Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mobile Version

Fghik

I need my ponies, at any given time. So naturally, I tried out the mobile version.

I'm a bit depressed I can't see the banner (no pinkie pie search bar? :( )

But it works! :P

(Flutteryay.gif)

I need my ponies, at any given time. So naturally, I tried out the mobile version.

I'm a bit depressed I can't see the banner (no pinkie pie search bar? :( )

But it works! :P

(Flutteryay.gif)

Posted Image

I wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts. I would love a mobile skin, but yeah, it's up to Feld0 to do that. Perhaps you should inquire on the matter to him directly?

Is the mobile app only for IOS, because I can't seem to find anything about it?

It's not an app, it's just a theme designed for mobile devices. To see it, click Change Theme at the bottom left of the page and IP.Board Mobile.

It's not an app, it's just a theme designed for mobile devices. To see it, click Change Theme at the bottom left of the page and IP.Board Mobile.

There is also an IP board app. But the mobile skin is really more than enough.

Oh, okay. I was confused about that, thanks.

Yeah it works a lot better than most mobile sites. Unless (doubtfully) feld0 decides to create a mobile skin you will be stuck with it!

A custom mobile skin is on my todo list, but frankly, it's not exactly a priority. IP.Board's default one will have to do until I get around to it. You should be happy that we have a mobile site at all - I don't think most forums do. :)

I do wish it automatically detected when I come here from my phone, though. I always have to scroll down and click the mobile version link, each and every time and the page really chugs badly until I do.

It should - it most definitely detects it automatically on my mom's iPhone. What phone do you have?

I do wish it automatically detected when I come here from my phone, though. I always have to scroll down and click the mobile version link, each and every time and the page really chugs badly until I do.

Are you using a browser you downloaded of the App Store/Android Market? Some of those browsers have an option to identify the browser as Firefox or another computer browser. That would cause the full version to show up if you've changed that setting.

It should - it most definitely detects it automatically on my mom's iPhone. What phone do you have?

Are you using a browser you downloaded of the App Store/Android Market? Some of those browsers have an option to identify the browser as Firefox or another computer browser. That would cause the full version to show up if you've changed that setting.

I'm using a Nexus One with the Dolphin browser and Android 2.3.6. My workaround for the moment is that I've manually set the "setAsMobile" argument to 1 in the shortcut, but if that's not set it serves up the full-fat site. I'll poke around in the settings some more to see if it's self-identifying as a full desktop browser, like Flutterguy said.

The mobile version is awesome, but it needs a skin. Can you do that? If so, it'd be sweet to have a skin with like a BG from MLP or the mane 6's colors or something like that.

If you can't change the mobile skin, whatever, it's still really smooth and awesome!

The mobile version is awesome, but it needs a skin. Can you do that? If so, it'd be sweet to have a skin with like a BG from MLP or the mane 6's colors or something like that.

If you can't change the mobile skin, whatever, it's still really smooth and awesome!

A custom mobile skin is on my todo list, but frankly, it's not exactly a priority.

• Brohoof 1

Is there art work needed to be done for Phones?

Possibly. Possibly not.

As I said, I haven't even started planning it yet. The default mobile skin is pretty spartan looks-wise so it loads super-fast, and I don't want to bog it down too much.

I'm using a Nexus One with the Dolphin browser and Android 2.3.6. My workaround for the moment is that I've manually set the "setAsMobile" argument to 1 in the shortcut, but if that's not set it serves up the full-fat site. I'll poke around in the settings some more to see if it's self-identifying as a full desktop browser, like Flutterguy said.

Okay, it seems like the site doesn't recognise Android devices too well. The mobile version workaround I was using apparently doesn't change very much of what is served up, although the site does seem to use less CPU when I use that option. Setting my browser's useragent to "iPhone" automatically gives me the iPhone page which works quite well. I'll keep using that for now. Does the site identify the useragent string "Android" at all?

Does the site identify the useragent string "Android" at all?

It does, actually. But I checked in the ACP and it turns out that for whatever reason, the mobile skin was not set to load automatically on Android devices. Changed that now, so can you please try again?

It does, actually. But I checked in the ACP and it turns out that for whatever reason, the mobile skin was not set to load automatically on Android devices. Changed that now, so can you please try again?

Okay, now I'm not sure. Is the mobile skin meant to look the same as the desktop site? Because it looks like I'm now getting the desktop site with useragent set to either Android or to iPhone. I'm no longer getting the blue iPhone-looking one at all.

Edit, 12 hours later: Don't know if the above was just a cache problem or what, but now it seems to be working. I'm getting the mobile version with both Android and iPhone user agent strings. To quote Fluttershy, "yay".

Edited by TwilightSparkle

Seems to work just fine on my iPhone's end since we started. One button is out of reach, but I never really use it anyway. Perfect for when I want to check what's happening on-the-go. Don't really need any fancy art or whatnot, because that's what my computer's wide screen is for.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch