57 users have voted

1. 1. Who is the best baby-sitter

• Twilight
    • Apple Jack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie

Rarity and Applejack would be the best choices in my opinion, because they are maternal with their little sisters, we can see Rarity caring side, when she had to watch Sweetie Belle and her friends in "Stare master", even though that was an episode for Fluttershy. You could see that Rarity had to set boundaries to Swettie Belle by cancelling her sleep over with her friends because she was really busy.

The same with Applejack and Applebloom, actually Applejack is the most maternal of the mane6 and the voice of reason (also, somewhat the most mature one alongside Rarity, even if she stoop to Rainbow Dash level). Fluttershy is a maybe, because she has expirience with little animals, but not with children, we can see that in "Stare master", perhaps if Fluttershy uses her stare with the babies, she can control them and babysit them properly. So I'm unsure of her.

We saw Pinkie Pie with the babies, so I'm going to omit her, Twilight would definitely look in a book how to babysit babies, so NO! and Rainbow Dash, yeah, A HUGE NO!

Rarity and Applejack would be the best choices in my opinion, because they are maternal with their little sisters, we can see Rarity caring side, when she had to watch Sweetie Belle and her friends in "Stare master", even though that was an episode for Fluttershy. You could see that Rarity had to set boundaries to Swettie Belle by cancelling her sleep over with her friends because she was really busy.

The same with Applejack and Applebloom, actually Applejack is the most maternal of the mane6 and the voice of reason (also, somewhat the most mature one alongside Rarity, even if she stoop to Rainbow Dash level). Fluttershy is a maybe, because she has expirience with little animals, but not with children, we can see that in "Stare master", perhaps if Fluttershy uses her stare with the babies, she can control them and babysit them properly. So I'm unsure of her.

We saw Pinkie Pie with the babies, so I'm going to omit her, Twilight would definitely look in a book how to babysit babies, so NO! and Rainbow Dash, yeah, A HUGE NO!

I don't see why people keep saying, Twilight would just look at the books to find out what to do. Yes, she does the check list thing and looks to books to help. To me she would not use the book that much because Pound and Pumpkin are living things and she would know what a living thing would want and how to deal with babies.

Rarity may be maternal, but do you see her ever changing a diaper?

As for Fluttershy I think her stare would be a bad idea to use on babies. We have only seen it used on animals and not other ponies. For all we know it could have an opposite affect. Pound would probably start flying even faster around the house and start smashing things and Pumpkin Cake's magic would be a real out burst. Everything would be flying every where.

I don't see why people keep saying, Twilight would just look at the books to find out what to do. Yes, she does the check list thing and looks to books to help. To me she would not use the book that much because Pound and Pumpkin are living things and she would know what a living thing would want and how to deal with babies.

Rarity may be maternal, but do you see her ever changing a diaper?

As for Fluttershy I think her stare would be a bad idea to use on babies. We have only seen it used on animals and not other ponies. For all we know it could have an opposite affect. Pound would probably start flying even faster around the house and start smashing things and Pumpkin Cake's magic would be a real out burst. Everything would be flying every where.

I've seen Twilight looking for books on the silliest of the things, so I'm not surprised if she picked a book for babysitting, that's my opinion.

haha, that's a good one with Rarity...however, she can use her magic to change the diapers, without getting near. hmm no, I think her starte would work, I even think the stare would be too powerful to use with the babies. When Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Applebloom saw Fluttershy's stare, they instantly started to obey her, and they even looked at her in the eyes, they saw the chicken reaction.

Applejack, because she's responsible and and strict, and yet could have fun. She takes good care of Apple Bloom and have fun chore-games with her, and anypony who could take care of a Cutie Mark Crusader - well, if AJ can, then she's the obvious choice!

I've seen Twilight looking for books on the silliest of the things, so I'm not surprised if she picked a book for babysitting, that's my opinion.

haha, that's a good one with Rarity...however, she can use her magic to change the diapers, without getting near. hmm no, I think her starte would work, I even think the stare would be too powerful to use with the babies. When Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Applebloom saw Fluttershy's stare, they instantly started to obey her, and they even looked at her in the eyes, they saw the chicken reaction.

