Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts On Molestia

EpicApplejack

In my opinion the whole idea of Princess Celestia being a child molester is terrible! I mean how could one take something so innocent such as the main goddess of Equestria, and morph it into such a disturbing thought. I understand its all in fun, but now many a pony's mind has been tainted and now cant think of anything but Molestia when Celestia is brought up.

Well thats my opinion, anyone else care to add to it? Or perhaps dispute it?

• Brohoof 10

I don't have any problems with it, It's just a joke.

I've read Cupcakes and Rainbow Factory but It has not Affected my views on the ponies.

To me Celestia, Molestia, and Trollestia are three different Ponies.

• Brohoof 2

Personally I find Molestia to be a very funny character and I joke alot about her with a group of friends I have over skype. Then again, i am the kind of person who like dark themes, for example Grimdark, and I have nothing against joking around molestation. I am probably a horrible human being, but that will have to slide for now :ph34r:

Princess Celestia being a child molester

Well, not every Molestia art depicted her with fillies and colts :­o

I know some pieces of fanarts can be very disturbing, but it's very silly if someone can't differentiate fanon material and canon stuff.

For me personally, I like Molestia. If done well Molestia fanart can be rather good, as long as the artist didn't overdone it with 'dingding' and whatnot

• Brohoof 1

I acknowledge when people make references to molestia, and I even sometimes laugh at it. But I agree with the OP, it can get inappropriate, even if it's in good fun. I know its not on the same level, but I toss it with the Rule34 side of MLP because I am sensitive to affecting the way I look at ponies.

Trollestia is totally funny though.

I agree with you and think it's disgusting. It's sort of on the same level as people shouting RAPE online as a way to say OWNED. And it's sad because they don't care about the connotation behind molestation and rape and would rather shout it out for their own enjoyment than care about the true implications of the terms and who they could be talking to and effecting when saying such things.

And people say "it's just a joke", but what happens when a member of your family gets raped or molested? Do you really think you're going to keep seeing it as a joke?

• Brohoof 2

(opinion of someone who enjoys rule 34 MLP well humanized ,so take as you may )

i do not like the concept because it encourages rape culture and pedophilia which is wrong on many levels and when i go around looking for clopping material i don't want to find stuff of Celestia with the CMC its f :( ked up but i report and move on

now i'm getting out of here before some jerk crams "clopping is wrong" down my throat

I think its funny in a "wow this is messed up but it works" kind of way.

Although I will admit, it is kind of.... I dunno, wrong I guess to take an all ages series and perverse it, but hey, this is the internet, stuff like this happens, no biggie, as long as you keep the kiddies away from it. ;)

I haven't seen much stuff about Princess Molestia, and I'm honestly not interested in it... But creepy/dirty/twisted works involving the innocent characters of the show are everywhere...

*points at the Cupcake fanfic*

I recently learned to not get much shocked or disgusted with those things. Some of them, though, can really change our views on the characters sometimes... It depends on how ready you are to take them.

Edited by DrizzleSTAR

Taking something so innocent and good is the whole point. That is what makes it funny. That's why I like grimdark fics. I like when you take out "the opposite" of the character, like Cupcakes and Rainbow Factory. It's all for fun. Nothing meant to harm anyone. But if someone were to start posting pictures of Molestia raping fillies then it's not ok (most likely there are some out there unfortunately...)

Some might find the whole 'Molestia' thing to be in bad taste, but personally, I don't really think it's doing any harm. It's just another popular fad started by a fanfiction, like the 'Cupcakes' references you're bound to see on the long road to bronyhood. As long as it's all in good fun and not being used as ammo in some weird media skirmish, I'm happy...

Besides, I've seen Princess Molestia around these forums a few times. She's not so bad.....And I hope I read that just the way she wrote it before holding me at gunpoint..... :(

Well, it funny at time's disturbing at other's but yeah that's the internet for you.

I just hope people don't mention it around younger fan's that are also going to con's ect now days !

When was she a child molester? Last time I noticed she was molesting any any and everything above fillies.

Either, way I, myself, love the joke. Its quite hilarious. Yes, it can go a tad far, but I still find it pretty awesome. Molestia herself is pretty damn awesome as well.

hey guys...this sure looks like an interesting topic, what do I think of that sexy pony named Molestia?

well I am glad you asked!

she's awesome

The dashing princess is the result of free flow and a strong community. When corruption doesn't exists is the day that you should all fear that the fandom is finally taking its dying breaths. This is the internet and those who reside here and understand it have made it very clearly that EVERYTHING...everything...will be corrupted...no ifs...no buts...no exceptions. In the end you join the tally, because you mean something to someone and that a good enough reason as any to make a joke out of it. Morality doesn't exists here and as such nor does restrictions. Someone cared about the show, someone sliced a cake of their own humor of it, or even their own world of it-you might find it gross or disgusting but..well..it clearly wasn't made for you then-

Its wonderful, isn't it. Because of those lack of restriction both the best things and worst things spring to life, communities normally shunned, ignored or suppressed...like ours..can flow with not a single stone in the path way to stab our feet and gives us pause. A mind that pumps out a million stories, visions and loves...as well as hates. I love princess molestia..because she represent what I cherish most about the internet. The free flow of ideas...its the same reason I wield a affection to trolls and horrible fan fics...its just open.

Just a blank page for everyone to utilize, don't be surprised that one of the other artist on the board draws something you don't like or even something mocking that you like. It makes good discussion and drives a lot of motivation too...which continues the cycle of healthy mental diversity upon the wide old web.

Conflicts and diversity make humanity strong, in mind, perception, spirit and experience despite the normally bemoaned draw backs it brings us such as the morally questionable design of molestia to some people or the vanillia boredom that is put on to the more darker sides of the net. Molestia is an example of that constantly flowing diversity and your repulsion of it is also that of conflict. Diversity and separation in action. Maybe someone will see molestia and create something inspiring to the original celestia...and then people will refer to her as boring, a tyrant..and spice her up with their own twisted view or mocking one. Truly a cycle of ever lasting creation.

Molestia gets 9999/10 from me.

This thread also gets a 9999/10 from me too.

• Brohoof 2

This is something else that falls into the category of "people taking things on the internet too seriously."

Or I'm just a person who finds humor in terrible things.

Probably a combination of the two. *shrug*

• Brohoof 1

Some might find the whole 'Molestia' thing to be in bad taste, but personally, I don't really think it's doing any harm. It's just another popular fad started by a fanfiction, like the 'Cupcakes' references you're bound to see on the long road to bronyhood. As long as it's all in good fun and not being used as ammo in some weird media skirmish, I'm happy...

Besides, I've seen Princess Molestia around these forums a few times. She's not so bad.....And I hope I read that just the way she wrote it before holding me at gunpoint..... :(

not so bad? oh god... that's awful...I really have to step up my game. I think I've been a little too Trollestia and not enough Molestia...

I'll really give it my all in the future

thanks

• Brohoof 1

hey guys...this sure looks like an interesting topic, what do I think of that sexy pony named Molestia?

well I am glad you asked!

she's awesome

hmmmmmmmmm

I've got to agree with her on this, Molestia is a positive influence on this world, we should all strive to learn and live her ways!

I think of molestia, trollestia, and celestia as 3 different ponies.

I think molestia is funny

I think trollestia is even funnier

and celestia is meh, no wonder so many people created different versions of her

• Brohoof 1

This applies to most things on the internet for me, not just Molestia. But if I see too much of something, I don't rage about it, but I just kind of get sick of seeing it. Sure, it's funny for a little while, but after that it gets kinda annoying.

• Brohoof 1