145 users have voted

1. 1. Is Life Beautiful?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • It can be.
    • I don't know.
    • its alright.

(edited)

I was listening t this song, when the vital question came across my mind. Is life beautiful, or is it just a shitty shit fest? Could it be beautiful, but some people have simply lost the way to friendship and love? Is life beautiful by nature, but we have simply corrupted nature, or is life supposed to be crap wall to wall, because nature has dictated so? its all the difference between the laws of nature, and the laws we, as humans have made. what do you believe? you have to believe in something...

the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Ue-COQyz4

(I wish it on itunes. One can only dream. and dream and dream and dream... with no end.)

Edited by Fanayvea

(edited)

Life is nothing but a road people partake on through life. They may have shitty roads that lead them into gutter infested rats. They may be roads littered with poppies and wildgrass. They may be roads filled with strange unique things to witness along the way. Roads can change and wind down different paths.

It's our decision on what roads we take and how we go down that road. Do we smile and go forth through that grime for a better street, or do we sulk and slowly trudge through making the travel even drearier as it goes.

Ultimately, just do your best while you travel down your road. No, your dreams may not ever come true and it's sure to be filled with shit along the way, but to glimpse the unique stops along the way and experience the traveling road as you see fit; that's living there.

Edited by Hazardus_Havard
  • Brohoof 2

I think we have corrupted the world and the human design. We are probably one of the worst generations yet (not talking about everyone). Were spoiled and we basically don't want anything to do with anything. These people in our generation and the generation before have changed what it means to be alive. I think the people who view life as a shit-fest are the ones that don't enjoy life fully. Their the ones that actually pay attention to the downward spiral everything's going down. This makes them feel depressed and usually makes them think life is an all out shit-fest. I basically have given up listening to the news, because I don't want to be told bad news by a media that is built by society thus becoming evil. The only show I watch on TV is MLP:FIM, because it's the only show that doesn't leave me feeling depressed.

So in conclusion I think a few bad apples have poisoned society so much that they turned it into the cynical and tyrannical thing it is today. They forgot what life is. Your supposed to enjoy life and have fun. They turn it into a thing that celebrates the worst in people and makes people feel bad about themselves. So what I'm saying is life can be beautiful if we make it that way.

I hope this makes sense.

Life is what you make of it because its your life, what you do can change how your life becomes, sometimes it can be become bad or good without warning. Just take the steps needed to ensure some happiness for yourself.

I'll let Carl Sagan take this one.

This should answer your question handily, as well as many others.

If you can find no beauty in our circumstance, then it seems to me unlikely you can appreciate anything at all.

• Brohoof 2

Life is nothing but a road people partake on through life. They may have shitty roads that lead them into gutter infested rats. They may be roads littered with poppies and wildgrass. They may be roads filled with strange unique things to witness along the way. Roads can change and wind down different paths.

It's our decision on what roads we take and how we go down that road. Do we smile and go forth through that grime for a better street, or do we sulk and slowly trudge through making the travel even drearier as it goes.

Ultimately, just do your best while you travel down your road. No, your dreams may not ever come true and it's sure to be filled with shit along the way, but to glimpse the unique stops along the way and experience the traveling road as you see fit; that's living there.

that sounds like a bnch of eastern philosphy. if life is all shit then why live? why take part in such a shitty thing?

What kind of question is that? Why would someone say that life is not beautiful?

Posted Image

Just say that life is a stick. A humble stick that everyone given one when they were born.

Some got a good one, some were given a diamond-encrusted stick, while some got a slightly charred one.

The stick itself is damn useless, but we can use it for various function. As we grow, the stick changes accordingly to us.

Some have their stick grow bigger and stronger, able to support a whole chariot with their families sit comfortably inside it.

Some have their stick bend, became elastic, then it could be used as a funny toy.

While some had their stick cut short by their own misdeed.

Who are you to say your stick is useless?

Who are they to say their stick is useless?

