Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why unicorns are the best.

I_wesley125

None of the three are better than the others. As we all know, each pony has one special talent, and that talent is what makes them great. It doesn't matter whether you're an Earth Pony, Pegasus or a Unicorn. What makes you a better pony would be based on how much magic you can generate through the power of Friendship. Honesty, Loyalty, Generosity, Kindness and Laughter; These are what make you a great pony, not whether you've got wings or a horn. A group of friends with these qualities combined, can create magic that not even the most powerful of Unicorns can even imagine.

And also, I'd give up my hands any day for the chance to be a Pegasus in Equestria. I personally would love to have a pair of wings, and the only magic I would need, is the Magic of Friendship ;)

This a hundred times. Given a computer, a unicorn can conceivably use it. I don't see how either of the other two pony types can.

When is the last time any ponies needed to use a computer? ;)

• Brohoof 3

To be honest, unicorns are far from overpowered in any way. You might say that they can do all types of magic and can make wings for themself and things alike.

They can't! It was explained that normally a unicorn can only do magic that has something to do with their special talent, but because Twilights special talent IS magic, she can do all sorts of stuff.

Edited by Lamii

If I was to be turned into a pony, you think I'd want to give up the ability to operate my own websites or write programs?

I seriously doubt you would :P In fact I'd assume you would be a Unicorn, whose special ability is creating the absolute best websites in the universe :lol: So, I would certainly hope you wouldn't want to give it up. Even if I did become a Pegasus as well, I'd manage to find some way of using a Computer, if only for this site ;)

Imagine how fast you could type if you DID have telekinesis. You might be able to clock in at around 1000 Words per minute ;)

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if this has been stated, I just entered this thread.

Although all of this information has been presented in the show already.

1) Earth Ponies are the only ones to be able to grow food, and there haven't been any unicorns stated to be able to grow their own food. Even if there were, there wouldn't be enough to feed a civilization.

2) The Pegasi are the only ones to be able to fly and control the weather, and just like for the Earth Ponies, there haven't been any stated unicorns who could fly with magic. And even if there were unicorns who could do so, there wouldn't be enough to constantly keep the needed weather all of the time, and remember that not everyone is a Rainbow Dash!!!

3) Unicorns are the only ones to be able to cast magic. Those with magic can usually only advance in a specific field of magic, so Unicorns can't always do everything.

As presented in Hearth's Warming Eve, all types of ponies have their own role in society to benefit everyone AS A WHOLE, and if one of them were to dissapear, ALL OF THEM WOULD EVENTUALLY DIE OUT!!!

So in other words, no one pony species is better than the next, but they're all important for the survival of each other.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if this has been stated, I just entered this thread.

Although all of this information has been presented in the show already.

1) Earth Ponies are the only ones to be able to grow food, and there haven't been any unicorns stated to be able to grow their own food. Even if there were, there wouldn't be enough to feed a civilization.

2) The Pegasi are the only ones to be able to fly and control the weather, and just like for the Earth Ponies, there haven't been any stated unicorns who could fly with magic. And even if there were unicorns who could do so, there wouldn't be enough to constantly keep the needed weather all of the time, and remember that not everyone is a Rainbow Dash!!!

3) Unicorns are the only ones to be able to cast magic. Those with magic can usually only advance in a specific field of magic, so Unicorns can't always do everything.

As presented in Hearth's Warming Eve, all types of ponies have their own role in society to benefit everyone AS A WHOLE, and if one of them were to dissapear, ALL OF THEM WOULD EVENTUALLY DIE OUT!!!

So in other words, no one pony species is better than the next, but they're all important for the survival of each other.

Yeah but I'm sure they are capable of learning how to grow food. Once they do, the other ponies can live on their own.

I don't think so, now imagine this being a game, more like a MMORPG, You need to be at least level 140 just to have wings for 5 hours and you would need like 4 trillion exp. just to reach that level, Twilight would probably be a level 360, but you know how boring that would be, I don't think any one would play till level 60 because it requires 10 million exp. and imagine how much you would need before that, probably be 30 million exp. I mean I would only play up to level 49 or 50, not to be mean, but doubt any one would even bother trying. If you ever played fiesta online, you would know what I mean.

Yeah but I'm sure they are capable of learning how to grow food. Once they do, the other ponies can live on their own.

1) The thing is that a vast majority of the unicorns can't. They need to specilize in growing food in order to grow their own food, as in they can't use magic to do other things. Plus, if the unicorns did that, their inability to use magic for other purposes will harm all of the other ponies and pony species. This won't mean death for everything, but it will cause a lot of unessisary problems if they were to just let the Earth Ponies do their thing.

