Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Mane Six in Ponyville

Somebody

(edited)

Well, since we have the audition thing, I would also like to try out for Celestia.

Just because having the pair would appeal to me. :D

Sure! I think I might try out for Celestia, myself. I probably won't be very good at it, though! I'll add you to the list! :P

Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Applejack each have only one person trying out for them! Anyone who wants to try for them, please feel free to sign up! The audition is just going to be a short little bit of in-character posting in this thread. :D

Posted Image

Good evening, my darlings! Now I know how much you've all been dying to start this lovely little story, so I think it's time for us to start the auditions! :D

I know you may be wondering what to do in a role playing audition, but it's very simple, I assure you! All you have to do is carry on a conversation over a few posts in-character! So if you are trying to be Fluttershy (remember, she's very whispery!), simply start talking with everyone here as though you were Fluttershy! If you have more than one character you're trying for, just try to work all your chosen characters into the discussion at some point. They don't even have to be in the same post--you can do them separately at different times, if you like! Simple, isn't it? ^_^

Since we need a topic to discuss, let's discuss the world's most popular, stylish and glamorous event... The Olympics! Since it will be ever-present on our television screens for the next week or so, what do the Olympics mean to you? For me, those gymnasts are simply dazzling! And those swimmers are so magnificent... they're enough to make any girl swoon with delight! Don't you agree? :D

Edited by Questio

(As Fluttershy - My Audition. The colored text helps me get more into character.)

Oh... um... I'm dreadfully sorry to intrude... but I can't say I know much about the Olympics, Rarity. I've just been ever so busy tending to Angel and the rest of my animal friends... I don't have time to keep up... is it just ponies or are there animals? Oh, I would just love to see a cute little squirrel in it. But not if they get themselves hurt. I would... wouldn't like it...

But if there's swimmers, then surely there have to be fish? I love fish! With their little adorable little tails and their sweet little fins! That's... just what I think though.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

(My feeble attempt at Celestia for the win) :P

The Olympics? *giggles* You know I'm far too busy running Equestria to watch a sporting event. That is what it is, right? You'll forgive me for not being too well-versed in human culture. But you know, I think it's great for all those different ponies people to come together in friendship and sportsmanship. ...What? Excuse me for just a second...

Oh dear, it seems I have an appointment to be at a big to-do later today. It's being hosted by a pony called Timecard. He's ever so stuffy about everyone always being perfectly on time.... Hmm, I feel like teaching a lesson today... Guard? Fetch Trickster for me, would you?...

*After a few moments, a goofy-looking unicorn in a jester outfit shows up* (You called, your majesty?)

Trickster, I have a job for you. I need you to set all the clocks in Timecard's house an hour behind. He's been so uptight lately, I want to see what happens when he's late for once! :lol:

BIG MAC:

..............eyup.

SPIKE: Wow the olympics! is it now?!, Twilight has red so much about it and i um like to see the olympics fire be litten maybe i get the honor to light the torch ( I am a dragon after all). I also want to taste the medals they seem delicious... mmmmmmm .

Edited by Sanick20

(My audition attempt for Rainbow Dash :wub: )

The Olympics? Awww yeah! I can't wait to watch this event, I might compete in the Olympics myself! I hope my friends can come watch and cheer for when I compete, it'll be a big confidence boost for me. I hope AJ will compete in the Marathon race with me, so we can have another friendly race against each other and see whose faster than who without cheating this time ;)

Edited by RainbowDashLoyalty

(My Audition For Celestia & Luna):

Celestia giggled. Playing jokes was fun, and it was a very nice thing to do. However, her mind was focused on the Olympics. She was sure Rainbow Dash would be able to compete, and it would be fantastic.

"On second thought, Perhaps I could help doing judge? Running Equestia is a bit of a bother, you know, but i'll take some time out of my schedule to help my subjects." Celestia told them all, with a happy smile on her face. She could of course take time out of her schedule to help her subjects, why had she had been so silly as to dismiss the thought in the first place?

" Television was a grand idea, don't you think so, Luna? Perhaps you could help me judge, perhaps?" Celestia told her sister with a wink.

Princess Luna was thinking about it the entire time she was standing there- to compete or to judge? Judging with her sister was a once in a lifetime chance, but so was competing in the Olympics! She had always been a more dare devilish princess, but going this far? Was she kidding herself?

"Well...We are afraid we'll have to decline. We wish to compete in the Olympics, and they're wonderful glory!" Princess Luna said normally, in her 'usual' Royal Canterlot accent. She hoped her sister understood...

Princess Celestia had to admit she was a bit surprised with the answer, but she still kept her cool.

" I see. Well then, Cadence could help me judge. One more thing - good luck out there, little sister. I always knew you were meant for great things." Celestia told her sister with another friendly wink, and Luna winked back.

"HERE YE, ROYAL SUBJECTS! WE WILL BE COMPETING IN THE OLYMPICS FOR THE GLORY, AND OUR GOOD-BEING! PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE TRUE PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT!" Princess Luna said in her Royal Canterlot Voice. She always liked to do that for the dramatic effect.

Edited by Resolution
  • Brohoof 1

(TRYING OUT! The reddish color (fire brick) is Scootaloo, though I'm the only one being her, and yellow is Fluttershy.)

"Wow... it's so amazing... but.... I don't know much about the Olympics.... animals are too distracting."

"Cool! Hmm, I wonder if someday I might be in the Olympics when I grow up!"

It's true, I'm more... Fluttershy-ish... I hope I get either one of these, it'll be so fun!

Wait... if im the only one playing AJ do i have to audition too? i feel it would be kind of silly to audition when im the only one willing to.

Celestia gave Magneus a smile, but it was a look that would resemble a teacher correcting a student. It was similar to the way a mentor would give her student a caring smile. "We might get another Applejack at the last second!," she insisted. "And we need to know how suitable you are for the character before we start. We'd love to see your audition, don't be shy!" :)

(OOC: The above role playing style of complete sentences and quotation marks is preferable here, as it will make the entire thread more readable and consistent.)

(Okay)

"Olympics? aw i'm sorry sugar cube, i don' have time to watch that with ya, i'm too busy here at the farm. But tell ya what; if i ever get a break from this, i would love to come watch it with ya, and if Rainbow keeps pesterin me about competing, then i might as well do that too" I hope this is good enough, if you need more depth or more than just speech, i can do that too.

Pinkie:

"The Olympics?! Really?! YAY! I'd love to watch it! I love the olympics- I mean, who doesn't!? It's so much fun! Imagine participating IN the olympics! That would be sooooo fun!" Pinkie Pie jumped up and down. "I would eat lots and lots of candy to keep me energized! Candy gives you lots and lots of energy! Mmm.. speaking of it, I want candy!" Pinkie Pie licked her lips and laughed.

Alright! Here's mine.. If you need more ask. I hope I didn't fail too bad XD

I have a question regarding the RP and I'm greatly interested in participating in it. My first, and probably most important question is can we Audition for more than one character? I understand that we can only play one character but could we post multiple auditions in case we don't get the primary pony we are going for. The reason I ask is that if we can at least apply for more than one character, then there are 3 that I would like to write auditions for. Cadence, Rarity, and Twilight. I'm perfectly content playing only one though. In fact, I'd only want to play one character.

Edited by Ice Storm

I have a question regarding the RP and I'm greatly interested in participating in it. My first, and probably most important question is can we Audition for more than one character? I understand that we can only play one character but could we post multiple auditions in case we don't get the primary pony we are going for. The reason I ask is that if we can at least apply for more than one character, then there are 3 that I would like to write auditions for. Cadence, Rarity, and Twilight. I'm perfectly content playing only one though. In fact, I'd only want to play one character.

You can audition for multiple characters, yeah. There's someone auditioning for Celestia and Luna, I believe.

Anyways, Questio, I too have a question. Is only one post indicative of the audition? I have a suggestion: Maybe each of us should only post three times in-character about the discussion of Olympics which would probably get a good feel for things. Then you could evaluate our performances, or we could all evaluate them and vote on which one is best (either way) and finally get this thing started.

You can audition for multiple characters, yeah. There's someone auditioning for Celestia and Luna, I believe.

Anyways, Questio, I too have a question. Is only one post indicative of the audition? I have a suggestion: Maybe each of us should only post three times in-character about the discussion of Olympics which would probably get a good feel for things. Then you could evaluate our performances, or we could all evaluate them and vote on which one is best (either way) and finally get this thing started.

Sounds good to me. Let's all just post at least three times in-character, for each character you're auditioning for. If you're doing two characters, you could combine them both into one post if you like, or do six posts (three for each). :)

I'll post my next in-character post in a few hours. :P

There's someone auditioning for Celestia and Luna, I believe.

"That was us, if you recall my fellow subject. A user of MLPForums is doing it, I believe...her name is Resolution? Is that right, sister?" Celestia piped a bit uncertanily, and looked over to her sister for comfort. Luna facehoofed, because she knew Pinkie was always breaking the fourth wall and yelling about users on this 'MLPForums'.

"We do not know what you are talking about, sister. Hark, We do not breakath the fourth wall." Princess Luna said, a bit annoyed about the fact she was covering up for Pinkie's Witchcraft.

" Really. I don't think so, sister. You've been on the moon for a thousand years, and you aren't caught up in the certain...what was the word? 'Logo', as Rainbow Dash used?" Celestia chuckled, while her sister was blushing from embarrassment.

" We...fine, We broke the Fourth Wall now and then, but we don't do it anymore! " Luna protested, but Celestia winked.

" By acknowledging the fourth wall is there, you have broken the fourth wall, sister. " Celestia said with a chuckle, and Luna had to laugh too at her sisters logic.

• Brohoof 2

Is there a deadline for when the Auditions are supposed to be up? Also could the audition topic be something Equestrian in nature? Ponies in Equestria knowing what's going on in the Olympics of another dimension doesn't quite add up. (Not to mention not all of us follows the Olympics and knows exactly what is going on... :unsure: )

Edited by Ice Storm
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Is there a deadline for when the Auditions are supposed to be up? Also could the audition topic be something Equestrian in nature? Ponies in Equestria knowing what's going on in the Olympics of another dimension doesn't quite add up. (Not to mention not all of us follows the Olympics and knows exactly what is going on... :unsure: )

"Oh, thank you so much..." Rarity said, relieved. "You know I just had to come up with something in haste and the Olympics were all I could think of... But now what will we talk about?" she pouted for a moment. "Well... Hmm... Oh, who needs fancy topics, anyway. What are discussions for, but to have fun? Let's just talk about whatever we please!" Rarity grinned in satisfaction. :D

"I was going to say something," Celestia chimed in, "but I figured it would sort itself out sooner or later. As for the deadline, there's really no need for a schedule. My sister and I will let everyone know when the auditions are coming to a close..." After pondering for a moment, she continued. "I know I'm breaking the fourth wall again, but Rarity, were you really the one who originally wanted to talk about the Olympics?"

"Well it wasn't really me," Rarity whined, "it was that Questio gentleman who keeps claiming to be my clone! It's just so horrid..."

"That's what happens when you're popular." Celestia winked, then whispered in Rarity's ear, "I get people doing that with me all the time. Just ignore it!" :P

"Hmph!" Rarity raised her chin, only to have the Princess giggle at the fashionista's incorrigible stuffiness.

Edited by Questio

"Well then, let me just take a look at my checklist and see how it compares to my schedule. If everything goes well, I should be able to easily come on with something tomorrow," Twilight replied happily. With as hectic as her schedule was all the time between looking up new magics and scientific experiments, it was hard to imagine that she could find time for much of anything else. Unless somepony needed something that couldn't wait, then she would do what she could to help as quickly as she could to not upset her very delicate schedule.