Everything is up to us. Hah, might as well grab some liquid tar and start to make something with our stick!

Don't mind my weird chatter, I'm high on weed

• Brohoof 5

I think we have corrupted the world and the human design. We are probably one of the worst generations yet (not talking about everyone). Were spoiled and we basically don't want anything to do with anything. These people in our generation and the generation before have changed what it means to be alive. I think the people who view life as a shit-fest are the ones that don't enjoy life fully. Their the ones that actually pay attention to the downward spiral everything's going down. This makes them feel depressed and usually makes them think life is an all out shit-fest. I basically have given up listening to the news, because I don't want to be told bad news by a media that is built by society thus becoming evil. The only show I watch on TV is MLP:FIM, because it's the only show that doesn't leave me feeling depressed.

So in conclusion I think a few bad apples have poisoned society so much that they turned it into the cynical and tyrannical thing it is today. They forgot what life is. Your supposed to enjoy life and have fun. They turn it into a thing that celebrates the worst in people and makes people feel bad about themselves. So what I'm saying is life can be beautiful if we make it that way.

I hope this makes sense.

Im afraid it docent. Are you talking about pessimsim? I hear everyone talk about how this generation. (which is very vague. what do you mean this geneartion?) is the worst generation. (really? the worst gn ever? are you sure thats not an exxagerration?) but, what makes us the 'worst generation?' I just dont get any of it.

that sounds like a bnch of eastern philosphy. if life is all shit then why live? why take part in such a shitty thing?

Truthfully, I don't really know much about philosophy. I guess I should study that soon to be more knowledgeable on it.

My point was, trudging through the shit doesn't have to be a chore. We go through days going to work, schooling or dealing with the same inane bullshit; day in and day out it's always there in one form or another. So why not go about that differently? The shit won't always be there and soon enough we can even go about to cleaner roads.

Im afraid it docent. Are you talking about pessimsim? I hear everyone talk about how this generation. (which is very vague. what do you mean this geneartion?) is the worst generation. (really? the worst gn ever? are you sure thats not an exxagerration?) but, what makes us the 'worst generation?' I just dont get any of it.

Well to make it shorter, all I was saying is that Life is what you make it. Sorry it didn't make sense.

(edited)
Yes, there are moments in life that is beautiful. Sometimes, it is the exact opposite. Life is about experiencing. Experiencing the beautiful, and experiencing the bad and terrible. It is about learning from those experiences. To be able to push on even at the hardest times. Life is about learning, love, and experience. That is what makes life so beautiful. Edited by Elric

Well to make it shorter, all I was saying is that Life is what you make it. Sorry it didn't make sense.

litle things that are over-generalized make sense to me. I often wonder about life; what it is and why I was created. maybe if I can understand the world, I will find the answeres. maybe... But the problem is too many people over-generalize things. If only one person was clear, if only one person made sense, maybe i wouldnt feel so alone in the world, and so scared of everything around me. It scares me when people dont make sense. It makes me think that everyone knows somethiing about life that I dont. Like everyone knows about the nature of life and how it relates to the world, and i dont. Its like I was sick the day the teachers explained life, and i missed the lesson. I often look out the window and wonder where am I going. An sometimes I start to cry.

Plenty of people simply opt out. Their loss, really. Just as our lives are finite and comparatively small, so to are most of the proboems we encounter. Even the ones that seem most dire right now.

litle things that are over-generalized make sense to me. I often wonder about life; what it is and why I was created. maybe if I can understand the world, I will find the answeres. maybe... But the problem is too many people over-generalize things. If only one person was clear, if only one person made sense, maybe i wouldnt feel so alone in the world, and so scared of everything around me. It scares me when people dont make sense. It makes me think that everyone knows somethiing about life that I dont. Like everyone knows about the nature of life and how it relates to the world, and i dont. Its like I was sick the day the teachers explained life, and i missed the lesson. I often look out the window and wonder where am I going. An sometimes I start to cry.

