Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

Anti-bullying? This is the most relevant crusade some people can think of to devote their time to in the 21st century? I knew people were getting spoiled in this country, but come on. What about world hunger? I don't know about you, but I'm a lot more anti-people starving in the gutter than I am anti-bullies--and I was treated miserably as a kid. For one thing, world hunger might actually be solved someday if enough people committed to it. Trying to eliminate bullying is a lost cause. It's a part of human nature, and it doesn't just happen to children. Sure it's a bad thing, but it's part of who we are. Every single generation of humanity has had to put up with it, and for the most part they've come through. Corny ads and seminars in school gymnasiums are not going to change that. If you want to fight back against one of society's evils, at least pick a battle you can win

I think that most people misunderstood why there are people starving on the planet in the first place.The starving kids in Africa and some parts of asia can't get food because they don't have the MONEY to buy food and they will forever be at the mercy of charities until people STOP DONATING and invest their money so those poor people have JOBS.

The incentive for doing it? makes you more money in addition to helping solve world hunger

The UN should ban Christian/catholic missionaries as they're contributing to world hunger by asking already poor nations for donations to expand their influence and by telling the local populations to stop eating insects/bats/worms/etc.There is nothing wrong with eating insects and it's even been proven to be nutritious so missionaries have got to stop preaching about how it's against god's will to eat anything other than pork, beef, chicken, turkey and seafood.

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty sure I'm just repeating some of these, but oh well, this thread is fun.

-Battleship is mah most favorite movie ever.

-I don't think JB is all that bad. Well, I've only heard Baby, and maybe in hindsight he is (For instance, Battleship technically isn't that good but I don't give a fuck), but still, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

-Too many people complain about CoD being the same. How about complaining about the balancing issues (Although Black Ops II doesn't seem to have any), instead? That makes more sense, since why would you want a new experience yet have it be unbalanced as shit, and make in unenjoyable unless you play like a scrub?

-While I don't think premature sex (Like, at age 15, 16, 17, etc.) is good, I don't think it's a terrible thing to do either. In fact, I've had thoughts of doing it (Which would be near impossible due to how unsocial I am. Just hoping for the best, though). If a teen is gonna do it so young, atleast they should wear some protection, though.

-It annoys me a lot when someone calls something "overrated" (*ahem* @Clarity - Looking at your post above........). Can't exactly explain why, it's just a term I always looked down upon. If something lets me down while other people said it was great, I'm just gonna "Eh, not for me, I guess" instead of "That shit was sooooooo overrated" or some stupid-ass remark like that.

• Brohoof 2

Babs Seed's brooklyn accent isn't "cute". It's annoying. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

I generally hate most sports.

I kind of like some of Katy Perry's songs.

I hate all music except for dubstep (and all the corresponding genres with it) and indie/electronica. Metal isn't bad.

The Star Wars prequels were better. ;)

I don't like any of the Elder Scrolls games except for Skyrim.

I don't generally play/like the CoD games except for the zombie modes.

Gears of War 3 is where it's at. Best game ever. ;)

Human pony art is awful except for human AJ art.

I believe that the Pope is the most corrupt man on Earth, that's not always the case but this Pope in particular is cruel and indecent, and is a shame to the Vatican. Usually Popes are good people but this one is hiding files on child molestation cases from the public to protect the priests, not the victims.

The text above is invisible, scroll over it only if you won't be offended by something bashing on the Vatican, you've been warned..

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 2

I hate Dk64.

OOT and link to the past are overrated.

Majora's mask is my favorite zelda game.

the sonic adventure games are overrated.

Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Heroes are both great games.

Nappa is my favorite dbz character (because of teamfourstar)

• Brohoof 1

Romney should have one the election

Nerdfighteria is stupid and John Green isn't all that great of a writer.

I have a favorite sports team and I think it's fun to watch football and make a March Madness bracket.

Nappa is my favorite dbz character (because of teamfourstar)

OH MY GOSH, SOMEONE ELSE WHO WATCHES TFS! I still like Goten for my favorite DBZ character, but TFS made Nappa amazing. I can't really judge Nappa vs Goten until they do Buu saga.

• Brohoof 1

OH MY GOSH, SOMEONE ELSE WHO WATCHES TFS! I still like Goten for my favorite DBZ character, but TFS made Nappa amazing. I can't really judge Nappa vs Goten until they do Buu saga.

