Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anybody else here like weight lifting?

Crutch

I know this may be a little stereotypical...but I'm just a little curious. Does anybody else around here do any weightlifting / bodybuilding? I actually love working out, (cardio and weight training), so I was wondering if there is anybody else out there that likes doing it too.

• Brohoof 3

I like to work out at the gym using the elliptical to run a few miles, and sometimes it's nice to use weights, but I don't particularly enjoy it, I just do it to build strength. I do enjoy cardiac running though.

Cardio keeps me sane. Sane and healthy. No matter what, I always try to run at least a couple of miles every day. It really does seem to help me to manage my stress level. It's also just plain enjoyable. :D

I also used to lift quite a bit, but then I managed to screw up my wrists with some lawn equipment (not to mention years of bad posture at a computer). I came down with a repetitive stress injury and I just wasn't able to continue weightlifting anymore - or much of anything else. I had it really bad; sharp shooting pains would travel from my wrists throughout my nervous system - even affecting my ability to actually walk at times.

That was back in April. Since then, I've had plenty of rest and I switched to using speech to text software to avoid the keyboard for these forum posts and skype chatting. I've also started doing daily wall push-ups so that I can slowly rebuild my upper body strength without causing any further injury. I still have periodic wrist pains, but I hope to get back into lifting within the next few months. My goal is to become a bodybuilder… Maybe even win a few competitions. =]

• Brohoof 3

I don't lift weights, but I thoroughly enjoy cardiac and muscular exercises. I also enjoy running like hell. I apologize if any of my terms were wrong, I'm a n00b when it comes to this stuff.

• Brohoof 1

Same here. I'm a little to cheap for gym memberships so I try to space it out by doing exercises for one specific muscle one day and then another set of exercises for a different muscle on a different day.

I love working out! Except the part where I push my self to lose consciousness, but other then that I'm pretty fine at lifting weight for my age. I adore running, and use it in sports. I'm like running at times, except it does get boring when doing long distance running when your running out of cool songs to play.

AND TO ALL THE PEOPLE COMPLAINING THEY'RE TOO CHEAP TO GET A MEMBERSHIP.....

Excuses, but he's very well defined.

• Brohoof 1

NO.

Haha I am very thin so it would be good if I went to the gym xD

But no. I am waaaay to lazy to do that. And.. no.. Just.. It's not my thing.

• Brohoof 1

I do every day for my football team. My favorites in the school gym would have to be bench (obviously :P ), lateral pull-downs and rows, and box squat. As a lineman, I need strong legs :)

No, I really don't, considering I've been forced in the past to. I'm a twig, so to speak, so it's been forced upon me once in a while. Either way, I'm glad if others enjoy it. It's healthy, I suppose XD

WALKING, though. THAT is the exercise ~

I lift weights every now and then. Exercising and me don't get along though. Wrestling made me like lifting weights more, but I really don't have the time to lift.

I LOVED weightlifting and I used to do it everyday, I got lazy over this summer and have stopped going all together. I think this thread has just re-inspired me to get back in there. Thanks everypony. :D

Can't really afford the gym membership so I just workout at home with what I got. Usually its push ups, crunches, chin ups, pull ups and running. Helps keep me in shape so it keeps me happy.

• 8 months later...

Haha I very much so. Everyday during school I go to the weightlifting room for an hour and just go all out. During the summer though, my friends and I team up and go to the YMCA or any good gym for that matter.

(edited)

I'm horrible at it, but yes I like it.

I'll be honest, the most I can bench is 80 pounds. I use 10, sometimes 15 pound dumbbells for curls, and that's about it.

I still think weightlifting is pretty fun.

Edited by Betez

I weight lift on Monday, Wednesday and Friday; but I also mess around with my brither's dumbbells on occasion.

I currently lift 60 lbs, and increase my weight after a couple weeks.

I am not a fan of original standing curls, but I do love hammer curls! Sitting/laying presses and deadlifts are also fun.

I try to get at least 2 hours of cardio everyday, except Friday(rest day).

Ever since I changed to a healthy diet and started to be much more active I became very happy.

I highly suggest exercising, you'll gain such an amazing self cofidence and your body will thank you. Even riding a bike an hour a day does wonders! :D

• Brohoof 1

Well...I don't like it, no, but I do it. Gotta get in shape. I generally divide my workout days between cardio days and lifting days, for efficiency's sake (that, and the whole "never work out the same muscle groups two days in a row" thing I hear everywhere). To be honest, I enjoy the cardio a lot more because I get to just run in one spot for an hour. Lifting, though, gotta walk around to the different machines, wait for random bungholes to stop hogging the ones I need to use...it's a pain in the flank.

But if there's any enjoyable part to my lifting days, it's the tasty protein shake I get to drink afterward. Mmmmm. Protein.post-14546-0-97483800-1368046610.png

• Brohoof 1

The best thing I've found for quick workouts is to run workouts in circuits to confuse your body into compensating for muscles you used in the last exercise. So if you just did an arm exercise, don't rest, just do a leg/ chest exercise then do another set of arms. You can do this with low weights and still get a good burn

I am into bodybuilding, albeit not that heavy because I am a mare. biggrin.png

Anyway your FIEND likes weightlifting, @Luna317??? Then you're in trouble, as a fiend could do something to you with his buns of steel. just kidding, I know you made a typo thereimg-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

i know who likes it this pony --->img-698027-1-Wing+Boner+is+now+Canon+.+S but my self i do not like weightlifting but i have a brony fiend how likes it