Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Legend of Zelda Disscusion Thread

1Fluttershy

Yeah, I know there's already a Nintento thread, but this is a series that I feel deserves it's own thread (and Skyward Sword is coming soon, so now's the perfect time to make this thread).

So...yeah. Discuss all things Zelda here.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to start by wishing I still had my Minish Cap and ALttP GBA carts. :(

One was lost and one was stolen years ago.

I'll also say this: TP is my favorite Zelda so far but if what I hear is true SS will certainly be a good one.

I have played most of the games in the series, except for the Oracle games. The original Zelda for NES will always be one of my favorite games. My current favorite game is Twilight Princess, but I get the feeling that may change after Skyward Sword comes out. I know what I'm doing for Thanksgiving.

I'm not one of the people who's like "Omg, OoT is the best evarrrr" though I do like it. I feel it's highly overrated and it's half the reason TP was criticized so much. TP has been accused so much of being an OoT clone (how anyone came up with this I'll never even know) that no one takes it seriously as a Zelda game.

To tell you the truth, I didn't play Ocarina until I got a Gamecube, and I played Windwaker soon after that. I like Ocarina, but I don't think it is the greatest game ever made. For most people, it is a nostalgia thing, like the original Zelda is for me. Twilight Princess is my favorite because I like the darker, more realistic Link.

I'm a Zelda collector of sorts. So far I have:

Zelda II (NES)

A Link to the Past (SNES)

Links Awakening DX (GBC)

Ocarina of Time: Collector's Edition (Gamecube)

Ocarina of Time + Master Quest (Gamecube)

Wind Waker (Gamecube)

Phantom Hourglass (DS)

Twilight Princess (Wii)

Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)

I used to have Ocarina of Time for the N64 but for some stupid reason I traded it in to GameStop when I got the Gamecube version.

• Brohoof 1

To tell you the truth, I didn't play Ocarina until I got a Gamecube, and I played Windwaker soon after that. I like Ocarina, but I don't think it is the greatest game ever made. For most people, it is a nostalgia thing, like the original Zelda is for me. Twilight Princess is my favorite because I like the darker, more realistic Link.

I like it for that reason too, plus I really feel that the story in TP is the best in the series. Though the game dies off about halfway through (after Midna's Midnight Run, as I like to call it) it still has an amazing story and fantastic locales.

If any of you remember me from the 3DS forums, my favorite is Majora's Mask.

I really love how 'dark' the story is. What other game can you heal someone's broken souls, and wear a physical embodiment of their troubles as a mask? I'm not even going to begin on how badly Skull Kid and Majora were treated to cause them to act that way. It is just an epic game, and the best Zelda game (although SS looks promising), regardless of what anypony else says.

And if anypony asks you if OoT is better, in a place or way that makes you feel uncomfortable; first you say:

Then you get outta there!

• Brohoof 1

When I played MM on N64 I couldn't get into it for the sole purpose that I could never find the Snow Temple (plus the cart was used and always froze after playing for ten to twenty minutes) and the three day thing, even when extended thanks to the Song of Time, always loomed over me and made me feel rushed as hell.

I'll try to get it again to see if I can get into it but when I was younger I didn't particularly like it.

I had to use a guide to get through Majora's Mask but that was a long time ago. I might give it another go one of these days, especially if it gets remade on the 3DS.

• Brohoof 1

WHATASAMARIOFANICANTALLOWYOUFAGSTOTALKDOWNONTHEGREATESTSERIESEVERANGERRAGEANDSTUFF!! While I'm not the greatest Zelda fan, I do believe it is one of the coolest series created.

My point exactly.

Lol.

Touche'.

Well try to say "Zelda" is best to a mario fanboy.

You will LOL.

Try to say anything Nintendo is best to a Sonic fanboy.

This is getting a bit off-topic, though. Back to Zelda disussion.

Edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie

Try to say anything Nintendo is best to a Sonic fanboy.

This is getting a bit off-topic, though. Back to Zelda disussion.

Zelda... yes...

OH.

Who else thought Zelda was the main character when they were kids?