Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any scene that makes you cringe or that you refuse to watch?

Silly Lily

For me it would be these scenes

--when Gilda yelled at Fluttershy. I usually just skip over it. (btw, why does Fluttershy made that sheep sound afterwards?)

--when Twilight was mean to the Mailpony. I understand that Twilight is disappointed at how it wasn't Applejack but, really? Slamming the door? Not to mention it was his birthday?... I cannot even excuse her behaviour due to underdeveloped social skills.

• Brohoof 1

None. Well, it used to be the theme song, but even that's grown on me a little bit. I know full well these types of scenes, but FiM doesn't have any for me.

• Brohoof 8

i find it hard to sit through the scene where rainbow dash is in the hospital and she tries to get rid of her friends so she can get back to reading, especialy when she sloply eats her food, for some reason its hard to sit through

• Brohoof 1

The first few seconds of the Theme Song. I mean, come on. MY LITTLE PONY, MY LITTLE PONY, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Edited by Devin McCourty
Please don't break the page layout.
  • Brohoof 8

I really love the show, but every once in a while there's a moment that is just to mushy mushy for me. The theme song is one. The worst offender has to be the "My love will make you strong" line in the Canterlot wedding eps. I cringe every time.

• Brohoof 2

Yea the theme song for me and pretty much the end to most the episodes where they have that really awkward forced laugh following a pretty lame joke. I normally stop it after Twilight sends or is writing the letter.

I really love the show, but every once in a while there's a moment that is just to mushy mushy for me. The theme song is one. The worst offender has to be the "My love will make you strong" line in the Canterlot wedding eps. I cringe every time.

That line is so hilariously cliche its "cringe factor" is 11/10. And then the Changeling Queen is defeated so easily?

Yea the theme song for me and pretty much the end to most the episodes where they have that really awkward forced laugh following a pretty lame joke. I normally stop it after Twilight sends or is writing the letter.

YES, YES, YES! The "Hey, everypony, let's laugh in unison after some Disney Channel-styled joke." ending is very cringe-worthy. I most often find myself groaning during these scenes.

Edited by MallaJong1

The episodes mentioned are two of my favorites, but they both just happen to have a scene in them that makes me cringe more than others:

-When the ponies have that dream sequence about Rarity being kidnapped in A Dog and Pony Show, the way she says 'get away dirt!' and stuff, I don't like the way Rarity was interpereted in that scene very much.

-The way Twilight and them act at the Canterlot garden party in Sweet and Elite, I mean I know they were celebrating Twilight's birthday and everything, but they really should have known better then to act the way they did at a fancy party like that.

This kind of scenes from Mare-Do-Well

Posted Image

"Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood Rainbow Dash is here!"

They gave me the willies. I nearly skipped the episode just for that

• Brohoof 3

Cringe? As the others have mentioned, the beginning/end. I usually just skip the intro. A few episodes were kinda bad but I still forced myself to watch through them.

Also, I'm the watch-every-episode-only-once-then-kyro type, but I don't like watching the sad snippets (discorded Twi is broken-heart-shaped tears) because then I start crying like Pinkie. (Not really, else that'd be scary.) :blush:

A lot of Fluttershy scenes. She barely contributes to the show IMO. I really can't stand her :( But I force myself through.

• Brohoof 1

The hamhanded "Trust your instincts" from Celestia in the end of A Canterlot Wedding part 2. The single worst "Lesson of Celestia", seeing as it's in direct opposition of three other episodes' "Don't judge a book by its cover".

What's next? More Starfox quotes?

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

Sheep Ponies..

explination: When Twilight makes the noise BAA noise when Rainbow Dash blows here mind

Also Fluttershy made the sound in "Griffon the Brush off". It gets annoying.. (Although those are the only 2 times I heard it. I watch the First season Every Wednesday, and Season 2 Every Friday. Its a habit...

and I also use to skip the theme.

Now I find myself signing along.

I think watching Rarity during the final minutes of "Sonic Rainboom" really make me cringe. It's just, her design during the competition was just to much for me to handle.

• Brohoof 3

I really hated that scene in "Ponyville Confidential" where Rainbow Dash eats the cucumber off of Spike's eye and then he reaches into her mouth, grabs it and puts it back over his eye. Yuck!!!

• Brohoof 1

I tend to tune out of the show any time there's a song. (Except for the opening theme, that has grown on me.) I know it's going to be an unpopular opinion, but I feel that Daniel Ingram has no meaningful sense of rhythm, harmony, or polyphony, and the music is often awkwardly structured with disjointed form. It just doesn't move me, or hasn't yet...

As far as specific scenes go, I thought "Applebuck Season" had a lot of problems. The cold open had Big Macintosh sound something like the dog from Davey and Goliath and felt totally out of place. I also couldn't stand the voice of the cows when Applejack was trying to figure out what caused the stampede in that same episode.

"Sweet and Elite" had a number of scenes that rubbed me the wrong way too. I felt that any time we see a Canterlot pony thumbing their nose at Rarity it was needlessly exaggerated and didn't even show a hint of sympathy which I've come to expect from the antagonists on the show, and I couldn't stand Fancypants from the first time I saw him. Far too "nice", and I had the strangest feeling he wasn't really sincere. Also, the scene where Rarity gave Opal a bath felt really strange for some reason or another-- it likely made me dizzy. To be fair, I was a little tipsy when I watched the episode so I might have misjudged the aesthetics and characters.

Outside of those two episodes I didn't think there was any specific scene that made me totally cringe.

-The way Twilight and them act at the Canterlot garden party in Sweet and Elite, I mean I know they were celebrating Twilight's birthday and everything, but they really should have known better then to act the way they did at a fancy party like that.

I actually enjoyed that scene most out of the whole episode, if just for the fact that I felt that the Canterlot ponies deserved to have their party crashed for the snootiness they displayed throughout the whole episode. I can understand that Twilight and her friends probably should have been more sensitive to the upper crust's privacy, but I thought it at least drove home Twilight's acceptance of Rarity's ambitions in a fun way (and was probably one of the few times I thought the music in the show was genuinely good). It was, in essence, saying "you really didn't have to choose between me and your clients". Edited by JustFairness

Why cringe at something so damn adorable and cute? I cannot fathom a reason to cringe. Ever.

:ph34r: not taking up extra space, if that's what you're thinking :ph34r:

• Brohoof 1

Well for me, I'd have to say I cringe at most of Pinkie Pie's songs. I kinda liked "Smile" but that was it.

I think watching Rarity during the final minutes of "Sonic Rainboom" really make me cringe. It's just, her design during the competition was just to much for me to handle.

Good GODS That was the worst official design I've seen on ANYTHING.

The one and only time I ever disliked what Rarity was wearing was her outfit in the young flier's competition- I blame the wings, they were controlling her fashion sense like Dr. Octopus from Spider-Man's tentacles controlled him I tell you! :blink: Edited by (\SBB64/)

The one and only time I ever disliked what Rarity was wearing was her outfit in the young flier's competition- I blame the wings, they were controlling her fashion sense like Dr. Octopus from Spider-Man's tentacles controlled him I tell you! :blink:

I think they meant it to be super over the top. It showcased how she was letting here wings get to her head. In order words your right, and it was meant to be cringe inducing.