Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy Hooves vs. Ditzy Doo

DottyDoo

I personally like the idea of Ditzy being her real name and Derpy Hooves being her nickname. Plus, while most of the names in the show are anything but subtle, I do think actually having the last name 'Hooves' is a bit too on the nose even by this show's standards; as a nickname though, it works 'cause she has derpy hooves, hence why she would let an entire piano fall to the ground.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not annoyed at Hasbro, but I'm very annoyed at the people who are happy about this change. It was made for all the wrong reasons. I know that my next point will cause some of you to roll your eyes and think less of me, but South Park made an excellent episode on this issue (Timmy 2000).

For anyone who doesn't like me comparing South Park to MLP, I'd point out that this is the show with the lines, "We into equality (and all the gay ****)". Yes, one show is for adults and the other is for kids, but does that mean that the lesson that disabled shouldn't be ignored or sheltered should be disregarded?

Tell me that no one talks like Derpy did.

Tell me that no one would have her eyes.

Tell me that no one could be that clumsy.

Tell me how badly mistreated she was in Ponyville.

Tell me how unrealistic Rainbow Dash acted in them working together.

Tell me how unfeasible that these three traits could be found in a single person (or fictitious cartoon pony)

Now tell me that the right thing was done in what happened to Derpy Hooves.

• Brohoof 1

I really liked how Lauren Faust had actually called the pony Derpy, and included her more often (though I thought it would have been a male pony). It felt like she was reaching out towards bronies, which made her, like, 20% cooler in my opinion.

I really did like Derpy Hooves much more, not just her character but the name too. Ditzy Doo does sound cute.. but really, Daring Doo, Ditzy Doo.. they really like their double D's. :P

I also don't agree that they should of changed her. I've seen a lot of "derpy" characters on cartoons who were much worse.

I've kinda always called her Ditzy as WWU lead me to believe.

Now, calling her Derpy seems like a bit of a nickname for whenever she does something especially 'Derpy'

Besides, I wrote a story for an English assignment using Ditzy Doo, that's what I now call her (Old fanboy FTW!)

Buttercup? Nah, that sounds like one of the flower sisters.....Muffin Queen sounds alright though......

-Joe-

Buttercup honestly sounds like the worst name possible for her that I've ever heard. Her cutie mark is bubbles, she isn't a Power Puff Girl..

I simply couldn't imagine having a pony named Buttercup and not two named Bubbles and Blossom too.

If anything I'd rename her Bubbles over Buttercup.. though they both sound highly unoriginal, especially from a show by Faust. :s

I'm partial to Derpy Hooves and that's how I'll refer to her, but iirc, Ditzy Doo sounds much more like a name you'd expect and stuff, lol. Fits in better.

So I'm cool with either. But Buttercup is lolno.

• 4 weeks later...

Derpy Hooves and Ditzy Doo really mean the same thing (Well, At least the 'Derpy' and 'Ditzy' mean the same thing) IDC about her name. But the eyes and voice, I almost cried. Oh well, she is still the pony we know & love. <3

Buttercup?

That's never been a name for her except maybe in a fanfic.

I think you are referring to bright eyes. Bright eyes being the original replacement for the name Derpy hooves if people didn't want to "make fun of Derpy." Then Ditsy can along.

I used to prefer Ditsy, but I prefer Derpy now.

The main thing about the Ditzy vs Derpy war, is that I don't think most people would have minded that she was named Ditzy if she hadn't been given that Derpy shout out and then have it taken away. That was the biggest thing that made people upset, was not that she's named Ditzy but that they took the Derpy name away.

• 1 year later...

I have recently been reading fan-fics mostly about ditzy/derpy and I have been liking Ditzy more and more. :muffins:

The reason that I like Ditzy is becouse that I read a story called  "Ditzy Doo's Dismally Derpy Day" and that gave a great explanation to why I like Ditzy more than Derpy. :derp:

So now I ask you. Witch do you prefer? :D

Derpy hooves or Ditzy doo

Edited by crysal
  • Brohoof 1

It was never confirmed that the pony in Winter Wrap Up was the Derpy we now know of.  She was never shown on screen but did do something derpy, but that doesn't mean the two are one in the same.

Because of this, Derpy is Derpy and never was Ditzy in my eyes. Who knows, maybe Derpy has a ditzy sister :P

Ditzy Doo. I find it has more character to it, and it sounds a bit cuter to my ears as well.

(This personal preference has nothing to do with the fact that she is my waifu, and I prefer to call her Ditzy, when everyone else calls her Derpy.)

derp___lie_hooves__by_necromanteion-d4d6

EDIT: Actually, it has everything to do with that.

I'm a terrible liar, sorry about that.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur
  • Brohoof 1

I am okay with either name, but I know the sensitivity police will try to censor her name Derpy, like they did when she spoke in "The Last Roundup", yet I call her Derpy Hooves, I just don't like it when overly sensitive people try to bend the law in their advantage, and enforce sensitivity on everyone, if you don't like the name Derpy the powers of choice demand you turn away, I like her name Derpy and there is no offence tied to that name, I think people should just let others have fun, rather than control speech, for Derpy Hooves I stand by her.

Edited by Emperor Peter