Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does it bother you that bronies are considered "cringe" to most people?

jackleapp81

81 users have voted

1. 1. Does it bother you that the general public considers bronies to be odd/weird?

• Yes
    • Maybe a little, but I'm not going to change their opinion, so I might as well enjoy myself without their approval.
    • No.

On 2022-08-31 at 8:45 PM, Autumn Ink said:

I understand if MLP is escapism for some people. But escapism should be a temporary reprieve from life's troubles, not a lifestyle. Your mind may go elsewhere, but your body remains where it is; the more time you spend in an imaginary place, the more time you spend in your real life bad place.

For a show that teaches adversity and perseverance, it amazes me that these escapists can't take those same lessons and apply them in real life. Of course your problems won't be wrapped up in a tidy 24-minute window, but you're at least moving forward and trying something other than staring at a screen all day.

I don't feel hateful towards these people. Just... sad.

So ignore the shows general philosophy and don't allow it to transcend into positive personal development in real life? Wanting a better place to exist, isn't pretending the world is a good place, you understand full well it's not, but the idea is being inspired by this idea of a world that itself fails to be utopian, its just not pessimistically, nihilistically cynical.. "I feel bad for people that wish they lived in a better world"... Better start handing out tissues... I mean sports can be seen as escapism to some extent, it's just escapism without a positive message, "watch people be awesome in real life, wish it was you, buy things and idolize a trash person bc hes good at a game he gets paid to play and a game he likes.." it's cool to be obsessed with whatever legal thing you want, I just assumed the people you are talking about, the people "starring at their screens all day", are these afflicted escapists that you assume have defected from realistic solutions to life's problems, it's just don't misread an inspiration of philosophy as unhealthy escapism, remember Christianity is a pretty old "fandom" lol, moral fabric, equivalency, and these stories that we don't want to accept as reality, no, if people want to hold themselves to the same moral standard as Applejack from watching her on FiM, than I say we need more escapism, it's just these ppl live in a world they know is fiction, it hasn't caused them to have a disconnect as to what's realistic human behavior as they are still a condescending asshole... I love MLP, I want to use it's positivity for more than my own self comfort, it's one of those things that has that potential...

Edited by KingCorvus
  • Brohoof 1

I really don't care what other people think. I used to, there was a time in my life when I'd have been self conscious. But now? No, it doesn't matter. I enjoy MLP:FiM, A New Generation, Pony Life, EQG and all of that stuff. I've got a good collection of the Graphic novels, even if I find myself a bit frustrated with the comic writers in most cases, and I have these communities to come to and share in this stuff. It's been a long time since I came around this site though, which is a shame because I've been missing out.

Yeah, no, the idea that we're "cringe" doesn't really bother me because I know that I, personally, am not, and that a healthy percentage of us are not. Helps also to remember that a portion of ANY fandom ends up being cringe as times.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not really because some just kind of are :worry: I get that it's probably a small minority in the community though but then again you can't expect outsiders to immediately know that.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't mind being considered cringe as long as they voice that opinion without actively trying to hurt the fandom. Not liking bronies is fine, but saying all bronies are basement dwelling NEETs and, I don't know, rallying your whole chat of thousands to attack a pony on r/Place....kind of makes you look more cringe than the pony enjoyers, I think :devious:

• 3 weeks later...

People like that are everywhere, yes the fandom has those 1 in 10,000 people who just want to ruin stuff for others by being creepy and gross, yes there are people who assume that this 1 in 10,000 people are the whole fandom so they hate on it just because, but there's not much that can be done about it because people like that will always plague the earth

to keep these types from increasing let people enjoy what they want to enjoy no matter how weird it is (unless it's against the law or just plain wrong)

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Cash In said:

I honestly don't care. Just enjoy the show, the art or whatever you like really.

Yea! Enjoy yourselves! Immerse yourselves!!!

On 2022-12-25 at 7:24 AM, Splashee said:

But I like being a Bro and a Pony. It makes such sense to combine those words B)

Yea.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...
On 2022-08-25 at 2:38 PM, J.J said:

It doesn't bother me even slightly, but "some" bronies ARE cringe. It's an opinionated community, and a lot of its members are hypersensitive, the bronies that would cry if bullied of confronted about it aren't the hypersensitive people I'm talking about, I'm talking about the bronies that can't tolerate a difference in popular opinion and literally try to pass you off as some type of social deviant or miscreant for daring to have a difference of opinion than them publicly, they then try to humiliate others that disagree with them with some convoluted perspective on something MLP related filled with double standards and hypocrisy, completely overlooking what they "love" about one character, but when it's executed much better in another, they just completely fall apart and all of a sudden you are some kind literal idiot who is ruining the fandom and you are toxic for pointing out what's wrong with a popular episode or a popular pony... Or dare I say it a popular princess... The only pony you can apparently criticize without repercussions is Starlight, apparently it's totally valid to do that, but everything else, could divulge into a shit storm or just get you completely ousted or socially alienated for disagreeing, but IF you try to defend Starlight from unfair hypocrisy, double standards and absolute BS, you are a "toxic hater troll" for pointing out inconsistencies in their logic, and their clear bias/personal favoritism, bc they wanted to look intelligent for hating Starlight and publicly making a monkey of anyone that loves her, they can't emotionally/psychologically tolerate their favorite pony getting the "Starlight treatment". 

Not all of these oversensitive bronies are Starlight haters, obviously I have a certain degree of sensitivity when it comes to Starlight, but I totally respect people not liking her, I can usually just point out why their reasons for doing so are way flimsier than her back story could ever be. Some bronies especially community bronies go with the grain, I'm not like a lot of other bronies "socially" but when it comes to our genuine obsession for Equestria and the MLP franchise we definitely share this.. understand from my perspective, you can't be genuinely "anti social" and enjoy MLP from a place of authenticity, the shows message of inclusion and tolerance escapes many bronies, they are exclusive, a lot of bronies think disrespecting or ignoring bronies that aren't as popular as them cements their "horse fame", this weird competition that the SUPER CRINGE bronies play, that you aren't as big of a fan as them for (x) reason, questioning your fan hood trying to one up you, it makes them insecure when someone Introduces a new perspective to something they claim to be obsessed with and just had never thought about, they think your theories come off as a mockery, or satire, not what they really are ATTENTION TO DETAIL, intrigue, real theoretical scenarios, a measurement of the logic and consistency of the show... They then have to feel superior by shitting on things that you genuinely love about the show bc you made something they loved seem silly/improbable/nonsensical and not even on purpose..

a lot of bronies are toxic and bad people, it's okay to love MLP for being "fiction" we all know the real world doesn't work like Equestria, but some of these people do not emanate one god damn social sentiment from MLP, what you just like the idea of make believe people(ponies) having friends, ponies that CONSTANTLY disagree with one another, but when anyone disagrees with you in real life, you need to socially demean them, verbally abuse them, try to get them alienated for a difference of opinion? These bronies are gross... And yes they are CRINGE.

^ All. Of. This. ^

Not really because some people in the fandom do have a tendency to make an ass of themselves in public. Generally speaking I don’t think any reasonable person is going to be bothered by a pony avatar in another website, but if you’re acting like an obsessive weirdo constantly, yeah you’re going to look stupid 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...