biggest art dump of armoured ponies)

Silverwisp the Bard

(edited)
The Bear and Mare (Bear and Maiden ?) sounds like something my friend who watches The Game of Thrones has mentioned once, though I do not know much more about it. Would have to google it. And the Wizard's staff has a knob on the end is every discworldian's must-know Posted Image

Great drawing man. Looks really amazing.

Well after all this time someone figured it out Posted Image . Who would have thought?

So, what can I get you Seargeant?

and a pic for Devious Detonation:

post-3492-0-85641000-1349547968_thumb.jpg

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 6

• 1 month later...

I have always loved your work. You have such a wodnerful style, and Look, the art you did me is on my avatar *points ot the left*

As for musical pets:

Singing dogs of New Guinea?

Hummingbird

Nightengale

Mockingbird (Both nightengales and mockingbirds are known for having very sweet sounds)

Hound dog (Hound dogs do not shut up! They love to make noise and howl!)

As for names:

Treble

Clef

Baritone

Tenor

Alto

Vibrato

Scale or Measure

Hope this has been helpful!

I really like the Vector though the rear hoof has some odd white bits. As for a musical pet mmm birds are too stereotypical for that kind of thing so how about a wolf? i think they are quite musical.

I really like the Vector though the rear hoof has some odd white bits. As for a musical pet mmm birds are too stereotypical for that kind of thing so how about a wolf? i think they are quite musical.

I hate to nitpick but... That doesn't seem safe. Don't get the wrong idea, they call me Wolf girl at my school, but I also know the dangers, even in a fantasy setting. Wolves can be unpredictable. They're not like dogs in the fact the'yll continually fight you for dominance. A dog may lash out, but they are bred to be more submissive vand docile toward men. Unlesds of course the breed is used for fighting.

This is all amazing work! I love it! (I also love your Game of Thrones reference. Well played sir, well played)

The dragon pony is by far my favorite, it just was executed so well. And you actually have drawn the first real humanized ponies that i have enjoyed looking at. They actually look 'normal'! Nice work!

A pet eh... Hmmm...

You need a pet with a porpoise! How about a dolphin?

Edited by WingedRatchet
  • Brohoof 1

I hate to nitpick but... That doesn't seem safe. Don't get the wrong idea, they call me Wolf girl at my school, but I also know the dangers, even in a fantasy setting. Wolves can be unpredictable. They're not like dogs in the fact the'yll continually fight you for dominance. A dog may lash out, but they are bred to be more submissive vand docile toward men. Unlesds of course the breed is used for fighting.

I had I half wolf when I was younger. She wasn't prone to lash out at the family but we had to cage her when people visit outside the family. She was very protective of the children and the home was her territory. My dad however is a proffesional dog trainer so I imagine he knew what he was doing when we adopted her. He had a funny way of randomly tackling her and having little brawls, she never bit him but they'd fight from time to time.

• Brohoof 1

I had I half wolf when I was younger. She wasn't prone to lash out at the family but we had to cage her when people visit outside the family. She was very protective of the children and the home was her territory. My dad however is a proffesional dog trainer so I imagine he knew what he was doing when we adopted her. He had a funny way of randomly tackling her and having little brawls, she never bit him but they'd fight from time to time.

Your Dad seems smart. His little brawls were to keep the dog submissive, most likely. A reminder. 'I'm leader, and you're below me.'

• 2 months later...

Its official, you must be the coolest man alive!

Why, thank you kind sir.

In other news, here is a sketch of Amethyst Gleam (thanks to CluelessLlamma and Sweets for the name)

post-3492-0-50006800-1351205498_thumb.jpg

Amy is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, since I usually berate people for OCs that don't quite fit into the show setting.

Anyway, she is the (magically conceived) daughter of Spike and Rarity some some 5-10 years after the events of the show, because SpikexRarity is the best shipping evar!!!! I am the biggest sucker for SpikexRarity on the planet and will fight you for that title.

As a half dragon breed she has the ability to breath (nonmagical) fire and control it with her magic, which plays into her talent (glassblowing).