Well if a hole month has passed, you think she would have read a book about that by now. I just feel she could handle it.

Rarity could use magic, but she is not as strong as Twilight is. She would have to also use it to catch them, get rid of the old diaper, put the powder on them, and get the new one on. Also they well be moving around a lot so concentration would be hard.

I think the CMC started lessening to Fluttershy because she saved them from getting turned to stone, not from the stare. Also I don't think Fluttershy would use that on a baby.

I would definetely choose Apple Jack. First of all, i agree with Flame Blitz that she has more experience with children in general and secondly, she is so kind and caring with everyone. :)

• Brohoof 1

Ok whats up with the hate in Twilight and Rainbiw Dash??? Are you guys nuts?

First of all Twilight's natural composure to be organized would lead her to be a good baby sitter she also smart so she would know what the problem is with the babies and solve it.

As for Rainbow Dash we dont know her ability to take care of things so thats questionable.....perhaps we need an episode of her attempting to be gentle with certin things.

• Brohoof 1

Alright, I'm going to go ahead and play devil's advocate for Miss Dashie here.

Now Rainbow Dash is lazy, to be sure, and she tends towards irresponsibility. She's easily triggered, and that might be bad for kids. But really? She does have a temper, yes, but she's also easygoing, and it is a foal she'd be dealing with. I'm sure she'd be smart enough to know how to keep her temper in check when dealing with a little kid who probably doesn't know much better. I think the key to Dashie here is that she's a chill mare, and she's not easily fazed (compared to Twilight or Fluttershy, say). She'd probably be flexible enough to put up with whatever a young kid could throw at her.

Would she be the best? Hardly, she and the foal would probably be at odds. I almost envision Rainbow taking on a sort of 'exasperated parental figure' style of relationship with the foal under her command. It'd be half-grudging a lot of the time, but she'd get the job done and the kid would probably look up to her because let's face it, Rainbow Dash is cool and easygoing.

Twilight would frazzle. We already saw that Fluttershy is not exactly up to the task even though it worked out and would probably continue to work out with the cutie mark crusaders but isn't horrid. Ditto Pinkie Pie. Rarity is somewhat better at it. Applejack would also be a very good babysitter. The best however would be the one who wouldnt admit it and wouldnt want it -- that is rainbow dash. Not only could rainbow keep the kids entertained, but if anything went wrong she could be there to fix it in under 10 seconds flat. Plus she has that loyalty thing going.

Well if a hole month has passed, you think she would have read a book about that by now. I just feel she could handle it.

Rarity could use magic, but she is not as strong as Twilight is. She would have to also use it to catch them, get rid of the old diaper, put the powder on them, and get the new one on. Also they well be moving around a lot so concentration would be hard.

I think the CMC started lessening to Fluttershy because she saved them from getting turned to stone, not from the stare. Also I don't think Fluttershy would use that on a baby.

I'm sorry for my horrible grammar earlier, I said that the CMC started to obey Fluttershy after she used the stare with the chicken, but they didn't even look at her eyes to know that, and yes, like you said, it's also because she saved them, but they also thought that Fluttershy's stare was really cool, and if you re-watch the episode, Fluttershy jokingly said that she would use the stare on them, you can clearly see that they got a bit scared, specially Swettie Belle who closed her eyes really hard and Applebloom that got a shocking look in her face.

I'm sure the stare works with all animals, on Dragonshy, when Fluttershy confronted the dragon, she "stared" (not sure if that is the stare stare) hard at the dragon whilst talking to him, he got super intimidated and listened to her.

I'm not sure if it works with ponies, but when Fluttershy is pissed, everpony gets really scared, we saw that multiple times in Putting your hoof down.

so I dare to say, it would work with small children, specially babies that are like animals.

both Rarity and Twilight are both very caring ponies, we can see how Twilight take care of Spike, but I insist she would look for suggestions in a book, she would be super organized to the point of forcing a schedule for the babies, even if it's not convenient for them. We also know that Twilight is more emotionally unstable, proof of that, Lesson Zero. I'm not saying that Rarity is the best babysitter, but she's more tough and motherly, to me, nothing beats being maternal, and Rarity and Applejack are the most maternal ponies I've seen of the mane6, Fluttershy could be the most maternal, but her abilities are applied to animals, not ponies.

