Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

Of course I listened to it. I listened to it the whole way through, and I'm guessing you didn't even listen to 2 seconds of the song that I posted. I suppose you want me to go more in depth on my opinion, so here I go:

1. I hate hip-hop and rap in general. I can't stand music that doesn't have a particular tune to it, and just repeating words over and over begins to annoy the crud out of me. 

2. I disliked the lyrics. They weren't very inspiring or thought-provoking at all. That's what I look for in songs that I like to listen to.

3. The music in the background is so repetitive and "chippy". I prefer songs that flow together nicely.

I did listen to it, btw. It wasn't in English and I didn't get anything.

1. Some rap has meaning to it, you know. I think you must be thinking of Lil Wayne for your definition of rap or something.

2. I disliked your lyrics, cuz I couldn't understand them.

3. Whatever you posted is just some drums over a tune, so meh. Some rap songs flow together very very nicely; like I said, you have to look in the right places. But I guess you aren't willing to try rap, are you? Cuz all rap songs suck, have no flow, repeat words over and over (which is very normal in any genre, btw) and isn't thought inspiring or provoking.

>_>

Back on topic:

I decided to put a song that is actually THOUGHT-PROVOKING, btw. Just to show that rap can do that, like the almighty soul/R&B/whatever the fuck that was.

That song that Smash-N-Dash posted is soooo nostalgic, 9/10

And now,

a thought-provoking rap song. Those can't possibly exist, right?

I did listen to it, btw. It wasn't in English and I didn't get anything.

1. Some rap has meaning to it, you know. I think you must be thinking of Lil Wayne for your definition of rap or something.

2. I disliked your lyrics, cuz I couldn't understand them.

3. Whatever you posted is just some drums over a tune, so meh. Some rap songs flow together very very nicely; like I said, you have to look in the right places. But I guess you aren't willing to try rap, are you? Cuz all rap songs suck, have no flow, repeat words over and over (which is very normal in any genre, btw) and isn't thought inspiring or provoking.

>_>

1 and 3. I was just talking about the one you posted.

2. You can read the translation of them here.

Edited by SparklingSwirls

1 and 3. I was just talking about the one you posted.

2. You can read the translation of them here.

You could keep the thread going, you know.

The funny thing is that you complained about my song repeating lyrics, but quick:

Speak with the voice I hear

with the words I understand,

With poems I comprehend.

To you are subtitles needed

The one who explains your secrets

The narrator omniscient

Speak with the voice I hear x2

Why are you crying when, at the neighbour's, somebody's child is laughing? x3

Why are you crying, when on the radio somebody is singing of love? x2

b2c.gif

On topic:

7/10 I liked it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6lgoMkx0Os

Edited by oranjebleus

You could keep the thread going, you know.

The funny thing is that you complained about my song repeating lyrics

I don't want to make you more upset by possibly not liking your other songs. So I'll say ?/10.

I meant repeating words, not lyrics... maybe there's a better word for it. I guess I could explain what I meant by saying that the guy sounds more like he's reciting a poem of sorts than singing. Which isn't a bad thing; just not my style.

EDIT: Ninja'd. I'll listen first before rating.

EDIT 2: 7/10. I usually don't like "screechy" songs, but that one wasn't too bad! :)

Edited by SparklingSwirls