And here are some sketchings, if anyone wants to draw his/her own dragonpony:

post-3492-0-54064800-1351205573_thumb.jpg

Some more Amy and grown-up Spike (this time without wings):

post-3492-0-52496300-1355101660_thumb.jpg

Our first Nightmare Night with cousin Starry Night (Twilight's daughter)

also a concept for a unicorn sorcerer, that still needs a coloursheme and name (any ideas?)

msg-3492-0-03415300-1354575372_thumb.jpg

And here we have my first griffon OC, Miri (thanks to ThatBronyGirl for coming up with the name). If anyone here is a huge enough geek to have gotten the reference in the title, I'll draw something for you.

post-3492-0-92698900-1355456081_thumb.jpg

Still need a backstory for her though, anyone got any suggestions?

Just uploading some pics for a roleplay that I'm hosting. No peeking, if you're a participant.

I mean it.

post-3492-0-87368600-1355692737_thumb.jpgpost-3492-0-57244800-1355692749_thumb.jpgpost-3492-0-57467400-1355692760_thumb.jpgpost-3492-0-07625100-1357509540_thumb.jpgpost-3492-0-62623200-1357509559_thumb.jpgpost-3492-0-92542100-1355692780_thumb.jpgpost-3492-0-44188400-1355692801_thumb.jpgpost-3492-0-46535300-1355692816_thumb.jpgpost-3492-0-53264900-1355692843_thumb.jpgpost-3492-0-11973600-1355692862_thumb.jpgpost-3492-0-56189100-1355692879_thumb.jpgpost-3492-0-79983500-1355692894_thumb.jpgpost-3492-0-24013400-1355693138.jpg

• Brohoof 5

Ggggod how i want to learn to draw like you... Everytime i try to draw from those examples you've shown me, it turns out horrible! :c especially the legs...

Anyways, awesome work on the drawings! Loved it!

May i ask, how long have you been practising for?

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Gog god how i want to learn to draw like you... Everytime i try to draw from those examples you've shown me, it turns out horrible! :c especially the legs...

May i ask, how long have you been practising for?

Thanks, and hang in there, the legs are what most people struggle with the most.

As for me, I've been drawing on-off for about 8 years, and specifically ponies for about one year.

Okay here's another drawing of Silverwisp, both for a new avatar while GMing my roleplay and my next vectoring.

post-3492-0-66548100-1355856091_thumb.jpg

And my spin at the Equestria Divided Rarity, simply because the design is just beautiful. It's a bit messy at the moment, gotta clean it up, once I find the time.

post-3492-0-24506000-1355856117_thumb.jpg

post-3492-0-93009800-1356579814_thumb.jpg

I also made a signature:

post-3492-0-22780000-1358541123.jpg

And here we got Sule, Archon of Chiroptera (I see what you did there). Decided to give hi a circlet to show his rank. Sule belongs to AnonyPoni, who runs one mean Roleplay.:

post-3492-0-22571100-1359249700_thumb.jpg

Archonin' ain't easy

And Indigo fro the same RP:

post-3492-0-74658400-1359249804_thumb.jpg

And another pic of Joan, because I needed a new avatar for another forum:

post-3492-0-86974900-1359249899_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 5

And here we got Sule, Archon of Chiroptera (I see what you did there). Decided to give hi a circlet to show his rank. Sule belongs to AnonyPoni, who runs one mean Roleplay.:

img-1121227-1-attachicon.gifSCAN0234.JPG

Archonin' ain't easy

img-1121227-2-attachicon.gifSCAN0235.JPG

Ok, now I'm home and can type out a full thing on my keyboard :P

So today (among other stuff... it was a packed day :) ) I went to a car show. Sometime in the Audi section, I decided to look at my phone and I saw the email from the PM, where you had made the art.

I shrugged this off and decided to look at it later. I mean, I've asked artists to do TGK art before, but they either disappeared, laughed me off (I'm looking at you, Veggie), or they did a... meh job... I figured I could wait.

I think It was a bit before I got the soap from the cheerleaders (long story) when I took a look at the drawings. Needless to say, I was blown away. 

It wasn't just your style (which was well done), but they WAY sule looked... It was, as I said before, way better than what I imagined him. You see, I actually kept trying to imagine him as the Pony I had for his image :P but, it never worked. His hair wasn't right, the confidence was too much, and he already looked mary sueish since it didn't really, as you said, do him justice.

