Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Twilight (Sparkle) Zone

Regality

Ok so I'm a huge fan of the original Twilight Zone series (you know the one from the early-60s), and wouldn't it be nice if a running-parody of it was done?

A few other shows, such as the Simpsons, have parodied it, and they could incorporate maybe one episode per every-other season, or something. It'd open with Twilight as the narrator, acting as Rod Serling, and proceed into a science fiction, or possibly even horror (but not too dark), themed plot.

Perhaps the first Twilight Sparkle Zone episode could be based around the Mane6, and the next could have something to do with a background pony, or maybe the CMC?

Please share your thoughts, suggestions, and criticisms about this idea.

~~

Posted Image

Image by kitsune-the-fox @ deviantART

• Brohoof 6

Surprisingly, a Twilight Zone reference might be a bit too esoteric for the general audience of MLP to appreciate. Children definitely wouldn't get the reference; then again, this is the same show that based an episode around references to 80s films ("It's About Time"---The Terminator and Escape from New York). If the writers managed to pull it off---referring shows and pop culture from decades ago in a well-placed fashion---then they will have accomplished something truly extraordinary.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303

I thought about this briefly some time ago. I like the sound of it. If they can do it right, then it would be worth the time.

Surprisingly, a Twilight Zone reference might be a bit too esoteric for the general audience of MLP to appreciate. Children definitely wouldn't get the reference; then again, this is the same show that based an episode around references to 80s films ("It's About Time"---The Terminator and Escape from New York). If the writers managed to pull it off---referring shows and pop culture from decades ago in a well-placed fashion---then they will have accomplished something truly extraordinary.

True; it'd be quite the site to behold to actually see a children's show, and one aimed at a target audience of 8 year old girls at that, pull off a Twilight Zone parody. But it would be a real treat for the older audience.

~~

Meh, I've seen other kid shows make references that only adults or people of the older audience would understand.

I can not tell you how much I love this idea. It just sounds like a very good way to open an episode, not only that, but it sounds like it would be a pretty good episode in general.

It would be only good if it were placed somewhere else besides the hub and targeted only for the older audience and not cannon. IE if they wanted to do a few scary clips and throw it on toonami that would be fine.

It would be only good if it were placed somewhere else besides the hub and targeted only for the older audience and not cannon. IE if they wanted to do a few scary clips and throw it on toonami that would be fine.

Well I believe it could be done effectively by the Hub, so long as it isn't too dark, and there would only be maybe 2 episodes spread out between seasons. But if it isn't possible, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it on another network, so long as they keep to the same quality we know and love.

~~

To be Honest idk if they would do a parody. Like i don't think they would do a whole episode, but making a reference to it would be cool to see and it would be amazing to see how they can pull it off. And seeing these writers i think they can pull it off. I just don't know how. =/

They could very easily adapt the episode "Nick of Time" as a Twilight Sparkle Episode. Sugarcube Corner could just get in a fun little "mystic seer" machine, that answers yes or no questions when you insert a one bit coin. Pinkie will talk Twilight into trying it just for fun. Twilight will argue that it's only a machine, and can't possibly tell the future. Well, she tried it. The first answer seems to fit the question quite well, so she tries it again. After a while, she becomes obsessed, and can't even make a simple decision without consulting the machine. Pinkie gets the rest of the mane six, and they manage to get Twilight to break free of the machine's spell. The Cakes then take the machine and throw it in the trash. The screen fades to black...

The screen irises back out again, and in the dark, we see Trixie, with hat and cape slightly disheveled and dirty. She's sitting on her haunches by the trashcan late at night, putting bit after bit into the "mystic seer", asking "Is today the day I will beat Twilight." "Am I still Great and Powerful?" "Will I ever have friends?"

• Brohoof 1