Any scene that makes you cringe or that you refuse to watch?

Silly Lily

The first six episodes made me cringe everytime... but I just had to watch it in order to gain the knowledge of what the appeal of it was. Eventually got into it at episode 13, but everything before that just felt "ugh...", minus Dragonshy, which was kinda awesome.

Now I look at the list of episodes though, I notice that Lauren Faust's episodes were a bit iffy to me. Conclusion? Lauren's ideas are great, but without other people she'll lack the potential? Or... something like that? I don't know, really...

Who needs signatures?

...not me

seriously, you're not supposed to see this.

Believe it or not, I can hardly stand the intro sequence. I just don't like the theme song.

I'm also not a fan of the early Season 1 songs. They ain't great in my opinion.

It's ironic how I fall just to get back up again...

This,

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3RYqMzNqzw

Made me sad. I hate seeing one of the Mane Six making another sadder. This really destroys the point of me watching the episode. :(

This is one of the most AMAZING scenes in the entire series. I love NEW Fluttershy. She is one of my favorite characters of all time (while OLD Fluttershy is my least favorite). Seriously, Pinkie Pie and Rarity needed to be slapped across their flanks for a bit.

Edited by MallaJong1

The hamhanded "Trust your instincts" from Celestia in the end of A Canterlot Wedding part 2. The single worst "Lesson of Celestia", seeing as it's in direct opposition of three other episodes' "Don't judge a book by its cover".

What's next? More Starfox quotes?

Posted Image

Season 3's first lesson will be how to use the boost to get through.

Anyway, I don't really think there was any cringe worthy scenes.

Objection! Hold it! Take that! Gotcha! Eureka!

I like video games and anime.

The synchronized swarming in Fall Weather Friends. I literally groaned loudly at the sight of that. It's also my least favorite S1 episode, but that's just one of the reasons why.

What do you mean by that? When all the ponies ran past Dash and AJ?

Anywho, I kind of cringed at "Look Before You Sleep" sometimes because... well, Twilight was really out of character, and was acting like a complete moron the whole time.

The theme song I still kinda dislike.

Every bit of "Mysterious Mare Do Well".

The first 2 episodes I plain don't like. They were just... too cliche if you know what I mean.

Twilight dancing in "Sweet and Elite". I mean.... ugh...

Edited by Twi Rubix

post-786-0-09850800-1327275488.png

The first 2 episodes I plain don't like. They were just... too cliche if you know what I mean.

Those are the ones that got me to start to enjoy the show, and feel what I called "strangly emasculated".

The opening theme, but you guys saw it coming. Anyways, time for the real scenes.

That scene in "Sweet and Elite" where RD, when her friends decided to invade the Garden Party, swings the croquet mallet hard enough that she loses grip of it and it swipes the wig off another pony. It just seems unnatural to look at a bald mare with only a few specks of hair left :unsure:

spasticShotty-1753.png

I can only think of when Twilight went and said, 'Hi girls," to the CMC, because that sounded outright creepy. It was just too out of character for me. I can sit through it, but I'm easier to startle during the scene.

Just to add to that here is it 20x creepier:

and fgnfoignfieobnobnoebjjobnofidbnfbnfoibnodbnfdojjjj

• Brohoof 1

Derpy is best Pony and Commador Is best Cyborg Pony

2rftqi8.jpg

None, it used to be the opening. I remember when I first tried to watch, I almost turned back when I heard this ''My little pony, My little pony''. I never skipped it though.

• Brohoof 1

INTJ

Introvert(56%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Thinking(75%)  Judging(1%)

• You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

The very beginning of the theme song still annoys me to no end, so I end up skipping the first few seconds of it. There's not really that much that annoys me or makes me cringe.

VHerT66.png

When the CMC went to the talent show. I skipped the part because it was just so... failing. When i see people do horribly embarrassing things i tend to look away. This was one.

• Brohoof 1

ForumLunastepSig.png

Previously known as Phil

Be sure to visit Creative resources In the MLP forums to get free signatures from me!

Haven't read the whole thread, but have read the last page.

I have to agree with Phil and Chaotic Discord:

None. Well, it used to be the theme song, but even that's grown on me a little bit. I know full well these types of scenes, but FiM doesn't have any for me.

Especially with Phil, though.

I guess I really get "into" shows, so when there's something incredibly embarrassing I cringe badly, like the Cutie Mark's talent show. I can't stand it...

And then there's frustration, because to me a situation is so ridiculously obvious, but the characters are blissfully unaware, and I just want to scream through the fourth wall!

That would be the tragedies of Sweetie Belle messing things up in Sisterhooves Social, the part where Rarity finishes Applejack's analogy in the same episode, and the rest of the "Show Stoppers" episode, when they all do things they're obviously bad at, instead of the thing they're wonderful at.

Sweetie Belle: SING! Scootaloo: DANCE! Applebloom: EVERYTHING ELSE!

I'll keep yelling until they hear me through the fourth wall!!!! Lol.

And it just bothers me that Sweetie Belle makes so many well-meaning mistakes in Sisterhooves Social.

But, as for show quality stuff, I used to be kinda iffy with the opening, but I'm cool with it now. The only scene that bothers me is the little bit where Rarity finishes Applejack's analogy in sisterhooves social. Even that's still alright, though, not really too bad.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a student Royal Astrophysicist that loves kindness, rationality, curiosity, open-mindedness and deep intellectual discussions! Oh, and a nice quiet evening with a book, paper, quill, and some hot cocoa!

A Deviantart Account: (and have been featured on EQD on multiple occasions) http://eagle1division.deviantart.com/

I have a fimfic: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/Star%20Scraper
And I have a science tumblr! http://asksciencepony.tumblr.com/

In 'The Canterlot Wedding', the part where Twilight angers her brother, her friends and Princess Celestia was quite sad for me :(

The saddest thing about it though is how justified them being mad at her was.

Actually, for me, it wasn't that scene, but the preceding scene when Twilight just bursts into the wedding rehersal and wildy accuses the fake Cadance with absolutely zero evidence, screaming "Evil" as much as Mermaid Man, and acts as hysterical as possible. I'm just all like, "Twilight...you moron!"

Edited by Wormtail96