TeamFourStar rules. But LittleKuriboh rules even more. ;)

I love seeing those guys at Youmacon every year. It's pretty awesome.

Actually, now that I think about it, I should probably catch up on all of the DBZ Abridged episodes I have missed, lol.

But yeah. I know that this isn't that much of an unpopular opinion but I feel like it is just because I don't exactly meet a ton of people who are into these series. But yeah, I love YGOTAS and DBZ Abridged. Old and new. Which also reminds me, I need to download the rest of the YGOTAS episodes to my external hard drive. I downloaded a bunch a while ago but that was when there were only like 26 episodes. XD

• Brohoof 1

Romney should have one the election

Nerdfighteria is stupid and John Green isn't all that great of a writer.

I have a favorite sports team and I think it's fun to watch football and make a March Madness bracket.

Gary Johnson should have won the election, Mitt Romney and Barrack Obama are not what we need, they are pretty much the same.

And I really dislike people who don't even know what 'overrated' means.

-It annoys me a lot when someone calls something "overrated" (*ahem* Clarity - Looking at your post above........). Can't exactly explain why, it's just a term I always looked down upon. If something lets me down while other people said it was great, I'm just gonna "Eh, not for me, I guess" instead of "That shit was sooooooo overrated" or some stupid-ass remark like that.

Really?

Well, did you hear that I used to like Babs Seed until everyone's hype about her?

I don't just call ANYTHING overrated. It's just that I dislike most things that are over-popular, and now suddenly I'm bashing everything that's "not for me"? Lol.

Really?

Well, did you hear that I used to like Babs Seed until everyone's hype about her?

I don't just call ANYTHING overrated. It's just that I dislike most things that are over-popular, and now suddenly I'm bashing everything that's "not for me"? Lol.

And how come you only liked Babs when she wasn't popular? That's kinda stupid, IMO (That could be considered the "unpopular opinion" of this post :P).

• Brohoof 1

I believe that the Pope is the most corrupt man on Earth, that's not always the case but this Pope in particular is cruel and indecent, and is a shame to the Vatican. Usually Popes are good people but this one is hiding files on child molestation cases from the public to protect the priests, not the victims.

The text above is invisible, scroll over it only if you won't be offended by something bashing on the Vatican, you've been warned..

The popemobile, because nothing shows your faith in god like four inches of bulletproof glass. #SeemsLegit

On an unrelated note:

Personally, my favorite character in MLP is Gilda.

In the whole Tekkit War thing going on in the Yogscast, I am on the side of Rythian the Mage.

Here's a few of mine:

- Minecraft got really boring, very quickly.

- iPhones are not that great

- Sport is actually fun to watch, with the exception of Cricket and Tennis

- CoD isn't as awful as some people make it out to be,

- Anime isn't that good

- Family Guy is terrible

- Vegans are stupid

- I like rap and dubstep

- Screamo music and heavy metal makes my ears bleed

- University should not be so glorified

- Calling somebody black is not racist -.-

..thats about all I can think of,

• Brohoof 1

Well, democracy is only as good as the people, so I'd say it is highly overrated. Better than having only one or a few a-holes in charge, but still.

I don't like Buddhism.

I think individual churches and other private organizations should have the right to not let people they don't like in. F.ex. a church shouldn't have to hold the wedding ceremony for gay people if they oppose gay marriage. Of course, this should be accompanied by equal rights under the law.

I find babies and children rather repulsive and I try to avoid contact with them when I can.

I think Morrowind is an overrated game. Very good, but overrated.

Freedom of Speech doesn't, and shouldn't, take your feelings into account. If someone says something that offends you, you can say something that offends them. Or even better(when it comes to things like targeting gays, blacks etc.), flip them the finger and show them how pathetic they are for their views. Don't make laws to restrict it at all.

Well, these are some of the top of my head. I am sure I could come up with a few more if pressed.

I hate conservative people.... I think animals deserve rights too and I hate how people think My Littlr Ponies is for babies.... Cause it's not... ;) it's for lazy people like me who need comfort from all the mean people in the world.

