Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Legend of Zelda Disscusion Thread

1Fluttershy

Just finished the game. Loved the entire thing. What did you guys think?

Personally, I absolutely adore Majoras Mask. No one ever seems to see eye to eye on that.

I had to give up on MM because my emulator fails and I can't shoot my bow accurately at all with a keyboard :(

It was a good game while it lasted though.

I have so much to say about the series, but I don't have time to write it all atm.

Only thing I can say is that I'm highly dissapointed from the lack of any annoucnement of the new Zelda 3DS game I hoped they'd be working on. But if at all, that game will come before the highly-anticipated Majora's Mask remake.

Seriously, though, I have so much crap I really want to say about my life as a Zelda fan so far. I might not get to it until a lot later, there's just so much I love about it. I'm afraid it might be TL;DR'd, even. :/

Only thing I can say is that I'm highly dissapointed from the lack of any annoucnement of the new Zelda 3DS game I hoped they'd be working on. But if at all, that game will come before the highly-anticipated Majora's Mask remake.

Yeah, that was quite disappointing.

There wasn't any announcements regarding Zelda. :(

Also here's something I found recently, sadly it's just a rumour.

Zelda is easily for me the greatest video game franchise ever, almost every game is absolute quality, whether it came out in the 80s, or just came out half a year ago, nintendo never stops producing these video gaming gems

my favorite by far is majoras mask, but i love them all save for zelda 2, the ds games, and cdi, though ds games were good, just not great

• 1 month later...

As well all (hopefully) know, Zelda is the best video game franchise of all time.

I believe it is high time that I make a Favorite Zelda Game Thread.

Majora's Mask.

And you guys?

• Brohoof 3

Ocarina of time and Majoras mask are closeely tied to me... but Ocarina of time trumphs. Its just a classic to me and I will always see it as the greatest game of its day and possibly still today.

• Brohoof 1

As well all (hopefully) know, Zelda is the best video game franchise of all time.

I believe it is high time that I make a Favorite Zelda Game Thread.

Majora's Mask.

And you guys?

This a really hard decision... probably Ocarina of Time & Link to the Past without a doubt :) I still play OOT on my old n64 time and time again.

Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game of all time, this is not up for debate.

Link to the Past and Oracle of Ages/Seasons are tied for the second place slot, this is also not up for debate.

Everything else is in 3rd place. Fact.

I played most of them. I grew up legend of zelda!

Um... It's hard to pick a favorite, but I think that Twilight Princess wins out for me. When that game came out, I was SHOCKED that games could look that good, (all I had was my gamecube :P)

But, Wind Waker definitely was really good. I have Ocarina of Time, But I haven't played as much, so I cant give it an honest rating.

(PS the Minish Cap was awesome, I dont care what you think :P)

Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game of all time, this is not up for debate.

Link to the Past and Oracle of Ages/Seasons are tied for the second place slot, this is also not up for debate.

Everything else is in 3rd place. Fact.

I didn't think Ocarina of Time was that great.

I mean, it was good, but it just felt..Empty.

You know how many enemies are in Hyrule Field?

ONLY ONE.

• Brohoof 1

my fav would have to me a link to the past simply for creating the light world darks world concept, also i kinda find the 3D game to be somewhat overrated apart from Twilight Princess because that game had great control

I didn't think Ocarina of Time was that great.

I mean, it was good, but it just felt..Empty.

You know how many enemies are in Hyrule Field?

ONLY ONE.

Peahats, mini pea hats, white Poes, small and giant skeletons. Plus there are holes you have to look for to bomb and trees you have to hit to find all the gold skelutas

I don't mind the emptiness... I don't know why people care so much about that, I actually think some barren areas are good in games. I much prefer it over areas that feel clustered

Majora's Mask, is just amazing because even when the brightness of the game is still the same as in OoT , you feel in a darker scenario, also the music is just amazing, the song that plays at the final hours really makes you feel like if you were actually in Clock Town, and it also has one of my favourite characters in all the Zelda Universe, The Happy Mask Salesman ^_^

• Brohoof 1

This is an odd one, but I'd say the one I've enjoyed most is The Minish Cap. I spent ages of my time figuring out why I couldn't get through the first dungeon, until I realised I had spent all that time missing one room. It had an epic story and the classic gameplay. Sure, it's not going to challenge the higher quality graphics of the N64/Wii games, but it's art style was nonetheless beautiful and encapsulating. Plus, It came with my Limited edition Legend of Zelda GBA SP, so, I suppose it was the enjoyment of using it with the new system that made it awesome to play as well.

Don't get me wrong, I love the other Zelda games, but there is something about the simple, fun 2.5D gameplay that I just enjoyed more.

Ocarina of Time, closely followed by Majora's Mask. Both awesome games. I liked Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass alot, too.

Anyone ever played 4 Swords for Gameboy Advance? That game was awesome!

I have to add, that due to the fact that I despise motion gaming Skyward sword is my least favorite zelda game... also I have givin it a try, and I usually reserve any judgement untill I beat a game but I just hated it.. Zelda is heading down a dark road

Ocarina of time

Majoras mask

A link to the past

twilight princess

wind waker

first zelda

adventures of link

skyward sword

(I have never played any hand held versions of Zelda... but it isnt by choice I would certainly like to)

Very hard to decide, even though I haven't played that many. Oracle of Seasons have a special place in my heart, since it was the first Zelda game I played, Minish Cap was rather cute and I love Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. I guess Oracle of Seasons for the nostalgia, Minish Cap for the cute story and Twiligh Princess and Skyward sword for their nice designs and stories.

Eeeyup :mellow:

Ocarina of Time. that game is so good it had an awesome baby (Majora's Mask) and Zelda games have been borrowing from it ever since it came out. Especially Twilight Princess, which is basically the same game with better graphics and a few new mechanics.

Link and The Faces of Evil. If anyone denies this it's obvious their taste in games are the lowest of the low, this game is the pure definition of beauty, art and grace. Like a divine creation not meant for us mere mortals.

• Brohoof 1

Well My Favorite Legend of Zelda Games would be Oracle of Ages & Seasons, Link's Awakening, A Link to the Past, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, The Original (the very first Zelda Game if you guys know what i mean), Link's Adventure, and Minish Cap

It's most likely that Link's Awakening, Oracles, and Minish Cap are my top favorites. For Link's Adventure, I play that just for laughs.

• Brohoof 2

Top three?

Link To The Past

Ocarina of Time

Link's Awakening

No one ever gives any credit to the Game Boy Zelda's and it makes me sad.

Favorite Zelda game.... SUPER SMASH BROS.

JK I liked Twilight princess because every other game I beat but twilight princess has some tough puzzles like god of war.