Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Legends of Equestria

Marshmallow

I don't think I've enjoyed the game on this open server weekend. From what I know, the game was too unstable in this current open server weekend and heard there have been server ticks and most of us are getting kicked out of the game and then re-log, it's like going in and out. I know everypony in the game are just gonna wing it or go what we got.

Compared to the last stress test I've played, well the game was stable enough, but after DDoS attack happened, we got compensated for additional day of gameplay.

I don't think I've enjoyed the game on this open server weekend. From what I know, the game was too unstable in this current open server weekend and heard there have been server ticks and most of us are getting kicked out of the game and then re-log, it's like going in and out. I know everypony in the game are just gonna wing it or go what we got.

Compared to the last stress test I've played, well the game was stable enough, but after DDoS attack happened, we got compensated for additional day of gameplay.

Yeah, this build was less stable. From time to time I had issues with the portals, kicking me back in the previous room, as well as getting disconnected too many times. It's good to see the chat system was more stable though, but that's about it. The friends and inventory system was broken, too.

I have no problems with the portals (or zones) because if i'm standing behind the portal, I have to go around the portal, but if it happens like that I can zone in back to the areas I was trying to go. The game that's being unstable is one of our biggest issues and problem. I just hope if they can compensate us for additional day if they can stabilize the game.

I, to be frank, could care less about the junk known as LoE.

The team are idiots, for throwing out SweBow just over a petty argument.

The game was making progress, now it is slop.

I rest my case.

I only managed to get online for a few minutes due to the servers being haters but from what I did manage to see, I'm genuinely exited for this, probably more so than any other game release I've been eager for...with the exception of payday 2 :P

This weekend was awesome! I got to see Wubsy, the brony musician otherwise known as DJ Pon-3/Vinyl Scratch, met up with some forum members, got murdered by a dragon, and even participated in a pony totem pole! I got plenty of video footage which I'll probably post later, but have some pics for now.

Wubsy and Octavia

post-37-0-86092200-1398043671_thumb.png

Group Picture

Taken by me:

post-37-0-60576700-1398043714_thumb.jpg

Taken by someone else:

post-37-0-80494600-1398043765_thumb.jpg

Death by Dragon!

(Taken by someone else)

post-37-0-36736100-1398044716_thumb.pngpost-37-0-22209900-1398044721_thumb.png

Pony Tower

post-37-0-35766000-1398043930_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I've enjoyed my last moments of the game due to server ticks and game being unstable reason. The only things I did in the game was to get money, buy equipment, sit on the rooftop, hanged out with a friend, and look out for the dragon.

The only downside part I found out was heal which is that you can't heal yourself with it, but that's the important part of healing yourself than recovery items we get in the game. A Healer NPC would be nice to recover both HP and MP since we do have a hospital in the game.

This weekend was awesome! I got to see Wubsy, the brony musician otherwise known as DJ Pon-3/Vinyl Scratch, met up with some forum members, got murdered by a dragon, and even participated in a pony totem pole! I got plenty of video footage which I'll probably post later, but have some pics for now.

Wubsy and Octavia

Group Picture

Death by Dragon!

Pony Tower

I am quite jealous of your great time you had. I enjoyed being able to fly around but didn't accomplish nearly as much as you did. Bravo!!

Had to play the game on my moms computer, cause MLN (my little netbook) here wasn't gonna have any of it.

Complaints

-Lots of people had issue being timed out of the game. I got timed out a bunch of times during character creation alone. I had to get my character done in less than a minute in order to play.

-Server dissonnects... all over the f##king place.

-crashes, obviously.

-Servers also shut down with a large influx of people.

-Character creation doesn't allow for cut & paste, otherwise I would've just copied the source code for my OC. Also why I couldn't get any screencaps.

Now that my grievances are out. On to the fun stuff.

-Awesome graphics and detail. The environments stayed loyal to the show. Even had a day/night shift which was beautiful to watch.

-Music score was good to listen to. Never got old, although there was an issue with no music at sugarcane corner for a while.

-Movement worked out pretty well. Gallopign worked out, although it would be nice to have a walking feature. Flying worked for the most part The upward flying for pegasi was a bit odd, hovering up rather than taking off. Nothing some gliding and take off animations cant fix. But I did like how you never got fall damage. That way I could just reach my location and plummet to the ground like an airstrike.

All in all, it was a fun experience. They've come far and are gonna go even farther. Look forward to the improvements as well as whatever new content they come up with. All in a little over a year and a half as a nonprofit fan project.

I am concerned that Hasbro may C&D the game, since it is using the name Equestria. Maybe a slight name change, like Legends of Equis may solve this. I just don't want this game to be gone. It's come so far and has so much potential.

• Brohoof 1

I have to agree that I didn't have that much of a good time because of the server issues...on the last hours I also noticed I had been trying to track down a friend of mine, but not the one I wanted so I was quite pissed.

