• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

:blink:

*gets on youtube*

*finds discord going to the store*

48 seconds later...

WIN!

I about pissed myself. That made my day haha.

Hey can you put on here, craptube is keeping me from watching it. (F*** you youtube!)

• 1 year later...

Meh, I think it's still fine. I personally think the new layout is fine but the annoying pop-ups to connect youtube to google is really annoying. I mean...REALLY annoying. It offered to let me change my username, but when I did, it signed me out and didn't let me log in for over 2 hours...I wasn't amused...

• Brohoof 4

I don't think it's getting worse but the constant page and channel layout redesigns annoy me as I get used to one only to soon have to get used to another. They need to give more warning on redesigns.

• Brohoof 2

It depends on what you're talking about. Worse can describe a lot of aspects of the site.

As for the new design, I think the look of it is fine. I miss having personalized colors, but meh. Not important. The only thing that really bugs me about the design is that people's videos aren't in pages anymore. So rather than loading small chunks of information, you have to load a ton until you get to what you want. For someone with a slow computer and slow internet, that's incredibly obnoxious. I like to browse through people's videos, but because all the information is on one page, it gets to be annoying to do even that much. Also, I hate that they got rid of the inbox function on the toolbar. And it wouldn't be so bad if they actually notified you as to when you have new messages, but they don't. So every time you wanna check your inbox, you have to type in the URL manually. And for bigger name Youtubers, I could see where it would be convenient not to be bothered every two seconds, but that's not the majority of Youtubers. Why not give people the option to remove it from their toolbar?

As for content, Youtube's kinda taken an unfortunate turn. The most popular Youtubers take up the entire spotlight and make it difficult for newcomers to break through. And the most popular Youtubers are often (though, not always) popular for no real reason. They don't make points, educate their viewers or even add any kind of entertainment value. Why they're popular, I have no idea. And the people who actually are trying to make a substantial channel with rich material can't break through because of them. Again, this isn't always the case, but often, it is. I find myself a fan of many underground Youtubers for that reason. I like what I like and I don't like crap. That doesn't mean you can't find good stuff anymore, though. You just have to know what you wanna see and know how to find it.

The community is an atrocity. It's basically an insult to humanity. I don't even wanna comment on videos anymore because of the hoards of assholes that lurk around. And reading people's comments can be just as bad. There is so much unwarranted disrespect that goes on it's not even funny. I can't stand most of the commentators on Youtube. They're just... horrible.

So, you can find good stuff and the design is meh. I wouldn't say Youtube is awful. I wouldn't even say that it's necessarily worse. It's just different than it used to be. With that has come both some good stuff and some bad stuff. Just because I don't like some of the content or some of the people doesn't mean I don't like Youtube. Youtube's great, even if some stuff has changed. 

Edited by Clover Heart

I've been through a lot of changes and Youtube isn't really getting better or worse. It's kind of annoying they change it all the time but meh, I don't really care. I still remember the original 2005 Layout though, good times.

Also, regarding the amount of ads. I use Adblock on Youtube so there aren't any ads for me. I don't really care if people lose money. Money is a stupid invention anyway.

I honestly have no opinion either way but since I like arguing, here ya go.

scratch that, I have one opinion. I know what to watch youtube, don't bring me to the what to watch page.

JUST GO STRAIGHT TO MY SUBSCRIPTION FEED

sheesh

anyways

videos buffer all the time, the site is becoming too complicated, and ads are ruining even further

I think this is just people trying to find something to complain about. People would probably like to say MLP is getting worse because of Twilicorn (which is still a term I dislike since "corn" constitutes the third syllable in both "unicorn" and "alicorn"), but that dead horse has been beaten to a pulp. If videos are buffering too much it's because your internet is slow, the site, at least from what I can see, hasn't been taking any more time to buffer videos of the same resolution and length given the same internet speed on the recieving end. I think this particular point is just videos getting longer and higher res while your internet connection stays the same (or an outdated NIC in your PC). The site has actually been made less complicated by the layout changes in my opinion, and anybody who had never seen youtube before would most likely have an easier time learning the various functions of youtube in the newer layouts rather than older ones. I think this is more likely a complaint that people have already learned the old layouts and now have to relearn the new ones, but the new ones are similar enough that that's not really a valid argument either. Advertisements aren't really that bad, and keep in mind that on most videos there are skip buttons for the ads. Not to mention, advertisements are keeping some really good videos from getting removed based on copyrighted content. if copyrighted content is found in a video, I believe the copyright owner can decide whether to have the video removed or monetize it, meaning they would receive the ad view money from the video rather than the original uploader. Also, has anybody even seen mobile youtube recently? It's been far improved since its first release and is now far more smartphone friendly. In fact, I think most of the full youtube layout changes are to keep regular youtube in sync control, function, feature, and design wise with the phone version, therefore making the process of using youtube more streamlined.

As for content, Youtube's kinda taken an unfortunate turn.

