Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

needs more Pinky Pie episodes

pinkypielover

seriously, it feels like she's really gotten the shaft. Also, l'd really like to see less of the cutie mark crusaders. Don't get me wrong, they're cute and everything, and I liked the Cutie Mark Chronicles, but I feel like they're getting stale

• Brohoof 4

I really don't think Pinky needs more episodes (as in more then anypony else)... I also think the CMC episodes are pretty good in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more...Pinkie is in EVERY EPISODE (except for a few)....

I love the CMC, I find them cute and interesting, but they need to be more of a side plot in my opinion....

Pinkie Pie needs to be drawn out of her element. Put her in a place where she has to be 100% serious to save the day -- where one party cannon would spell doom.

Really, I think 100% serious Pinkie Pie would be truly scary -- more so than angry fluttershy. (and we arent talking something like the parasprite episode).

Edited by silvadel
  • Brohoof 1

Since Season 3 is going to be only 13 episodes with a two-parter opener, maybe a two-part closer, that leaves 9 episodes. Subtract 6 for each member of the Mane Six, that leaves 3 episodes left for screwing around. Subtract 1 for a CMC episode, leaves us 2.

2 episodes for screwing around.

Edited by DeltaTangent

No, we don't need more Pinky Pie episodes, what we need is more Pinkie Pie episodes. :P

Grammar Nazism aside, I personally don't think she needs more episodes about herself. She's really one of my least favorites of the Mane Six. :/

Edited by <letterONE>

Let me see -- we have seen Twilight Sparkle out of her element in winter wrap up and things like lesson zero. We have seen rainbow out of her element fairly often -- including where she broke her wing and had to be in the library. We saw fluttershy out of her element in tornado and the model one. We saw rarity out of her element in sister social. Less so for Applejack -- although it is harder to take the apple out of the apples. But never pinkie pie.

Edited by silvadel
  • Brohoof 1

Since Season 3 is going to be only 13 episodes with a two-parter opener, maybe a two-part closer, that leaves 9 episodes. Subtract 6 for each member of the Mane Six, that leaves 3 episodes left for screwing around. Subtract 1 for a CMC episode, leaves us 2.

2 episodes for screwing around.

Season three is only getting 13 episodes? I really didn't know that. Is there a reason for this? I'm certain it'll be great though

Season three is only getting 13 episodes? I really didn't know that. Is there a reason for this? I'm certain it'll be great though

There's been speculation there will be a movie, but I really hope at least the quality of the episodes has increased. A movie would be an awesome plus, though!

Edited by Wooneh
  • Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie needs to be drawn out of her element. Put her in a place where she has to be 100% serious to save the day -- where one party cannon would spell doom.

Really, I think 100% serious Pinkie Pie would be truly scary -- more so than angry fluttershy. (and we arent talking something like the parasprite episode).

Well each of the Mane 6 had an episode in season 2 were they had to personally deal with their own elements

Twilight Sparkle- Lesson Zero

Rarity- Sweet and Elite

Fluttershy- Putting Your Hoof Down

Rainbow Dash- The Mare Do Well

Applejack- The Last Round Up

Pinkie Pie- A friend in Deed

(Even Spike got an episode involving him fighting his Greed xD)

But an episode were Pinkie was serious, woudln't really be Pinkie,

I don't think the CMC episodes are bad, per say, I just think that their shtick is getting old.Also, out of the 52 episodes that are out now, maybe 4 of them are pinky pie's? doesn't seem like enough

Neigh, I can easily name 4 episodes;

Feeling Pinkie Keen

Party of One

A Friend in Deed

MMMystery On the Friendship Express

Wait a second.... she only has 6 episodes.....what the hay....

Yeah, I agree with OP, she needs more episodes... o3o

Couldn't agree more...Pinkie is in EVERY EPISODE (except for a few)....

I love the CMC, I find them cute and interesting, but they need to be more of a side plot in my opinion....

Yeah, she's in plenty of episodes, but so is the rest of the mane 6 xD

and sometimes she's there she just doesn't talk (Boast Busters)

she seems to be on every episode because she sorta steals the attention from the viewer (such as bringing up chocolate rain when the Princess was talking in the first episode of season 2)

• Brohoof 1

A friend in deed was a "challenge" for pinkie -- and she got to sing smile smile smile -- BUT it was solvable with her normal talents etc. It was difficult for her, but it was not "out of her element."

You see that is the difference.

Twilight was out of her element in Winter Wrap Up where she COULDNT use her magic. Rainbow was out of her element when she couldnt fly. Fluttershy when she HAD to fly and had to be popular. Rarity when she had to do close interpersonal relations in the mud and grime at a rodeo/fare.

Every challenge Pinkie Pie has had to face in the series has been in her element. The closest thing you could say to an out of element challenge Pinkie has had was the babysitting episode.

All the Mane 6 need more episodes, first and foremost. In MY opinion, Pinkie is not at the top of the list. Dash and even more so, Applejack don't have very many episodes dedicated to them, solely. AJ has one or two.

I think all the charters get the same amount of episode, then they get some good screen time in group episode, and finally showing up in other episode for good lines. Being a Pinkie fan I do wish she could get more episodes, but the ones she has is good. If she could get more episode, I think they should still move to have Pinkie learning other lessons.

Neigh, I can easily name 4 episodes; Spoiler Feeling Pinkie Keen Party of One A Friend in Deed MMMystery On the Friendship Express Wait a second.... she only has 6 episodes.....what the hay....

U forgot Baby Cakes.

Pinkie does not need more episodes, she has more than enough. Who REALLY needs more episodes - bold, italicized and underlined - is Applejack. She has two, both of which are stolen by Derpy. No offense to some of you but you're kind of saying that your favorite pony should get more episodes instead of who really should; Applejack and Spike.

• Brohoof 1

I agree with everypony saying that Applejack needs more episodes. Hell, we need the WHOLE Apple family together! An Apple family reunion/get-together, and/or a rodeo episode in which many of the Apple family compete, complete with SONGS! Applejack really needs her own song, and I'd love for Applebloom to have some singing time too. If there's one thing Pinkie has gotten a lot of, it's songs. And I'm perfectly fine with Pinkie getting a lot of songs, but for buck's sake, APPLEJACK NEEDS TO SING!

• Brohoof 2

they should all get more screen time rather than focusing on one or two of the characters per episode, i think most episodes should include all of them . no pony deserves more screen time than the other :D

• Brohoof 1

they should all get more screen time rather than focusing on one or two of the characters per episode, i think most episodes should include all of them . no pony deserves more screen time than the other :D

Exactly! That's why Applejack needs to catch up. I can count on one hand how many episodes she has. I agree with more group episodes, but I still prefer more AJ, she has only two, both stolen by Derpy.

I don't think Pinkie Pie needs more episodes just cause she is your favorite pony. She gets enough episodes already, Think about Applejack, Pinkie pie sings and dances around in her episodes, Applejack gets tired, mad,white lies and gets covered out by Derpy. I think Pinkie pie has enough. I just want poor Applejack to have a turn.

• Brohoof 2

Exactly! That's why Applejack needs to catch up. I can count on one hand how many episodes she has. I agree with more group episodes, but I still prefer more AJ, she has only two, both stolen by Derpy.

True, maybe in season 3 we will see more of Applejack and more group episodes, maybe they read the forums to see what people want to see, well hope fully they do