That was beautiful, I'm sorry you feel that way. Your not alone in this world. There are millions of others that probably feel the same way you do. Including me. No one knows the meaning of life and it probably never be figured out. Life is one of those things that get people thinking. All people seem to do is try to find meaning in life, but the truth is no one knows.

(edited)

It's all how you chose to live your life. This quote from Albert Einstien should answer your question There are only two ways to live your life.

One is as though nothing is a miracle.

The other is as though everything is a miracle.

- Albert Einstein

Edited by OdinForced
  • Brohoof 2

If we really are 'the worst generation ever' (whatever that means.) I coudlnt bear to have people hate me because I was born in a certain time period. Thats another genralization. That all men and women born in a certain time are inherintley bad people. D o you know What I would have to do if i was part of this? I would have to kill myself. I would be too confused as to why I was bad,and making everyone elses life a living hell. I would have to find a way to leave life forever. Because life wouldn't be worth living. I wouldnt want to live if my life was worthless because of things I couldnt control. Like what year I was born in.

Life can be beautiful, If you know what lens to look through. We all know life isn't sugar coated but that's no reason to distance yourself of the wonders that exist within it's confine. Pain is only temporary after all...

I believe life is something too conditional to put a label on. Nothing in life is set, and that includes life itself. No living thing is a fact, only an outcome, as are the concepts that those living things attach themselves to. We have our own opinions, ideas and beliefs, but the way we form them varies, and it's never entirely our own doing. Everything that makes us who we are could have made us something else; personality, perspective, anything that makes life different for everyone. If everything that our existences consist of could have been completely different under the slightest change in circumstance, then everything we are is a genetic, environmental and spiritual luck of the draw. What we like, what we hate, what we fear, what we believe could all be different, and the only thing that really decides all of them are chance.
  • Brohoof 1

What kind of question is that? Why would someone say that life is not beautiful?

Posted Image

Just say that life is a stick. A humble stick that everyone given one when they were born.

Some got a good one, some were given a diamond-encrusted stick, while some got a slightly charred one.

The stick itself is damn useless, but we can use it for various function. As we grow, the stick changes accordingly to us.

Some have their stick grow bigger and stronger, able to support a whole chariot with their families sit comfortably inside it.

Some have their stick bend, became elastic, then it could be used as a funny toy.

While some had their stick cut short by their own misdeed.

Who are you to say your stick is useless?

Who are they to say their stick is useless?

Everything is up to us. Hah, might as well grab some liquid tar and start to make something with our stick!

Don't mind my weird chatter, I'm high on weed

What is up with that freaky picture? is this a joke? How is life a stick? and how is cutting your own short a misdeed? The only one yur harming is yourself. its like cutting yourslef, but at an extreme level.

Life can be beautiful, If you know what lens to look through. We all know life isn't sugar coated but that's no reason to distance yourself of the wonders that exist within it's confine. Pain is only temporary after all...

pain isnt temporary. It can be all around you, and It can last for the rest of your life. pain is never temporary, because no matter how much light is in your life, there is always pain.

What is up with that freaky picture? is this a joke? How is life a stick? and how is cutting your own short a misdeed? The only one yur harming is yourself. its like cutting yourslef, but at an extreme level.

Fanayvea...the stick is supposed to be represented as a metaphor, how I used roads on my post.

Though one DOES have to question the validity of ones post when you see a flock of Twilight's with pillows adorned on their heads swimming down a body of water....

Because magical salsa is an indigo teacher which came from the mountain range of Everfree. Posted Image

Everything I said was a weird metaphor, or idioms, whichever is fine. If I had to actually explain, you wouldn't understand it.

(edited)

pain isnt temporary. It can be all around you, and It can last for the rest of your life. pain is never temporary, because no matter how much light is in your life, there is always pain.

Oh, I never intended to sound like an expert in the field and if ever led you to believe otherwise I'm sorry. It's just, I like to think on the positive side of things. Well what can we do? c'est la vie. Edited by SrFrog
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Quoting from my favorite poem,

"With all its shams, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."