"Well well Twilight, it looks like you were actually able to post something tonight after all. I mean what you just did there surely classifies as an audition. If not then I haven't really paid close enough attention to the pageants I've ran," Rarity smiled. "And being inattentive to fashion is something you know more than anypony is something I just don't do."

"Well I suppose that's true. I mean this post is kind of an in character post isn't it?" Twlight responded with a smile.

"Kind of? Darling you haven't said anything so far that could possibly make it otherwise. Why there hasn't been a single comment that has been made that has been out of character throughout the entire post!"

"Yeah, I haven't have..." Twilight was interrupted by a knocking at the door. Wondering who else it could be, knowing that Rainbow Dash never knocked, and Rarity was already here, it had to be Fluttershy, Apple Jack, or Pinkie. When she opened the door though she came face to face with Princess Cadence. "Princess Cadence!"

Princess Cadence laughed, "Just Cadence, please Twilight. You should know be better than that," she said jokingly.

"Well this is definitely a surprise Princess, to what do we owe the honor?" Rarity asked.

"Haha, I just came by to say hello, and the same for you Rarity, just call me Cadence. All the fancy royalness isn't really necessary amongst friends. I was just coming by because I found out from Aunt Celestia where you were hiding at and I wanted to pay a visit. Shining Armor is busy with some guard training thing and will be gone for the weekend so I decided to come here. We didn't really get to spend a whole lot of time together during the wedding for well... obvious reasons..." Cadence added still a bit sore from letting Chrysalis get the best of her.

"Oh, surely you don't thing that is your fault Princess, erm Cadence rather. That changeling queen simply fooled everyone. Such a sticky situation in general and her disgusting use of her magic was just down right absurd!" Rarity commented.

"Well, I know it's not my fault... but something like that isn't one of those things that you just forget. At the very least now I'll be able to identify anypony that wants to try that again. Which is also why I'm here as well," she said turning back to Twilight and grabbing her in a tight hug in which was returned. "I never really got a chance to thank you either because we had so much to do in order to get back on schedule for the wedding that there just wasn’t any real time for socializing a whole lot. Then of course by the time we got back from our Honeymoon, you were already back here."

“I have to say, I’m definitely happy that you decided to come and visit and you said you’re staying for the WEEKEND!!! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! This is going to be the best weekend EVER!” Twilight yelled with joy

(I’ll stop there and save room to post with later)

“Aww… but we were just starting to have fun!!” Rarity complained.

“Aww… but we were just starting to have fun!!” Rarity complained.

OOC: I take it you're now auditioning for Rarity and Cadence? I'll add you to the list. ;)

Everyone, please let me know if you want to try out for others you haven't mentioned yet. :P

Well it was supposed to be for twilight as well. It was supposed to be for Twilight, Rarity, and Cadence as they are the three that I can best do.

Well it was supposed to be for twilight as well. It was supposed to be for Twilight, Rarity, and Cadence as they are the three that I can best do.

Okay, I added you to the list for all three. :)

Okay, Thanks. I'll have another audition post up tomorrow at some point. Hopefully in the morning but we'll see how hectic my day gets. The real world has a habit of throwing surprises my direction.

(edited)

(WARNING: This person is too lazy to read every post, and therefore, must ask obvious questions.)

Is uh... *Ahem* which ponies are still up for audition?

Everyone. ;)

If you would like suggestions, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie each only have one person signed up for them. You're more than welcome to try for any of them, or any of the background characters (even ones not listed)! See the first post for the list of people signed up for each character. Or you could try for one of the more popular ones like Twilight Sparkle. Anyone you want, really.

Okay, Thanks. I'll have another audition post up tomorrow at some point. Hopefully in the morning but we'll see how hectic my day gets. The real world has a habit of throwing surprises my direction.

No problem! I'm not always on time for RPs, either. I was going to post my audition yesterday, but I was so exhausted I fell asleep.... :blush:

Edited by Questio