• Brohoof 1

- Trixie is an unredeemable ***** who doesn't even deserve a 2nd episode

- Ben 10: AF and Ben 10: UA were decent

- Disney's current live action sit-coms are entertaining (But I still think they're WAY too over dependent on them)

- Super Paper Mario was a good game

Here's one that's unpopular across the whole forums, especially with Clari ;).

*ahem*......I like Vanellope von Schweetz more than AJ (At the moment, atleast).

Nope, that wasn't ear wax clogging your hearing abilities. Me, a long time AJ fan, has come to this? Holy moly, ravioli! Most people who've seen Wreck-It Ralph can see why I love Vanny so much, though :P. Most (Looks at Urdnot http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png).

The popemobile, because nothing shows your faith in god like four inches of bulletproof glass. #SeemsLegit

Well gee, maybe if it weren't for the fact that the previous pope was indeed shot at while riding the popemobile, then bulletproof glass would seem like such a silly thing.

Taking precautions is not having less faith in God. Things done by humans have consequences, like shooting a gun. Could you imagine anyone living in a major city refusing to lock their doors at night because they believe that locking their front door means that they don't have enough faith in God? And when all their stuff gets stolen, they say that it's all part of God's plan for them?

No, of course not. Because that would be stupid.

Having faith in God isn't about just doing dangerous things in hopes that God will just protect us from it all. It's about doing what He asks us to do, and then following through with it, knowing that we have to rely on His strength in order to do it.

And that is my unpopular opinion of the day.

Edited by RockinRarity
  • Brohoof 2

Really?

I didn't mean about you. In general, most people don't know what overrated means. "It's very popular, so it must be overrated" <- That's what I mean.

Vanellope von Schweetz is an annoying turdbasket. She's not "charming", she's not "lovably quirky", she's grating and insufferable. I don't care if she's the queen of "California Gurls Kart Racing" or whatever the game was called, her personality is like eating cinnamon-laden sandpaper.

AND HER VOICE. She always sounds like a smug little weasel. I don't find her entertaining in the slightest. I have no idea why she's so popular. I wish Ralph would have smashed her when he had the chance...

• Brohoof 1

Here's a couple:

I don't care much for Star Wars

I like Buicks

I hate most Toyotas (I like the Avalon, Tundra, and the Lexus branch)

I dislike rap and hip hop.

I don't care for The Hunger Games.

I never got interested in The Walking Dead.

I'd rather keep my hair long than short.

I'm not drinking any alcohol until I'm 21.

Rarity is my favorite pony.

• Brohoof 3

*ahem*......I like Vanellope von Schweetz more than AJ (At the moment, atleast).

Believe me, AJ is so disliked that I bet many people love "Vanny" a lot more than they like a cartoon character with little to no personality.

Ha, there's another unpopular opinion in itself. I love Applejack more than ventellopes, and I mean a LOT more.

• Brohoof 3

Freedom of Speech doesn't, and shouldn't, take your feelings into account. If someone says something that offends you, you can say something that offends them. Or even better(when it comes to things like targeting gays, blacks etc.), flip them the finger and show them how pathetic they are for their views. Don't make laws to restrict it at all.

I think quite the opposite of that. If someone says something that offends you it's just your problem, if he/she's not being verbally aggressive or attacking you that way but just expressing his/her thoughts. In that way everyone can say that everything offends them and everyone would go nuts in that case.

- Babies aren't cute

- Coffee is the drink of gods

- I'm not into Star Wars... never seen anything about it

- I never seen Dragon Ball

- I'm not a Pokemon fan... I've seen couple episodes of the show as a kid but nothing special. Never gone nuts about it.

- Water is way better than any soda(although I sometimes have an major urge to drink Mountain Dew)(Juices are lot better then sodas too)

- Animal fat is way worse then floral

- Animal chow can be eaten by human without any harm( although it's not nutritious)

- Doubt can destroy anything that could be great in the future and every plan and even sense of life( it's evil)

• Brohoof 4

I don't like Bruce Springsteen.

I'm not very interested in Star Wars and I haven't watched any of the episodes all the way through.

I hate Animal Crossing: Wild World. Maybe the other games in the series are good, but the DS game just sucks.

I can't stand pretty much all modern pop music (and dubstep).

I hate discussing politics.

I don't like Call of Duty.

I liked Super Mario Sunshine.

I hate Twitter and Facebook.

Edited by TheTEChguy27
  • Brohoof 1