Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

EDIT: Forgot to fucking rate the song. Mah bad :/

I'd give it a solid 8/10. I can dig it.

After the disgrace called Danger Days, My Chemical Romance has redeemed themselves to me.

*Braces for MCR hate*

Edited by Twiliscael

It's composed quite well. The style, however, is kind of annoying to me. I've never been into... whatever you'd call that. I guess it's like J-pop+Disco or something. Anyways, it's just... that's kind of annoying. 5/10. It's not necessarily bad, but I just don't find it to be that interesting.

• Brohoof 1

6/10

Mm. N... no.

The music was alright, but... Heh.

Well at least you explained your rating unlike SOME people I know (Lost, I'm looking at you. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png)

As for your song, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to give it a 5/10. I really like the song sampled in it, but the lyrics are as generic as they can get. Also I'd prefer to get my share of bass from DnB music. XP

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rK8DD8izCo

COVER TIME!

Edited by letterONE

Oh, don't even get me started on how lost Lost is. That child is a lost soul.

2/10 -- Sorry, I just don't think it does the original justice.

(You might not realize it, but he's talking about his life in Compton. This one's about peer pressure.) It's easy to write off Kendrick as another guy who talks about the "generic" hip hop stuff (money, drugs, guns n' hoes), but his music is basically an autobiography of the moments he felt impacted his life the most.

I really like the song sampled in it, but the lyrics are as generic as they can get.

Also, he's not talking about himself in this one. The title subtly hints that what he's talking about is the general atmosphere he grew up around. Hip hop is (most often) an interesting way for people to express themselves. If it weren't for the tone of his music, I swear Lamar could be a Blues composer. Edited by Guest

I actually kinda like that one. It's got a nice groove to it. Now if it didn't have the ridiculously generic hip-hop drums I'd give it a full 10/10. But because it does have them, I give it an 8/10.

BTW, when I meant generic in my last post I meant they used the usual words you'd hear in rap music. (i.e. the N-word, etc.) I'm not criticizing the meaning of them, I'm just criticizing them... um... by their cover I guess.

Lyrics were very good, interesting, and most importantly thought-provoking. I'm not a huge fan of hip-hop, but overall, not bad. 7.5/10.

Ninja'd.

So far, I'm intrigued by your song. It seems to be a little progressive too. That's never a bad thing. 8/10. I'll finish it.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvHZ5vVFLAA

This song might sound like a Dream Theater rip at first, but it's different.

Edited by Dash Is Best Pony

Thrash thrash thrash. Poundy pound... I like. (Especially around 4:40 when that guitar... y'know).

8/10

Tap them sticks, sonny!

More. Kendrick. Ha.

Now honestly I'm thinking it went on a minute too long. That jazzy sample backing up the song is just... wayyyyyy too repetitive.

I'm gonna have to split this rating up:

Vocals: 10/10

Lyrics: 5/10 (Still using generic terms)

Music: Erm... 6/10. I like that sample and the bass, but again, WAAAAAAAY too repetitive

Now for the kind of rap I like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1bsRkGdFeA

8.5/10

I remember that sweet sound -- comes from the days when I still had a closed mind about rap and hip hop! I liked it then, and still enjoy it now. Great beat.

Have some Jay. Kudos to Boondocks for getting me truly hooked.