Most of what you said in this particular paragraph in my opinion refers to a factor of youtube that can't become truly worse unless Youtube staff start modifying views on videos to make certain channels artificially popular, which I haven't seen yet. Frankly if a channel becomes popular, it means a lot of people want to watch that channel's videos, meaning overall it can't really harm Youtube since channels with no reason to be popular in the eye of the majority will no longer maintain popularity. I honestly think this system is still about the best way of going about things, except for maybe having a way of submitting videos without releasing your channel name so that high subscriber channels and low subscriber channels have an equal chance, then being able to release the channel name at a later date. 

Youtube has been getting worse and worse quality and community comments went from "This video was very disturbing" to "DAFUQ DID I GUZT WACHED" and videos went from Good qualitiy videos to rick rolls
Youtube has always been like that, you merely hadn't been to that part of youtube yet. If you think rick rolls are becoming MORE common in 2013... they aren't. They've been on decline for a while from what I can see.  Edited by TwilizzleFoShizzle

Yes absolutely, Google buying out Youtube was the worst thing that ever happened to it. The layout is needlessly complicated, I can barely even figure out how to go to my fragging inbox for crying out loud (thank god for e-mail notifications). There are way way way too many ad's, that make me want to boycott the products rather than buy them. It has become so commercialized that it is now nearly impossible for your average user to actually get featured, don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with big companies being on there but it is a little unfair for their stuff to be featured. And while I realize Youtube has to follow the law they have made it nearly impossible to dispute copyright claims.

• Brohoof 2

I think it is getting worse. One major reason I believe it got worse is because of Google. Youtube was doing well before Google decided to stick its nose where it didn't belong.

• Brohoof 3

I don't mind the latest layout much, but as someone who's starting to get into Gmodding, I think my biggest complaint was when they recently removed video responses. You can't directly respond to Garry's Mod collabs or fads anymore, so how are your videos, and possibly even your whole channel, even going to get noticed?

It could also help if they edited the inbox so it would separate comments on your videos and replies to comments you make.

Edited by Mars Brownie

I almost never visit YouTube; consequently, pretty much every time I go there, there's a new design. I have no interest in making videos of any kind, so channel navigation isn't a problem. 

Basically, I can still search for and find what I want with ease, so design is not currently a problem.

It's always getting worse the more they update the worse it gets, it's like a lot of things. Facebook has gone to heck, IOS 7 has gone to heck, the new tab 2 android software (not sure which version) has gone to heck, I don't see why people have to change something good.

• Brohoof 1

>goes on youtube

>wants to see replies to previous comments

>spends two days trying to find the inbox

>accidentally clicks video manager

>finds inbox in video manager

>screams internally

and they're removing controversial vids and got rid of the controlled video responses

so yes, its gone to shit 

scumbag youtube. Ads longer than some of the vids themselves xD.

My main gripe is the Ads. usually the same 2-3 repeated over and over. so annoying if i'm playing from a playlist i've made.

scumbag youtube. Ads longer than some of the vids themselves xD.   My main gripe is the Ads. usually the same 2-3 repeated over and over. so annoying if i'm playing from a playlist i've made.  

You can use adblock to get rid of the ads if you want. 

In my opinion I don't mind YouTube at all really. It's still one of my most visited sites though the only thing I don't like is that they are removing the video response feature. 

• Brohoof 1

I have to agree that it's declining in quality, but eh, everything decays. I don't really mind the new layout, and while I agree that the ads are annoying, my biggest gripe is being constantly asked if I want to use my real name instead of my username. I'm still just a stranger at the end of the day, who the heck cares?

• Brohoof 1

The newest layout bugs me more than the rest, stupid youtube decided to split everything in my account between two accounts so I have all my subs on one of the accounts and all of my playlists on a second unwillingly -_- and it only happened when they released the new layout so i'm blaming it

Their new layout is somewhat odd and it's hard to find some things.  I still have old subscriptions that the accounts no longer exist popping up on my list even though I've long since un-subscribed to them.  Just a minor annoyance but it really gets in the way of the subscriptions that I still have...

YouTube: You can't delete your own comments anymore, you can't set your account to refuse incoming hordes of stupid replies when you make one bad joke anymore, you can't delete your account anymore without your G-Mail going with it, the place has become infested with ads, you can't privatize your own channel anymore, and getting help from them is like asking the DMV to skip the paperwork. OMFG why do we still put up with it?!

Some of the changes they have made recently to subscribers page and trying to find there most recent videos is very annoying and makes it much more clunky to find what you want  (in general) despite being more aesthetically pleasing.

However I have never had a problem with watching videos and youtube rarely throws wobblies now that I have good internet.

They will always be trying to make stuff better :), and changes will happen that people don't like but overall I don't think its really getting any worse.

I think the hating on the recent designs is just ridiculous.

In 2012, there was a new design. Everyone hated it.

In 2013, there was a new design. Everyone missed the 2012 one.

/logic