Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one who thinks the writers did...

Arcanel

Something a little strange in the last episode of Season 2, Canterlot Wedding Part 2, by putting the less cheesy and more action filled scene of the show, the fight with the changelings,and the the MOST cheesy part of the show, the "Beating evil with love" thing almost back to back? I mean, I honestly think that should have been done backwords or at least not back to back. When I think it through, it just seems a little...weird, for some bizarre reason to me. Don't take me wrong, I absolutely LOVED Canterlot Wedding in its entirety from second 1 to second 44 something. But...I dunno...seems just a TAD unusual. But eh, it's just my opinion.

I think they quickly moved from an awesome fight scene to a cheesy scene, just to lighten the mood, for the ending. The story was slowing down, and then they defeated Chrysalis with their love. So it was pretty smart on their part.

• Brohoof 4

It made sense, they had to fight through the changelings to get to the Elements of Harmony, but got captured anyway, so they had to come up with some failsafe, which just happened to be cheesy yet surprisingly awesome(we're blasting off again!). :huh:

I would have liked it better if Luna, Vinyl, Octavia, Lyra, Bon-bon- Derpy, Doctor whooves, All the wonderbolts, The sea serpent from the second episode, and the dragon from Dragonshy all came and fought the changelings buying the mane 6 time to get the elements. After that I would have made it so that the changelings were just to strong and all of them just couldnt win. Right when it all looks like its over BAM Discord shows up and saves the day with his chaos magic. This would make more sense because the Changelings could feed off the love in the fight but since Discord doesnt love Equestria AND he uses chaos the changelings wouldnt be able to feed off anything and would be swept by Discord. After that he would battle Chrysalis WITH Celestia and once they both win Discord becomes a permanent character and then we get the cheesey wedding scene.

Anyone else think it should have ended this way?

• Brohoof 2

I would have liked it better if Luna, Vinyl, Octavia, Lyra, Bon-bon- Derpy, Doctor whooves, All the wonderbolts, The sea serpent from the second episode, and the dragon from Dragonshy all came and fought the changelings buying the mane 6 time to get the elements. After that I would have made it so that the changelings were just to strong and all of them just couldnt win. Right when it all looks like its over BAM Discord shows up and saves the day with his chaos magic. This would make more sense because the Changelings could feed off the love in the fight but since Discord doesnt love Equestria AND he uses chaos the changelings wouldnt be able to feed off anything and would be swept by Discord. After that he would battle Chrysalis WITH Celestia and once they both win Discord becomes a permanent character and then we get the cheesey wedding scene.

There's no way that could have ever happened. However, it would be undeniably awesome. Maybe a fan-made video could acheive this. B)
  • Brohoof 1

I would have like to have seen Luna SOMEWHERE in the fight. Like, the Mane Six get surrounded and Luna flies in to save the day. That would have been so cool. I guess it was cool to see the Elements of Harmony NOT being what saved the day.

• Brohoof 1

There's no way that could have ever happened. However, it would be undeniably awesome. Maybe a fan-made video could acheive this. B)

I think it could have happened. In fact im almost positive that if they didnt do the original scene that would have been done instead... Lol Can you imagine if it did happen??

I think it could have happened. In fact im almost positive that if they didnt do the original scene that would have been done instead... Lol Can you imagine if it did happen??

Among other things, I think the changelings were causing a lot of chaos, and if anything, Discord would have joined their side of the battle. :P

Among other things, I think the changelings were causing a lot of chaos, and if anything, Discord would have joined their side of the battle. :P

I dont think he would have. He never actually hurt anypony he was in it for shits and giggles. They werent causing Chaos they were just mobbing Equestria if anything he would say. "No no. Your doing it wrong." And THEN cause his own Chaos.

I dont think he would have. He never actually hurt anypony he was in it for shits and giggles. They werent causing Chaos they were just mobbing Equestria if anything he would say. "No no. Your doing it wrong." And THEN cause his own Chaos.

Meh, opinions. B) Perhaps he could have unintentionally helped the Equestrian population with by causing his own chaos, making it harder for the changelings to continue their attack, but we're getting waaaay out there in terms of speculation now. :lol:
  • Brohoof 1

Umwhat?

That is way too epic to make sense, lol.

But I agree that it would be incredibly awesome if Discord returned in a future episode as an ambiguous (regarding whether they're a villain or hero) character, that would be too amazing for words.

Something a little strange in the last episode of Season 2, Canterlot Wedding Part 2, by putting the less cheesy and more action filled scene of the show, the fight with the changelings,and the the MOST cheesy part of the show, the "Beating evil with love" thing almost back to back? I mean, I honestly think that should have been done backwords or at least not back to back. When I think it through, it just seems a little...weird, for some bizarre reason to me. Don't take me wrong, I absolutely LOVED Canterlot Wedding in its entirety from second 1 to second 44 something. But...I dunno...seems just a TAD unusual. But eh, it's just my opinion.

Your avatar sums up my reaction to your post pretty well. I think you're overthinking it. Plus, the "action filled" part can be viewed as cheesy, depending on whom you ask.

Your avatar sums up my reaction to your post pretty well. I think you're overthinking it. Plus, the "action filled" part can be viewed as cheesy, depending on whom you ask.

Eh, you're more than probably right. It was just something that I had in my head that I HAD to get out of it. I dunno why but...for some reason it seemed weird. Of course, doesn't I didn't love it. Hell, The whole two parter is one of my fav episodes. Also, you're right. The action part COULD have been put as cheesy...but given the show we're talking about, you know, it was more or less surprising, don't you think? (No, i'm criricizing or anything. But honestly, how many of us was expecting the epic changeling fight?)

Eh, you're more than probably right. It was just something that I had in my head that I HAD to get out of it. I dunno why but...for some reason it seemed weird. Of course, doesn't I didn't love it. Hell, The whole two parter is one of my fav episodes. Also, you're right. The action part COULD have been put as cheesy...but given the show we're talking about, you know, it was more or less surprising, don't you think? (No, i'm criricizing or anything. But honestly, how many of us was expecting the epic changeling fight?)

Well, given the show we're talking about, "defeating evil with love" isn't really all that cheesy IMO, is it? It's a cliche more than cheesiness, I'd assume. Cheesy isn't a bad thing though, if the fact that something is cheesy doesn't bother you. This is coming from someone who loves and grew up with the plot of Star Fox 64 :D

Well, given the show we're talking about, "defeating evil with love" isn't really all that cheesy IMO, is it? It's a cliche more than cheesiness, I'd assume. Cheesy isn't a bad thing though, if the fact that something is cheesy doesn't bother you. This is coming from someone who loves and grew up with the plot of Star Fox 64 :D

Touche...guess I need to redifine my meanings of "cheesy" and "cliche". Or something like that, I'm not sure. Anyway, I approve of that paragraph! ;)
  • Brohoof 1