Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What is a movie that everyone likes but you dislike?

OkBuddy

Do you have a movie that everyone likes but you dislike? (Also a big thumbs up for akimBrony for the topic that inspired me to do this)

My example:

A movie that I disliked yet everyone loved is none other than The Hunger games. I mean, the movie felt kind of rushed, it was no where near as good as the book, and the movie was WICKED OVERRATED. Posted Image

So go ahead and post what movie you dislike yet everyone likes.

• Brohoof 3

E.T.

I never found it interesting, simple ast that. If I'm gonna watch an alien movie, I want them to be mean. That's why I like TS3, Battleship, War of the Worlds, ETC

Edited by akimBrony
  • Brohoof 3

"insert adjective here" MOVIE series

american pie (edit:) series

batman series

transformers(edit:) thrilogy

fast and furious (edit:) series

titanic

every superhero movie by marvel

the hunger games

and so on

and so on

basically every blockbuster nowadays really. it's like watching the same movie over and over again.

edit:

oh yeah

Edited by anonymstol
  • Brohoof 1

I feel like the more famous the Avatar movie got, the more I

disliked it, it felt like that movie borrowed from too many other famous

franchises and video games. For instance, call me paranoid but they had hornets

and hawks and vulture air units from the halo universe in there, and yet

they never got to tell the blue people why they were there? Pointless movie much?

An dont give me the "oh but the graphics". For anything, graphics don't make it special. The story does.

So yeah :)

-Icewing

Hmm not easy for me as I tend to like most things

Spiderman 3. I was hugely disappointed in how little Venom actually appeared in that movie.

I know right!! Venom should have been his own character, you know

without the whole alien possession thing to go along and give him purpose. Just

venom as the main baddie would have been way BA in my books, he had alot of potential!

But oh well /:

The first Lord Of The Rings movie. I found it extremely boring...I just wasn't interested in the characters or the story in general. The friends I went to see it with loved it, but I was just kinda annoyed I'd spent three hours sitting there watching it.

• Brohoof 1

I've never seen the original star war's trilogy, and my friends keep saying it's the best thing ever!

but I never really liked the last 3 and found them boring so I've never bothers to watch them.

I would have to say any movie with nicolas cage in it.

I like his movie ideas but his acting style could use some work. Like i think all the action in his movies are there due to his acting style.

The Nightmare on Elm Street remake.

I was bored out my skull watching it (and I tried to give it a chance), but given that I was able to correctly guess character lines before they said should show you how unimpressed I was with it.

No atmosphere, wooden acting, bland and clichéd characters, sub-standard story, extremely bad CGI and just far too long.

I once traumatised one little boy who told me it was the best one. I did warn him to walk away. I warned him. . .

In this day and age there is no excuse for a boring horror movie.

I have lots that I hated and people were obsessed.

-Twilight Saga ( I never liked the series, not cause...as what everyone calls the, gay vampires)

-Project X

-Lord of the Rings

-Star Wars

-Star Trek

-Highschool Musical (Well, at least back then when everyone obsessed, i never liked it)

-The Hunger games

-Toy story 3

-Cars (Not really a big fan, never took an interest)

Avatar (2009); I really don't care for that movie. The only positive thing I would have to say about it is the special effects are fantastic, but other than that I thought it had a garbage plot and mediocre acting. Just a very overrated meh film...

Another thing I hate is almost all horror movies these days (not including Foreign films). The acting is almost always terrible, and the plots are very predictable. Also, they are NOT SCARY!

~~

Edited by Regality

You can add me to the increasing list of people who disliked James Cameron's Avatar. I watched it just because I heard so many good things about it. It looked good, and the premise could have been good, but it was destroyed by plot contrivances and characters acting stupid, all for the purpose of getting "the message" across (which I disagreed with). I was mostly disappointed; I think if humans actually met another intelligent race, we would act much differently toward them than was depicted in the movie.

I've never seen the original star war's trilogy, and my friends keep saying it's the best thing ever!

I was once in that position; I eventually watched the original Star Wars trilogy, and I ended up thinking they were decent. The movies just seemed a lot less epic than I was led to believe based on their popularity and the sheer amount of Star Wars-related merchandise out there. Overall, they are good entertainment, but not life-shattering.

The avengers. I haven't seen it but it looks stupid.

It is, like you probably thought, another superhero movie, nothing more, nothing less. Okay entertainment, but definitely overrated.

I like how the creator of this thread thanks me for inspiring him to make this thread (Since I made the Which Movie You Like Yet Everyone Else Hates? thread), yet it probably has more posts and views than mine, which was made yesterday. That's mah fucking luck -_-..........oh well, no need to get butthurt over threads.

I've also never been interested in Back to the Future. I can't say I don't like it, but I just do not want to watch that movie at all

Edited by akimBrony

The Hunger Games wasn't really a movie I liked. It was just weird and it was very easy to know that the girl would survive because you got to follow her all the time I really like the original Battle Royale much better.

Also all the Toy Story movies. I don't see the big deal with them. There are more.. But my memory...

but I never really liked the last 3 and found them boring so I've never bothers to watch them.

I love the original trilogy, but the new ones just ticked me off. I don't know why people like them so much.

The Matrix. Not a Keanu Reeves fan. The best acting he did was in Bill and Ted, IMO.