This sums up my experience with the world.

No one can deny that there is suffering, terror, and anguish in life. War, torture, illness, and many similar elements can convince us that life isn't worth it, or that it is truly something ugly and horrible. If we focus only on the negative part of life, though, we are depriving ourselves of a magnificent view.

What is so beautiful about life is that we have the capacity not only to help others who are suffering and to stop unnecessary agony but to improve the lives all sentient beings. Where before most people merely wandered the earth trying to survive, we now have a unique ability to go beyond simply attempting to survive. We can discover previously hidden knowledge, lengthen people's lives, find sustainable ways to live in peace with nature, and enrich all of our lives by adding vibrancy to them in an incalculable number of ways. The sight of a good person smiling and happy, in my opinion, is the most beautiful one in the world.

If you gaze past the depths of pain, there is a horizon of hope based on compassion. There are those who live without hope, and it is our duty as common members of one human family to help them see the beauty of life.

Edited by TheEngineer

Life... It is one of the most beautiful things. The individual may make the neurons in their brain say it doesn't matter, or that it is wonderful, but perhaps not for why I say it is beautiful. Every little thing is a miracle, a literal miracle. Doesn't matter if it's alive or not. Weather you believe in a god or not it applies. You can take your guesses but I won't tell you if I do or don't believe in a god or gods. So as I was saying, every little thing was either created by someone or a few people who always were, or it was spontaneously there. Weather it was creation, something beautiful in that some being with great knowledge had the ability to create everything made an immense plane of existence, or everything some way some how came into being. Such a phenomena that anything even exists. Sure, with infinite nothing and infinite time it could be quite likely, but whatever was the "first" energy, that is an incredible concept.

Given that our mere existence as energy is amazing look at the diversity, positive and negative charge, waves and particles, everything virtually the same assembles into such massive diversity. Heck, there must be types of energy we aren't aware of. Now the idea that on one little world a sequence of chemicals assemble into life forms, the chances are so slim, and it functions like a computer. A computer that literally made itself, presuming there is no god, and a computer that was spontaneously there, if there is. No matter how you look at it is incredible. In fact presuming there is no god you could live for the sheer thought that you are something incredibly rare, and if there if that you were created to serve. Either way the energy that is assembled into us is amazing.

Trillions of neurons firing, carbon and water, a computer of debated origin that develops on it's own. It learns and thinks, it moves and can escape the logical realm. We are incredible creatures. The pain we feel is an illusion created by our own bodies. We are no more than the air around us, made of the same quarks (that's what makes up protons neutrons and electrons). Incomprehensible numbers of these little balls of energy into bigger balls of energy into balls of energy with balls of energy orbiting that making chemicals that make chains and catalysts and those managed to form us! These tiny little things form us. Know what we rely on? We rely on other things just like us, built in minerals made of the same atoms, and we feed off of the plants and other animals which feed off the plants and the plants use the energy, the light and radiation from the sun, and the ground and the minerals, water and oxygen, and builds itself.

The chance of our existence right now is incredibly slim. We don't even exist, in a way. We are energy, but we perceive things in colors and sound, but it is all energy. We have adapted to see, feel, use and hear much of this energy. That is also a massive feat. The little squabbles and pain and hurt and disease, that is so insignificant! The sheer improbability makes life the most beautiful thing that could ever possibly be!

Now take the things we do with this miracle called life, we survive, we beat the odds, we create things and we innovate, we take our world and make it do what we want it to do. We fix our pains. We commit our lives to making our lives better. While self centered we are so improbable that that is the best thing we could do! Expand out knowledge, fulfill our curiosity, ease our pains and be happy! Making our own lives better and exploring what we naturally want. This incredible existence, where in our minds, harnessing this energy around us, we have made tales like my little pony. We have such immense capability that we have in our own heads created entire universes. You tell me that this life isn't beautiful!

/end rant