Twilight would frazzle. We already saw that Fluttershy is not exactly up to the task even though it worked out and would probably continue to work out with the cutie mark crusaders but isn't horrid. Ditto Pinkie Pie. Rarity is somewhat better at it. Applejack would also be a very good babysitter. The best however would be the one who wouldnt admit it and wouldnt want it -- that is rainbow dash. Not only could rainbow keep the kids entertained, but if anything went wrong she could be there to fix it in under 10 seconds flat. Plus she has that loyalty thing going.

Rainbow Dash maybe able to have fun with the twins and she could keep them entertain, but could she keep them safe? Rainbow Dash's big problem is she is to rash and does not think things threw tell it's to late. RD also would only do stuff that she thinks is fun and not what is safe for babies. So she is still the worse choice.

Rainbow Dash would never do anything to endanger a baby. As for keeping them safe, I think she would be the very best at that aspect of the question.

She wouldnt want to handle the babysitting but once she got roped into it, the kids would have the best babysitter of their lives.

I voted for Fluttershy, she seems to be perfect for a baby sitter as she takes cares of many different kind of animals.

It didn't go too well where she had to take care of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, but it worked out perfect in the end.

Apple Jack - Eh, she seems pretty busy picking up apples from the trees.

Rainbow Dash - Too cool to handle baby-sitting.

Pinkie Pie - Another pony that's pretty good with baby-sitting, didn't go too well but worked great at the end.

Twilight Sparkle - Mature and responsible, I think she can handle the baby-sitting as-well.

Rarity - Too busy with clothing, wouldn't care/give a single f*ck.

Edited by Orbital 7
  • Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

I'd have to go with Pinkie Pie. Despite her struggle in taking care of the Baby Cakes, she managed to pull it all off in the end. I think she would a be great babysitter, and a very entertaining one as well. What pony would be best at making children laugh or smile? Pinkie Pie of course! That's her talent. ;)

The best would totally be Applejack, for obvious reasons.

And I guess she already kind of raised Applebloom, so she have experience with this.

And I don't think Twilight could do this. Do you remember when she feared going back to the Magic Kindergarden, in Lesson Zero? She just couldn't be able to endure the cries, and all this mess.

Applejack has some sort of experience with taking care of someone. Plus, she would focus only on keeping the baby happy and working hard while doing it. She is a perfect candidate for a baby sitter.

Applejack had to act as both a sister and mother figure to Applebloom while running the family business which couldn't have been easy. She has a fairly close relationship with her sister and seems to know when to have fun and when to be strict and put her hoof down. Twilight would also be a good choice because she helped raise Spike and also has a caring, nurturing side. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie seemed to have a bit of trouble at first but have improved. Rarity can sometimes be a bit self centered but has clearly shown she cares a great deal about her sister Sweetie Belle and probably could be a good foal sitter in a pinch. Rainbow Dash is a bit too impulsive, impatient and though she is improving is reluctant to express her emotions. With her recent sisterly relationship with Scootaloo this could very well change though.

• Brohoof 1

And I don't think Twilight could do this. Do you remember when she feared going back to the Magic Kindergarden, in Lesson Zero? She just couldn't be able to endure the cries, and all this mess.

I think that fear had to do more with the fact that, Celestia was going to demote her back to the beginning. I don't think Twilight has any fears or would get to upset with babies.

If anything she is the number 1 or number 2 pick.

• Brohoof 1

I think Twilight would make the best babysitter (in my opinion, of course!)

Since Twilight has most likely read every book Equestria has to offer, I'm sure she's read a few on Babies.

Also, now that I recall the baby cakes episode, Twilight and Rarity were advising Mr. Cake to be careful around baby Unicorns, due to the random magic surges. I think Twilight would know what to expect from such and would know how to handle it.

• Brohoof 1