Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is This Where the Term "Best Pony" Originated?

Homura Akemi

(edited)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgWKUTyEy18

Forgive me if this has already been cleared up. I listened to a Pinkie Pie song from episode 3 last week and took note of the lyrics.

"She's the cutest, smartest all around best pony."

Is this true? Edited by Tam

Nah. It's just silly fanatics, or "fans". They made it up. But, what do I know? You're probably right. Something has got to come from somewhere. Or, it's just a coincidence.

• Brohoof 1

Yes it is

(post limit, post limit)

I didn't even know this myself! Now I know.

YEEAAAHH!

That Pinkie Pie said it first makes it even better.

• Brohoof 3

Pinkie Pie was completely off when she sang that for we all know Rarity is best pony, not Twilight. It's only because Twilight had GGG tickets that Pinkie Pie had to speak such a foul lie.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Pinkie Pie was completely off when she sang that for we all know Rarity is best pony, not Twilight. It's only because Twilight had GGG tickets that Pinkie Pie had to speak such a foul lie.

She probably thinks she is best pony! Technically, there is none, but my personal favorite is Twilight, and will be for as long as I'm concerned. B)

Rarity has some plausible qualities, such as, in my opinion, had the best Gala dress, though she is not my favorite because I can't relate to her. According to the Bronyland test, I was most like Rainbow Dash (almost Pinkie Pie), which I guess explains it. Then again, I'm not a brag machine like Rainbow Dash. I'm sort of hesitant.

Garg! I'm getting off-topic! :blink:

Edited by Tam

(edited)

Best pony isn't really a show-originated thing. It's along the same lines of [insert name here] as the best video game console or popular book series. Besides, we all know [insert pony here] is best pony.

Edited by Guest
Edited out quote to deleted post.

It sounds like one of the first bronyspeak terms originating from our ancestors at 4chan. Seems like your normal everyday case of inteitnal lack of grammar that could've been spread across the boards from one notable post. I'm guessing “X is the best pony/character/etc.” could've been manipulated to something more memorable, and thus, “best pony” was born. And to this day, it's one of the most common terms/phrases us bronies use all over the interwebs.

This is all just speculation based on my knowledge of 4chan, by the way.

Theres a possibility, but I think it was just the fans desire to say what their favorite character to was...in a kinda internety fashion. :P

Or, you know, alternatively, it's related to how people say x thing is better than y and z, x is best thing.

Fixed.

Best pony isn't really a show-originated thing. It's along the same lines of [insert name here] as the best video game console or popular book series. Besides, we all know [insert pony here] is best pony.

^