What instrument(s) do you play?

Flicker Sweet

I play guitar.  I wouldn't call myself a professional, but I'm definitely not an amateur.  I learned how to play through Rocksmith.  I used to play clarinet in my school band too 

I'm a baritone in player in symphonic band, a sousaphone/tuba player in marching band, and a bass and piano player in a jazz quintet. I've also picked up guitar, harmonica, trombone, trumpet, mellophone, banjo, ukulele, mandolin, and melodica over the last few years.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who's played the Banjo! XD

• Brohoof 1

Every instrument I've ever attempted I got good at and then dropped out right before mastering it  :( .

I've done the recorder, the trumpet and the piano. I'm going to try and learn the Ocarina next and this time I'm determined to ace it!

I play the bagpipes

OMG I LOVE YOU Which ones? I don't know too much about bagpipes used in the West.

I don't really like it when vocalists or just singers are labeled as "musicians" because they're not.

That is just blasphemy. Vocal music is the most advanced kind of music known to man and the human voice is the most perfect of all instruments. That's the reason why the Orthodox Church for example, uses only the voice throughout the liturgy, and it's also why ritual songs in the Balkans were only sung and there were no instruments in any of the rituals.

I myself play the frula, an Eastern Balkan recorder-like instrument.

Edited by Ethnomusicologist

OMG I LOVE YOU Which ones? I don't know too much about bagpipes used in the West.

That is just blasphemy. Vocal music is the most advanced kind of music known to man and the human voice is the most perfect of all instruments. That's the reason why the Orthodox Church for example, uses only the voice throughout the liturgy, and it's also why ritual songs in the Balkans were only sung and there were no instruments in any of the rituals.

I myself play the frula, an Eastern Balkan recorder-like instrument.

Well, it's somewhat subjective, all of my instructors have referred to singing and vocals as a separate discipline of music

Well, it's somewhat subjective, all of my instructors have referred to singing and vocals as a separate discipline of music

They're not wrong. Not everyone can learn to sing while everyone can take an instrument and try to learn it. It still doesn't make it any less musical.