Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what if a pony with no cutie mark for there whole life is a jack of all trades?

Solace

i was pondering this, if a pony never gets a cutie mark in there entire life does that mean they are a jack of all trades, a master of none? personly if they made this into an episode where somepony came to ponyville and all there life they had no cutie mark. i think it would make a great episode

Edited by lightning strike
  • Brohoof 2

Mr. Greenhooves, have got no cutie mark, but he still my favourite background pony. And I think it's really may become a interesting episode then they trying to understand why it's so, or may be he will recive his cutie mark in old age.

Naw... his cutie mark would be something repesentin' a jack of all trades. Its not that hes talentless, hes talented at everything. So he would ahve a cutie markk which would represent evrything. Or a cutie make which would represent hes a jack of all trades. Heh. Maybe his cutie mark would be a Jack of spades or something.

If he has no cutie mark... i don't know what to make of it. Hes talented at having no talent? =/

• Brohoof 1

Actually sounds like a pretty awesome episode idea. I actually would probably like to see this. Mostly because we need some more info on what a cutie mark is, because it seems like it's more then just a showcase of talent.

Applejack is kind of like the jack of all trades; she can buck, though not as well as Big Mac, she can leap far, though obviously can't fly; she could even break the law of physics sometimes.

Her cutie mark is apples because she does it most.

Edited by Leaf Shade

okay now who has the email of the writers they need to get this idea.i mean that if i send ll these posts the writers the might make something

Nope. The writers are not able to take ideas for fans. It's still a interesting idea but the writers can't write it down unless one of them comes up with the idea alone.

• 1 month later...

No lie, I've been slowly writing a fanfic about this very idea since the end of season 2. It's going to be about a pony named Jack and his adventures that coincide with the Mane 6. Pretty much, it would play out like Cutie Mark Chronicles, where he had a connection to the Mane 6, but through both (maybe all three, considering how long it's taking me) seasons. For instance, he would be in Manehatten during the summer sun celebration (equivalent to times square during new years) when NMM escapes, or in Fillydelphia during the parasprite invasion. All and all, a really big, all encompassing adventure.

No lie, I've been slowly writing a fanfic about this very idea since the end of season 2. It's going to be about a pony named Jack and his adventures that coincide with the Mane 6. Pretty much, it would play out like Cutie Mark Chronicles, where he had a connection to the Mane 6, but through both (maybe all three, considering how long it's taking me) seasons. For instance, he would be in Manehatten during the summer sun celebration (equivalent to times square during new years) when NMM escapes, or in Fillydelphia during the parasprite invasion. All and all, a really big, all encompassing adventure.

That sounds brilliant! I would definitely read this if you posted it! Have you already posted it? If you have I would LOVE to read it!!!! I'm a little hyper if you haven't noticed B)

Good luck with that. Hopefully, this 'Jack' pony won't act out like a gary-stu like most of the OC fics I've read that have their OCs come in touch with the mane 6. Have fun, and again, good luck! :)

Alright, so a pony with no cutie mark, I picture, would probably be some sort of unicorn who's talent is turning invisible. Or simply just a balanced, plain, pony who can't excel on a single skill. Over all, I wouldn't consider much of a jack-of-trades.

That actually sounds like a clever idea for an episode. I don't think that's possible since all ponies seem to have some sort of talent o-o

Yes...It's very clever!

but I do think it's highly possible. The pony could be a late discoverer of his ability, and gains his cutie mark at the end of the episode. It goes to show that it's never too late to achieve your dream. It would make for a really good episode, and the lesson in it would inspire Bronies everywhere!

That sounds brilliant! I would definitely read this if you posted it! Have you already posted it? If you have I would LOVE to read it!!!! I'm a little hyper if you haven't noticed B)

Not yet. I'm in the process of finishing the first chunk. I might just finish the NMM part and post it, just to give everyone a taste of it. Honestly though, this is going to be massive. I want to use as many of the episodes as possible, even if it's just a passing mention.

Good luck with that. Hopefully, this 'Jack' pony won't act out like a gary-stu like most of the OC fics I've read that have their OCs come in touch with the mane 6. Have fun, and again, good luck! :)

Alright, so a pony with no cutie mark, I picture, would probably be some sort of unicorn who's talent is turning invisible. Or simply just a balanced, plain, pony who can't excel on a single skill. Over all, I wouldn't consider much of a jack-of-trades.

I'm trying to stay away from a gary-stu character. This is my first time writing anything to completion, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to model him after just a regular Joe Schmoe kind of pony who is in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Not yet. I'm in the process of finishing the first chunk. I might just finish the NMM part and post it, just to give everyone a taste of it. Honestly though, this is going to be massive. I want to use as many of the episodes as possible, even if it's just a passing mention.

Finish it, finish it, finish it!!!! I want to be able to read it to my boys for a bedtime story!! A little piece every night it would probably last a year!

Finish it, finish it, finish it!!!! I want to be able to read it to my boys for a bedtime story!! A little piece every night it would probably last a year!

wow, I have a fan, and it isn't even done yet lol. I'm a pretty big procrastinator, but with this much excitement, I'll get right on it

Talented at everything....sounds like a badly thought up Mary Sue/Gary Stu OC....

Mind you, exploring why an adult pony who seems to be doing pretty well in what seem(s) to be a special talent and not having a cutie mark would be an interesting concept for an episode though.

Well I'd think that being a jack of all trades would be a talent in itself? I don't think having no cutie mark would mean that he would be jack of all trades, but more like not talented at anything.