Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Review of new Rainbow Dash plush on Amazon

vikingerik

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Friendship-Magic-Figure-Rainbow/dp/B008PD0OG4/

So, a new Rainbow Dash plush appeared on Amazon. There was a post on Equestria Daily a few days ago mentioning that it seems to be from mysterious unlicensed Hong Kong origins. I bought one before seeing the ED post and realizing that. It came today and I figured I'd mention it here in case the note helps folks.

It came in a plastic wrapper with no labels or tags or anything. She DOES have a cutie mark, on only the left flank. Somehow the pictures on ED were taken with the wing at just the wrong angle to cover it. The cutie mark looks fine, except that it's flipped left-to-right (the red stripe of the rainbow-bolt should be towards Rainbow's front; on this one it's towards the back.)

The toy isn't very big, barely 10 inches tall from hoof to hair. The eyes and cutie mark are machine embroidered. It's made pretty well, sewn solidly and stands up on its own. As mentioned on ED, the wings are a bit weird, looking like leaves; my guess is that some other pattern was reused for this purpose.

So it's not perfect and certainly not up to quality with the best homemade plushies. But it definitely looks better than the Target ones and it will do if you really want a RD plush on the cheap. (There are several listings on Ebay asking $60 for what looks like exactly the same one for $38 on Amazon, so don't do that.)

...she is a half-blank flank! And she has leaf wings...I NO UNDERSTAND D:

Lawl, I'd stick with homemade plushies. Really, the quality of the existing official plushies is inexcusable. As an owner of several factory made mass produced plush toys, I know that the quality of Hasbro's plushes is not acceptable.

Edited by Bluebell

...she is a half-blank flank! And she has leaf wings...I NO UNDERSTAND D:

Lawl, I'd stick with homemade plushies. Really, the quality of the existing official plushies is inexcusable. As an owner of several factory made mass produced plush toys, I know that the quality of Hasbro's plushes is not acceptable.

Problem is, most homemade plushes seem to cost quite a bit, which I guess is understandable. But still, to be paying hundreds of dollars for an oversized plush is ridiculous.

~~

They're calling this new? This has been on Ebay and Amazon for several months. I got one over a month ago off Amazon for like, 45 bucks. Here's my thread talking about it, back at the end of July. And it's not like it had just come out then, I had been wanting it for at least three weeks prior to that, near the beginning of July, as well.

EQD is running a bit behind or something. That, or over two months is considered 'new' for some reason.

Ha, I even saw your thread when searching for RD plushes, and failed to put two and two together to see I was posting in the same place. Ah well, everybody has derpy days. :)

Mine has the mane less tightly wrapped than yours, so it doesn't look like it's choking her. And it's attached at the bottom by only a couple stitches; it looks like that could be cut for the mane to fly freely. I might try that if I can get up the courage.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, I even saw your thread when searching for RD plushes, and failed to put two and two together to see I was posting in the same place. Ah well, everybody has derpy days. :)

Mine has the mane less tightly wrapped than yours, so it doesn't look like it's choking her. And it's attached at the bottom by only a couple stitches; it looks like that could be cut for the mane to fly freely. I might try that if I can get up the courage.

Doesn't look like it's choking her when you look at the full thing, it's only on one side, cause of the wind is supposed to be blowing from the back :3