2) If you were a unicorn, why would you waste your magic talent on growing food and other things earth ponies can do, when there's already a species of ponies that's already doing that... the earth ponies? I mean, given the option of doing any one form of magic, why waste it on something that's already being done by an entire species?

1) The thing is that a vast majority of the unicorns can't. They need to specilize in growing food in order to grow their own food, as in they can't use magic to do other things. Plus, if the unicorns did that, their inability to use magic for other purposes will harm all of the other ponies and pony species. This won't mean death for everything, but it will cause a lot of unessisary problems if they were to just let the Earth Ponies do their thing.

2) If you were a unicorn, why would you waste your magic talent on growing food and other things earth ponies can do, when there's already a species of ponies that's already doing that... the earth ponies? I mean, given the option of doing any one form of magic, why waste it on something that's already being done by an entire species?

Well yes any pony species on it's own would have a lot of issues but that doesn't change the way unicorns are best pony species :P

Well yes any pony species on it's own would have a lot of issues but that doesn't change the way unicorns are best pony species :P

So unicorns are better becuase they're wannabes, by having the insanely small chance of having their special magic talent be about flying or growing food? And again, not everyone is a Twilight Sparkle, so they can't just learn how to grow food and then learn another field.

And as I've somewhat stated (but not exactly), if the unicorns were to seperate themselves, not only would they harm themselves, but they would also harm the other races as well. So not only would being independant be selfish, but it would also be a d*ck move.

So unicorns are better becuase they're wannabes, by having the insanely small chance of having their special magic talent be about flying or growing food? And again, not everyone is a Twilight Sparkle, so they can't just learn how to grow food and then learn another field.

And as I've somewhat stated (but not exactly), if the unicorns were to seperate themselves, not only would they harm themselves, but they would also harm the other races as well. So not only would being independant be selfish, but it would also be a d*ck move.

Son, unicorns are best because Rarity is a unicorn.

nuff said.

• Brohoof 1

Son, unicorns are best because Rarity is a unicorn.

(youtube link here)

nuff said.

Although I would love to further this discussion, I fear that I would be getting off topic.

Although I would love to further this discussion, I fear that I would be getting off topic.

I don't think we should further the discussion with because there would be nothing to discuss except the reasons why Rarity is the best ;)

On topic, I like magic and dislike heights so I'd be a unicorn but I'd always thought it would be cool to be the weather maker. I know that pegasi can move clouds and make wind, but how do they make rain and snow?

I don't think we should further the discussion with because there would be nothing to discuss except the reasons why Rarity is the best ;)

On topic, I like magic and dislike heights so I'd be a unicorn but I'd always thought it would be cool to be the weather maker. I know that pegasi can move clouds and make wind, but how do they make rain and snow?

Don't make your introduction paragraph off topic from your body paragraph or I might start giving a bunch of reasons why rarity isn't best, there is no best in simple terms, just favourites.

Don't make your introduction paragraph off topic from your body paragraph or I might start giving a bunch of reasons why rarity isn't best, there is no best in simple terms, just favourites.

I wouldn't bother with these two. It's obvious that they're not using logic nor facts, but in a playful manner.

• Brohoof 1

Logic and facts, who needs logic and facts? I love and tolerate :) I love all the ponies. But I won't get into favorites because that would be beating a dead horse (or more appropriately, a dead pony I guess?). Although I guess why I think unicorns are best does kind of relate to why I like Rarity and Twilight the best of all. They are mystical and magical and although they aren't as mysterious in the show as they are in mythology, there is still some mystery about them. We haven't been shown the full extent of unicorn power and we don't know much about pony magic.

I'm with you 20%*5

Unicorns are the best. And I would very prefer being a Unicorn to anything else.

But Rainbow Dash is still my favorite pony.

Same

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see earth ponies as being the only one who can grow food. Anypony can plant a seed.

Earth ponies were reduced to serfdom in Pony Pre-history by the other two races. But that was BE (Before Equestria). Thats why they are traditionally farmers. Todays cooperation means a harmonious whole, and fits with the theme of the show.

I wouldn't really be surprised to see unicorn or pegasus farmers in a future show. we've seen earth pony royalty.

Frankly I think the inbreeding is resulting in magic showing up in other ponies. like Pinky and Fluttershy's eye.

That said, I agree that unicorns are the best ponies. and I don't know why its been raining on my house for the last three weeks...

Maybe I live too close to Everfree.

Edited by Silverhoof
  • Brohoof 1