Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has any of you felt that you couldn't make new friends at all?

crisahys

(edited)

I really needed to get this out of my chest because it's been driving me INSANE for many, many, many years. When I felt like I couldn't make new friends, I tend to check ALL of my social network accounts to see if anyone responded, and if they've not, I continue checking 24/7 all the bucking time, for every second, I go back to my computer and check my accounts again and again and again and then I start to feel odded out by having the account, yet no one's responding to me. I just feel like I wanted to go up and post as much as possible. 

post-27780-0-58047400-1404150265.gif

Edited by crisahys
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

*checks OP's account*

What's the problem ? You seem to have plenty of friends :)

You should probably stop checking you social networks 24/7, you know ? Try to go out and socialize at your school or place of work and go to talk to "real" people.

I know, sounds weird, right ?

EDIT : To answer your question, yes, all the time, lol

Edited by boiteporte

It's not about finding just friends. It's about finding the right friends man, It takes time. Good friends come fast, sometimes they come slow. You have to be patient.

Oh yeah definitely! When I was in elementary, I got made fun of everywhere I went! I would just sit there and do anything and i'd get made fun of. So I eventually stopped trying to make friends, that was untill junior and senior year of High School.

Oh yeah definitely! When I was in elementary, I got made fun of everywhere I went! I would just sit there and do anything and i'd get made fun of. So I eventually stopped trying to make friends, that was untill junior and senior year of High School.

Hmm... Maybe this is wrong... I thought this was for IRL....

• Brohoof 1

Did you know that it's scientifically possible that humans need human interaction or they'll make friends with inanimate objects. Yeah. There was a time when I felt I didn't have any friends. I didn't. And that human interaction thing? It's true. But um. Somebody told me sometimes you need real friends and not people you met online. It's not the same thing. And it really isn't.

I really needed to get this out of my chest because it's been driving me INSANE for many, many, many years. When I felt like I couldn't make new friends, I tend to check ALL of my social network accounts to see if anyone responded, and if they've not, I continue checking 24/7 all the bucking time, for every second, I go back to my computer and check my accounts again and again and again and then I start to feel odded out by having the account, yet no one's responding to me. I just feel like I wanted to go up and post as much as possible. 

attachicon.gifcrazy twilight showing up.gif

Sounds like you....

might have a friendship problem

Twilight-25.gif

• Brohoof 1

attachicon.gifcrazy twilight showing up.gif

I understand how you feel.

Since I have left High School I was living alone. Without friend.

I would prefer not to talk about my high school experiences.

I gave up social networks because for some people they are like

"remind me how lonely I am" networks.

I'm not even sure how I'll make friends here.

I'm not an interesting person.

If you wish to talk to somebody send me a PM.

Hey, don't feel so bad. I have a similar problem. I have two close friends, and most of the friends i get to know from college or work don't quite get close enough to me. You could say nobody really knows the real me, which sorta bugs me sometimes.

I've felt like that all my life. Never knowing the meaning of friendship, I had two people that I thought were my friends. Unfortunately I began to realize the harsh truth. These weren't my true friends. I began to become cold and depressed.

I've not been happy. Truly happy since I was a kid. The smile that lit the room destroyed by a broken spirit.

Sure defintely! I made many "friends". But I actually don't like/despise them. That's why I only have 20 Facebook friends (had more but deleted many). I'm comfortable with only a small group of real friends that I actually socialize with everyday. I don't want 500+ Facebook friends who never interact with me. In my whole life, every first school day I always thought I will not make a friend. But I actually made 1 or 2 new friends, that I like to talk to. It's okay to have a small amount of friends.

I'm not even sure how I'll make friends here.

I'm not an interesting person.

Somehow I doubt that.  Everyone is interesting.  I'm sure you are too.

At OP, yes, I feel like I can't make any friends.  I have a few close friends irl, but I live in a different state now and I'm all alone here.  I have no idea how to meet people or make friends, and I feel like I've tried everything.  The only attempt I made to actually connect with someone here was completely ignored.  I don't want to get into it just because it's a really long story.

Basically,

Friendship = Magic

Magic = make believe

so by the transitive property, Friendship = make believe.

I'm just kidding, it's not impossible, it's just really difficult to find friends.

The only advice I can give it maybe find something you enjoy or want to learn and sign up for lessons.  You might meet someone that way.  For example, I started taking horseback riding lessons where I live, because that's something I genuinely enjoy, and I thought it might help me meet a few people.  It did, sort of, but my attempt at connection was ignored.  I said I wasn't going to get into it.  Too long.

Friendship = Magic

Magic = make believe

so by the transitive property, Friendship = make believe.

That explains everything! I'm not alone, I'm just living in reality. 

crazy_twilight_sparkle_vector_by_dan_sha

Anyways, yeah I feel like I can't make friends either. In fact, friends are a reason why I dislike social media sites. Without friends, they're pointless. 

• Brohoof 1

• 9 years later...

I know the feeling I check social media a lot but I get afraid if someone messages me and I panic. I’m no good at making friends though I try but I can’t figure out how to ask them what social networks or phone numbers so we never talk again :Thorax:

• Party! 1
  • Hugs 1

17 hours ago, Twitchy-Tremor said:

I know the feeling I check social media a lot but I get afraid if someone messages me and I panic. I’m no good at making friends though I try but I can’t figure out how to ask them what social networks or phone numbers so we never talk again :Thorax:

Hehe, I wonder what that's like :mlp_lie:

Thisisareallaugh.webp.46058b2d6cf5e5fdfbab6d4ee2c25ae7.webp

• 3 months later...
On 2023-10-17 at 5:29 PM, Clawdeen said:

Go climb up a tree and scream. Whoever screams back is good friend material.

My situation involves already being into the new year.  I don't have onboard new friend material.  

Online is easier since I know what to expect and who to avoid in making friends. Sometimes it’s just come unexpectedly for me. Real life is a bit more tricker for me. Not that I care for friends in real life anyways. I got a guy who I almost think him as a friend but he got creepy on me.. so no. Since then, anyone especially guys comes to be “friendly” with me, just tells me they wants something else.