MLP:FiM - Season 1 DVD Box Set

Somebody

Here it is! It's finally here!! :D

The long-awaited DVD release of Season 1! And it's $25! That's really really cheap for a DVD set, especially when most season sets are $60 or more.

It's even set to have audio commentaries! I know it's not a Bluray, but seriously, could it get any better than this!? This is a gift to the bronies, people! :wub:

Posted Image

It'll be out in December. They're testing the waters with this. If people buy this, we're sure to get an HD release! Everypony please buy this! :D

Amazon pre-order page.

• Brohoof 12

I want to buy it but it's Amazon exclusive... I got nothing against Amazon but I can't buy from any site that doesn't accept paypal. If only I could have my own credit card... Well, maybe I can convince my father...

I would totally buy it if I can. I hope this means season 2 will get one too since it's my favorite season so far :)

• Brohoof 1

It's Amazon only? NOOO! I may no be able to buy it, then!

Oh, no, this sucks!

I'll try, this would make my life that much happier...and if there's a S2 one...

• Brohoof 2

This is so cool. I knew they had to make a complete set soon and it's so cheap. Now I kinda wish I did not buy the first two disc they released. Their cool, but now I am going to have 2 sets of the episode.

Still I well buy it when it comes out.

Shout factory is relasing a season 1 DVD set to America, with comentary and all that other stuff, much to the joy of all those who complained about Australia getting a box set.

I live in Australia. Our position with the DVD may be currently better than Europe, but I bet we will end up with the worst deal, madman might not realise them in a single pack and the horrible pricing, oh god the pricing. What annoys me is that all the people who complained about Australia getting a box set were saying that Australia alwayes gets the best things, wrong, we are always getting ripped off and shafted. I'm still hoping madman releses it all on a single DVD with all the content the USA is getting.

Guys, if you don't have a credit/debit card, just buy one of those Mastercard/Visa/American Express gift cards that they sell wherever they sell a plethora of gift cards to other places with the numbers on them and use that for your Amazon account for the DVD.

It's not a terrible thing if you don't have an actual credit or debit card. There are ways around that.

• Brohoof 4

Hmmmm...while I would love to get it, I just don't really buy DVDs anymore. I think that I'll probably just stick to Netflix for now for my pony needs. Plus, Netflix has the yummy HD ponies :3

Doesn't look like its coming out on UK version of Amazon unfortunately (not yet anyway) :( guess I'll have to stick to youtube for all my pony needs.

You can still use the US version with your usual account, I believe. You'll probably have to pay for it in dollars via a currency conversion (credit/debit cards do this automatically), and the shipping might be higher. Still, I do remember asking them about ordering something from the French version of Amazon once, and they said to order it just like anything else Amazon sells. :)

All else fails, you can write Amazon support and ask! And if you're worried about it being an R1 DVD, most DVD players have a hidden region-free mode that's really easy to access. ;)

Does somepony want to give me a little advice here? I’d really like to buy this, in fact I’d love it. I just feel it might be a waist considering I have Netflix and all of season one and two are there, what do you guys think?

Does somepony want to give me a little advice here? I’d really like to buy this, in fact I’d love it. I just feel it might be a waist considering I have Netflix and all of season one and two are there, what do you guys think?

Netflix streaming doesn't have audio commentary from the show's creators. ;)

I really think Hasbro is finally throwing some merchandise to the bronies. We've nagged them about it for months, and this is their answer. It's their way of testing whether we're actually a viable market. If we want any more pony stuff aimed in our direction, I think we'd be foolish not to buy it. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

Doesn't look like its coming out on UK version of Amazon unfortunately (not yet anyway) :( guess I'll have to stick to youtube for all my pony needs.

Yeah it's for region 1 DVD player's only :'(

why do they keep doing this to us! Even Australia has pony DVD's!!!

Maybe we will get the next one :P

Netflix streaming doesn't have audio commentary from the show's creators. ;)

I really think Hasbro is finally throwing some merchandise to the bronies. We've nagged them about it for months, and this is their answer. It's their way of testing whether we're actually a viable market. If we want any more pony stuff aimed in our direction, I think we'd be foolish not to buy it. ^_^

Thanks Questio, that was basically what I was getting at with the audio commentary. If it has bonus features like that included then I think I’ll get it, and like you said the more we buy the more merchandise we will receive.

• Brohoof 1

Finally! I already pre-ordered this along with the Crystal Kingdom DVD. I'll have to find a way to squeeze it into my DVD shelf, preferably next to The Avengers and my other MLP DVDs.

Once the DVD arrives, I plan to subject my dad to a regimen of the first season. Because I only have the episodes available on my computer, we haven't watched anything beyond "Ticket Master". In December, that is bound to change.

I wonder when they'll release season two onto DVD?

Damn it Amazon/Hasbro, I only have enough money this month for gas, or ponies. Not both!

...Well, looks like I'm walking everywhere for a while.

Ponies take precedence over gas, that’s for certain. Pfff why would you ever need to leave your house if you had season 1 of MLP on DVD anyway? :D

• Brohoof 5

Damn it Amazon/Hasbro, I only have enough money this month for gas, or ponies. Not both!

...Well, looks like I'm walking everywhere for a while.

This is why I love living within walking distance to a movie theater, three fast food restaurants, five gas stations, numerous regular restaurants, two banks and two grocery stores :3

Eh. I don't see the point in blowing money when I have all the episodes on Youtube (many of them in HD) and on Netflix as well. Even the commentaries will worm their way online at some point. Imma be lazy, until one or both of my ways of obtaining them fall through.