Here's some pics I took:

Dat shading O.o

Swarm of the changelings.

Fluffle Puff!

Lots of ponies.

One final meeting with Vinyl & Neon.

-Character creation doesn't allow for cut & paste, otherwise I would've just copied the source code for my OC. Also why I couldn't get any screencaps.

You know that CTRL+V works, right? Edited by -Vinyl Scratch-

Had to play the game on my moms computer, cause MLN (my little netbook) here wasn't gonna have any of it.

Complaints

-Lots of people had issue being timed out of the game. I got timed out a bunch of times during character creation alone. I had to get my character done in less than a minute in order to play.

-Server dissonnects... all over the f##king place.

-crashes, obviously.

-Servers also shut down with a large influx of people.

I may have to agree with those complaints and negatives, but there's 1 negative or complaint that I know about which was heal. The reason why is because you can't heal yourself with it and it can only heal others, but not yourself. Crashes aren't a problem for me unless it's bugs & Glitches. Server disconnecting constantly and unstable game is our biggest problem in the game, but also a complaint(s) and negative(s) that I found out during the gameplay.

At the last stress test, the game was stable enough, but after DDoS attack happened, they made up for players and compromised us with additional day of gameplay. That's what I remembered from the last stress test.

At the last stress test, the game was stable enough, but after DDoS attack happened, they made up for players and compromised us with additional day of gameplay. That's what I remembered from the last stress test.

There was another day of gameplay?

There was another day of gameplay?

Yeah, but that was on the last stress test. Just like I said on my last post, after DDoS attack happened, they ma de up for players and compensated us for additional day of gameplay. That's what I remembered. I was on that last stress test, but I have to wait a little longer.

Didn't read the responses but, isn't Hasbro going to jump on this game like white on rice or did they make it? I'm just now hearing about Legends of Equ. o.o

The creators and staff said they're doing things differently to avoid C&D, but I'm not sure how this will concerns us and the other players.

The creators and staff said they're doing things differently to avoid C&D, but I'm not sure how this will concerns us and the other players.

I see. It just would be a shame if this game got shut down or something...

Here's a few more pictures I wanted to share. I have some video footage too, but school is keeping me busy at the moment, so it may be a while before I upload it.

Just Sittin' at the Schoolhouse

post-37-0-91608700-1398313834_thumb.jpg

Clones

post-37-0-06013100-1398313880_thumb.jpg

Stack of Twins

post-37-0-67515400-1398313982_thumb.jpg

Another Pony Tower

post-37-0-46991200-1398314164_thumb.jpg

Saberspark (Not sure it's really him)

post-37-0-74232900-1398314268_thumb.jpg

Photo Ops With Fluffle Puff

post-37-0-98752500-1398314370_thumb.jpgpost-37-0-27165200-1398314451_thumb.jpg

Dragons and Timberwolves Take Over Cantermore

post-37-0-89341300-1398314486_thumb.jpg

Photo Op With Dragon

post-37-0-46216500-1398314583_thumb.jpg

Five Dragons in One Spot!

post-37-0-86761800-1398314657_thumb.jpg

Becoming One With the Fluffle Puff

post-37-0-43272200-1398314692_thumb.jpg

Oh my...

post-37-0-54485800-1398314764_thumb.jpg

Four Fluffle Puffs in One Spot!

post-37-0-29194100-1398314836_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been resuscitated, or at least a new one put in it's place.

LoE is back! August 8th midnight August 10th EST. Go to their site, download the version that works for you and get to trotting.

You'll have to wait a few hours to see me though as my new computer doesn't have torrent software for the 32 bit, and the 64 bit is bogged down w/ high traffic. 

If anyone's curious about what they've changed, here is all of the changes I've noticed so far. Haven't played too much, so there's probably more.

Added the Heartlands, which by the way, is massive compared to all the other areas they've added. It also has a small village with NPCs. They might add more stuff in future updates, but I can't say for sure.

img-2949613-1-P1JZVzo.png

Completely revamped the character creation :yay:

img-2949613-2-QMmQMAz.png

Dog eggs? (I've boxed it in red, in case you couldn't find it) Edit: If you put it in you hotbar and click on it, you get a pet dog :D

img-2949613-3-cKrSkNx.png

Also, no more butt-scooting bug, sadly. :(  Edit: I recently saw people doing this in SCC, so it's actually not out yet. I just haven't figured out how to do it.

Again, this is only the stuff I've noticed so far, and since I've only played for an hour or two, there's probably some more things that I haven't seen.

Edited by Sir Fluffernutter

I can not wait for this game! I've been following the project for a year.

I love the art, the engine choice, and a lot more. I will definitely be playing this game when its released.

Played one day out of the open server weekend and had a real good time. Got a raid together to go kill a dragon in the Evershade forest and we all got pummeled. Spent the rest of the night hanging around Ponydale and saw Flufflepuff. I play a lot of WoW so I'm reaaally excited for this. Hope there is raiding!