Sule NOW looks like a real character, not a cardboard cut out. I don't think i'd ever be able to repay you for doing that. It's almost magic :P

As for Indigo, Jadefire can decide for himself whether or not to write a PM to you. Again, you made Indigo look better than I could have imagined. You even made armour! Jade and I have thought tirelessly over how their armor would look, and you just did it *snap* like that :P not to mention that that armour looks nice and makes sense for the society they live in (the stuff he has looks like Roman stuff, which is what we tried to make a lot of Malumai society to be like).

Seriously, though, you are an amazing artist. Not only did you make these guys look great, you were to make them in a different vision. A much better vision.

And with that, I tip my hat to you.

Thank You

Edited by AnonyPoni

Thanks, and hang in there, the legs are what most people struggle with the most.

As for me, I've been drawing on-off for about 8 years, and specifically ponies for about one year.

Okay here's another drawing of Silverwisp, both for a new avatar while GMing my roleplay and my next vectoring.

attachicon.gifbard and white.jpg

And my spin at the Equestria Divided Rarity, simply because the design is just beautiful. It's a bit messy at the moment, gotta clean it up, once I find the time.

attachicon.gifSCAN0188.JPG

attachicon.gifindex.jpg

I also made a signature:

attachicon.gifsignatur.jpg

attachicon.gifSCAN0234.JPG

Archonin' ain't easy

attachicon.gifSCAN0235.JPG

And another pic of Joan, because I needed a new avatar for another forum:

attachicon.gifjoan.JPG

Wow, that looks great. I did imagine Indigo being physically larger (basically built like Big Macintosh, noticeably broader than Archon Sule), but the armor looks amazing. Good work. :3

Now we just need to convince you to draw the rest of the cast of the RP. x3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

And with that, I tip my hat to you.

Why, thank you.

Wow, that looks great. I did imagine Indigo being physically larger (basically built like Big Macintosh, noticeably broader than Archon Sule), but the armor looks amazing.

Okay, I'll beef him up a bit, anything else that needs changing (the mane, a different design on the shield ect.)?

In the meantime we got Midnight,

post-3492-0-43074500-1359930715_thumb.jpg

and Comet, both from the same RP

post-3492-0-97649800-1359930754_thumb.jpg

Hope I got these right.

Also an updated signature:

post-3492-0-67658200-1359931690.jpg

• Brohoof 6

Okay, I'll beef him up a bit, anything else that needs changing (the mane, a different design on the shield ect.)?

Not particularly, other than I'd say make his mane a little bit unkempt, like he doesn't brush it enough after removing his helmet. x3

• 1 month later...
(edited)

And here we got Twilight Sparkle as a space marerine, secifically a pre-heresy Thousand Son, for the two members on this forum who'd care:

post-3492-0-65273500-1363384145_thumb.jpg

Accept my friendship or die, xeno scum!

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

And here we got Twilight Sparkle as a space marerine, secifically a pre-heresy Thousand Son, for the two members on this forum who'd care:

Accept my friendship or die, xeno scum!

This armour resembles the original armour well. 

A few things I'd point out:

-Twilight's body and neck seem to be stretched.

-The root of her tail is a little low. 

-Twilight's body and neck seem to be stretched.

-The root of her tail is a little low. 

I actually meant to have her be a little bit taller/long limped (along the lines of Fleur), but yeah, not that you mention it, the neck is far to long.

Thanks for the input, it's hard to come by.

I actually meant to have her be a little bit taller/long limped (along the lines of Fleur), but yeah, not that you mention it, the neck is far to long.

Thanks for the input, it's hard to come by.

hehehe...the armour would be way too bulky for a pony with Fleur de Lis's type of body. But I get what you mean. 

It was no problem at all, friend. I know how hard it is to receive useful feedback.

Dang silverwisp your sketches are all very awesome to be honest Xd. I'm not even normally a big black and white fan, but I still love your sketches :).

Keep up the great work!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not even normally a big black and white fan, but I still love your sketches smile.png.

Thanks, I have recently been rediscovering pencil sketches for me (makes anice change from all the power armor for one thing).

Anyway, here's the headless horse:

post-3492-0-38231900-1366454609_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 5