Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Legends of Equestria

Marshmallow

We had a thread for this game back when it was when the game was still called "Equestria Online", and we even had @@swebow, one of the main developers come into the thread and give us info and everything. But I haven't heard too much about it ever since they've changed the name to "Legends of Equestria"

It's basically an upcoming MMORPG made by a team of bronies. You can play as either an earth pony, a pegasus or a unicorn. Each will have different characteristics. There will be lots of quests etc. The game looks insanely promising in my opinion. And it's gonna be completely free too! :D

This is their official site: http://www.legendsofequestria.com/

So, what do you think? I for one will play the hell out of this game once it comes out.

Edited by Marshmallow
  • Brohoof 5

Look at what I have:

post-822-0-22789800-1345218655_thumb.jpg

:D

Won it at Galacon.

But enough showing off. I am looking forward to the game, even if I already raised my scepsis towards it on how much I will enjoy playing it I will definitely give it a shot. ( Flying around feels good! THe controls are rather easy )

• Brohoof 2

Question!

Anyone that were at Galacon and tried the game? What did you think? (Please don't talk about the spinning headbug ;))

Edited by swebow

OH MY GOD THIS LOOKS SO AWESOME. ONCE THIS COMES OUT I'M DEFINITELY MAKING MY PONY A PEGASUS NAMED SCOOTALOO.

Sorry but you will not be able to. That name will be locked.

We will have an X amount of names that we will lock so people cannot say they're that pony from the show.

• Brohoof 1

It wouldn't fly anyway :P

Also, I believe I am the only one who went to galacon on this forum.

I was at the panel, I also playtested the demo.

My opinion is still the same, it looks promising so far but PvE and no 'real' roleplaying kinda makes me reluctant. I will definitely give it a try. Chances are I will be pleasantly surprised.

This is so cool! I'm glad the development team got back together again, I'll totally be an earth pony ;)

We are still the same team. But except the leader that caused the split.

Wow!!! For a completely fan-made MMORPG, that looks quite impressive. I probably won't play it myself, but only because my gaming schedule is busy as it is. Hope its development goes well! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for possible old bump, but I think some people might enjoy this even if it's still in pre-alpha.

https://docs.google....K8dblG5L2g/edit (Next week as in this week!)

Eek!!

That is totally awesome! I can't wait to try that! Will all of the classes be available. And will all of the areas we've seen so far be accessible, or will we be limited to Ponyville? Either way, I can't wait to finally try the game myself, even though it's only for a weekend!

I hope the servers don't crash because of too much traffic, although that's probably pretty likely to happen. But I guess that's the whole point of a stress test.

You can go anywhere, where we can.

We got parts of EverFree (We're rebuilding it since the old one wasn't scary enough), parts of Canterlot, Ponyville, SAA, SCC, a gemmine and a bit more.

It's still pre-alpha, we just wish to do a stress test now :)

Im getting RO2 flash backs... god that was so bad.

but also this reminds me of the pony servers on second life.

not really gonna be interested until I see the guts of what you do in the world. from a social aspect and a gameplay aspect. I can replicate what has been shown so far with a log in from second life.

You can go anywhere, where we can.

We got parts of EverFree (We're rebuilding it since the old one wasn't scary enough), parts of Canterlot, Ponyville, SAA, SCC, a gemmine and a bit more.

It's still pre-alpha, we just wish to do a stress test now :)

will this game be usb controller and keyboard compatible?

I would like my hot keys, movements and general stuff... to be customisable onto a controller and the rest on a keyboard.

I dunno like the keyboard settings are hard-set

but you can custom commands on a controller.

Edited by ceresbane

will this game be usb controller and keyboard compatible?

I would like my hot keys, movements and general stuff... to be customisable onto a controller and the rest on a keyboard.

I dunno like the keyboard settings are hard-set

but you can custom commands on a controller.

Yes. You can swap your buttons etc. around.

Right now it's more a "social game" since we're still working on the other systems.

You can see here what we're working on for the Alpha (Checked once are finished).

Posted Image

Edited by swebow
  • Brohoof 3

Imagine the day LoE comes to its alpha stage....ever brony in the world will swarm over to the site to catch a glimpse of it.

I myself cant contain my excitement but luckily I have other pony games to keep myself occupied.

Alpha will be closed, sorry :(

But! The Beta will be open, for everyone! :D

The Beta will be more or less the complete game too. I have a sort of plan what we're going to do :)

EDIT: Updates regarding the weekend posted on our website

Edited by swebow

Hey guys, i just got a game called Legends of Equestria. It seems good, create your own pony... I might give it a try. I might make some videos. If anypony here wants the link just say so and i will send to you, also if you want be in a recording you can just ask. During the videos i will probably make a shout out to my favorite Forum. Which is MLPForums!!!! I can't wait to see you ponies on it. :)

• Brohoof 3