Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why unicorns are the best.

I_wesley125

I agree that unicorn are a bit overpowered compared to the other races. But that's why I like them so much! ^^

But keep in mind that not all of the unicorns can fly. The spell that Twilight used in Sonic Rainboom to make Rarity fly was a very complex one and she was only able to pull it off because she is very talented with magic. But most unicorns wouldn't be able to perform such complex and advanced magic.

• Brohoof 2

Also, I don't see how Unicorns can fly in the sense that Pegasi can. I don't agree with your assumption. While magic can be used for flight, it is not a viable option. As seen in the series, it took a lot of magic to give Rarity wings. Magic that must be studied.

• Brohoof 1

I'm with you 20%*5

Unicorns are the best. And I would very prefer being a Unicorn to anything else.

But Rainbow Dash is still my favorite pony.

Also, I don't see how Unicorns can fly in the sense that Pegasi can. I don't agree with your assumption. While magic can be used for flight, it is not a viable option. As seen in the series, it took a lot of magic to give Rarity wings. Magic that must be studied.

I don't know if the Hub's Game is canon or not (you can play it on the MLP section of Hubworld) but you can most definitely get wings with magic. And it seems fairly effortless on Twilight's part.

If I were a unicorn, this would be the spell I'd master. Three cheers for over-powered pseudo-alicorn!

Unicorns can't really fly though. The only reason twilight could allow Rarity to was because she is the most powerful unicorn in all of Equestria (Princess Celestia is an Alicorn, not a unicorn) and even with her being that strong, it was difficult. Also, if you call Pinkies 'Pinkie Sense' nothing, then you need to rewatch some episodes.
  • Brohoof 1

Im here to completly disagree with this thread and all of its meaning. Earth ponies make equestria run without any wings, or horns. They are best for sheer determination alone, and im pretty certain that they dont care that they were born without wings or horns. And the spell Twilight used to make the others fly was very complex, she could only do it once, and that dident exactly end well did it? Pfft.

Yhea, unicorns are the best man! Go Twilight and Rarity, whoop!

As everyone has said countless times, Twilight Sparkle can only do so because her special talent is magic. Most unicorns, as said in a particular episode, can only utilize limited magic related to their special talent and from what I've seen, basic telekinesis. It takes a large amount of skill to create wings like Twilight Sparkle, which makes unicorns mostly balanced. Although I agree that their telekinesis does give them a particular advantage in manipulating things since ponies don't have hands.

Pegasi also are able to control the weather and move clouds, in addition to flying and walking on them, which is something we have not seen unicorns do.

As for earth ponies, everyone seems to say: "WHAT CAN EARTH PONIES DO THEY ARE USELESS" Earth ponies are probably the most useful, they just don't have any pretty sparkly special powers that everyone likes like the other ponies. Their special connection to the earth, as seen in the Hearth's Warming Eve episode, allows them to grow food relatively quickly and skillfully which is extremely important to living. They probably also (with the exception of Fluttershy) have more of a connection to animals. This seems mundane, and makes everyone question what they can do, but earth ponies are extremely vital to life in Equestria.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
  • Brohoof 3

As everyone has said countless times, Twilight Sparkle can only do so because her special talent is magic. Most unicorns, as said in a particular episode, can only utilize limited magic related to their special talent and from what I've seen, basic telekinesis. It takes a large amount of skill to create wings like Twilight Sparkle, which makes unicorns mostly balanced. Although I agree that their telekinesis does give them a particular advantage in manipulating things since ponies don't have hands.

Pegasi also are able to control the weather and move clouds, in addition to flying and walking on them, which is something we have not seen unicorns do.

As for earth ponies, everyone seems to say: "WHAT CAN EARTH PONIES DO THEY ARE USELESS" Earth ponies are probably the most useful, they just don't have any pretty sparkly special powers that everyone likes like the other ponies. Their special connection to the earth, as seen in the Hearth's Warming Eve episode, allows them to grow food relatively quickly and skillfully which is extremely important to living. They probably also (with the exception of Fluttershy) have more of a connection to animals. This seems mundane, and makes everyone question what they can do, but earth ponies are extremely vital to life in Equestria.

This!

Most unicorns will only learn a couple spells. They are Telekinesis and spells that have to do with their special talent. Twilight is one of the most powerful unicorns around, and giving Rarity wings exhausted her. I seriously doubt that all unicorns can fly.

Personally, I think I like the pegasi best, but only by a tiny bit.

The way I see it Earth Ponies live with nature, Pegasi are a force of nature, and unicorns bend nature to their will.

Edited by Slendermane
  • Brohoof 1

And as for Rainboom, that is the baddest ****ing rainbow I've ever seen.

Have to agree with ya there man!

As for the topic, each character seemes to use their physical characteristics to their advantage when it comes to their special talents. So depending upon what type of pony they are, they tend to adapt based upon talents, and they can all be the best in their own way :P Ik it sounds cheesy though xD

• Brohoof 1

I don't see how this is even a question.

Earth pony's cant really do anything, Pegasuses pony's can fly, Unicorns can do magic and fly.

How is this even a question?

Earth Ponies ARE THE MOST SUCCESSFUL type of Pony in all honesty. They are incredibly strong naturally, allowing them to farm and farming is the basis for any civilization. Not to mention that their adaptation rate is much higher than Pegasi and Unicorns because they can't solve their problems with Magic or Flying.

Pegasi aren't all fast like Rainbow Dash.

Only the Alicorns and Twilight Sparkle can cast strong magic. All unicorns specialize in one class of magic. Like Rarity can search for gems and levitate smaller objects with near perfect precision, probably even better than Twilight.

Although I agree that their telekinesis does give them a particular advantage in manipulating things since ponies don't have hands.

I agree that unicorns are the best mainly for this reason. I'll put it this way, I'd rather have hands than wings and unicorn magic basically gives them hands.
  • Brohoof 1

No one's said this yet? Alright, it's up to me.

because they're always horny

Get it? Giggidy.

That is why they are best x)

Also because Rarity is a unicorn, therefore unicorns are best pony type.

• Brohoof 2

Also because Rarity is a unicorn, therefore unicorns are best pony type.

This is true. Also, they're not uncouth ruffians like those brutish pegasi.
  • Brohoof 2

Only the Alicorns and Twilight Sparkle can cast strong magic. All unicorns specialize in one class of magic. Like Rarity can search for gems and levitate smaller objects with near perfect precision, probably even better than Twilight.

Let's not forget the fantastic light show Rarity put on for Hoity Toity. ;)

I agree that unicorns are the best mainly for this reason. I'll put it this way, I'd rather have hands than wings and unicorn magic basically gives them hands.

This a hundred times. Given a computer, a unicorn can conceivably use it. I don't see how either of the other two pony types can.

• Brohoof 1