Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A pet peeve of mine

aperture_tech

Does anypony else get ticked off when some else writes Big McIntosh as Big "Macintosh"? I have a huge problem with this. I don't really even care about the character, but when I see "Macintosh", it just reminds me of the grip apple has on the market, and it makes me hate the character.

edit: I just learned that as a family name MacIntosh is also a Scottish family name, while McIntosh is Irish (I already knew this one) but the name of the actual apple is McIntosh.

Edited by aperture_tech

I didn't even know it was spelled that way... (Also, PC is still more popular and always will be more popular, so don't get your knickers in a knot.)

I actually prefer Big Macintosh, much to the amusement to myself of the close names of the Apple computer and himself.

I don't see why it should really peeve you, but to each their own, I suppose.

• Brohoof 2

I've never seen it being wrote with the MC... I always thought it was was MAC, but who knows I could be wrong. I prefer Macintosh, because I just think it's easier to type then Mc...

• Brohoof 2

Uh...no. According to his wiki page, his name can be written either way. Also, his nickname is "Big Mac", leading to reason why people spell his name as Macintosh. On that note actually, I have never seen anyone spell his name McIntosh until now.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

Uh...no. According to his wiki page, his name can be written either way. Also, his nickname is "Big Mac", leading to reason while people spell his name as Macintosh. On that note actually, I have never seen anyone spell his name McIntosh until now.

I agree, I've never even thought about this before, I always presume it was spelt how it sounded (Macintosh) and that seemed to fit as AJ call's him Big Mac in the show (and some of the other character's).

the grip apple has on the market

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Grip on the market? What market? Maybe the mp3 player market, but thats it.

There are more, android phones than iPhones and there are more windows computers than mac computers.

I think you just hate Apple for being Apple not for having a "grip" on the market.

I have both Windows and Mac and I so much prefer my Mac over Windows. Mac just makes nicer things than any other computer company.

I have many pet peeves, but one of them is people who hate Apple for no good reason. It's not like they murdered your father or anything. I hope... lol

• Brohoof 4

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There are more, android phones than iPhones and there are more windows computers than mac computers.

I think you just hate Apple for being Apple not for having a "grip" on the market.

I have both Windows and Mac and I so much prefer my Mac over Windows. Mac just makes nicer things than any other computer company.

I have many pet peeves, but one of them is people who hate Apple for no good reason. It's not like they murdered your father or anything. I hope... lol

A Apple employee killed my mother in cold blood!

Ha, seriously I agree with you on Apple's grip on the market. Maybe they have the iPod and what not but it's not like they have complete control over the economy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually, I don't hate apple for doing business, as they do it better than most companies. I really just don't like how they are patent trolling their competition. Seems monopolistic to me.

Yo, guess what?

Posted Image

Point made.

Canonically, it is "Macintosh". Just look, the toy even says so.

So yeah, totally proved you WROOOOOONG. :P

Alright, you got me, but as I said before, he should be named after an actual apple, not the name of a company derived from an apple's name.

Alright, you got me, but as I said before, he should be named after an actual apple, not the name of a company derived from an apple's name.

It's probably so that kids will understand the name better.

I really don't even know what I'm talking about now.

Anyways yeah. Nothing else to saaaaaaaay.

letter AWAAAAAY!

Does anypony else get ticked off when some else writes Big McIntosh as Big "Macintosh"? I have a huge problem with this. I don't really even care about the character, but when I see "Macintosh", it just reminds me of the grip apple has on the market, and it makes me hate the character.

Honestly, I don't particularly care which way it is spelled, as long as people can understand what is said. Anyways, have you checked how it is spelled in the credits? (I haven't either, I'm just curious.)

Actually, I don't hate apple for doing business, as they do it better than most companies. I really just don't like how they are patent trolling their competition. Seems monopolistic to me.

Yah that is true, but you have to keep in mind that it's not Apple per se, but rather their legal department that is trying to do their job. I also have a feeling that other companies do that kind of thing all the time, but that this time it happened to be a big one since it was Apple. Edited by Bohtty

A mac computer stabbed my father to death >:T

/

Well, I've personally never seen someone spell it Big McIntosh, I like "Big Mac" or "Big Macintosh" more, but to each his own I suppose. x)

• Brohoof 1

Mcintosh is how smart people spell it, Machintosh is how (changed because of so many responses towards it) spell it... Properly I think it should be Mcintosh, like the apple, not Macintosh, like the computers. Although he is also called Big Mac, so some people like to argue its Macintosh. But really any way is fine, along as saying that doesn't cause a fight between proper and improper spelling.

Edited by One
  • Brohoof 1

Mcintosh is how smart people spell it, Machintosh is how (idiots) spell it... Properly I think it should be Mcintosh, like the apple, not Macintosh, like the computers. Although he is also called Big Mac, so some people like to argue its Macintosh. But really any way is fine, along as saying that doesn't cause a fight between proper and improper spelling.

Smart people spell it like Mcintosh huh.....Now I feel stupid....Thank you One. :(

Darn my improper English! I should've stayed in Russia.

Mcintosh is how smart people spell it, Machintosh is how (idiots) spell it... Properly I think it should be Mcintosh, like the apple, not Macintosh, like the computers. Although he is also called Big Mac, so some people like to argue its Macintosh. But really any way is fine, along as saying that doesn't cause a fight between proper and improper spelling.

Yeah, I'm just gonna go un-rustle my jimmies someplace else >.>

But why did you say idiots spell it that way?

I'm well aware there's multiple ways to spell it, but I have a preferences you know...

Smart people spell it like Mcintosh huh.....Now I feel stupid....Thank you One. :(

Darn my improper English! I should've stayed in Russia.

Yeah, I'm just gonna go un-rustle my jimmies someplace else >.>

But why did you say idiots spell it that way?

I'm well aware there's multiple ways to spell it, but I have a preferences you know...

I was joking... But I got to laugh at your responses, so I win and you... You, uhm...win?

I've actually always spelt it Macintosh and didn't even know that the apple was spelt Mcintosh, I had to do research before I commented :/

• Brohoof 1

Wow. Thanks for the self-esteem boost. I spell it the way it sounds, that doesn't make me stupid. Honestly, that was just a bit rude if you ask me. Didn't know people spelled it Machintosh though.

I was joking... But I got to laugh at your responses, so I win and you... You, uhm...win?

I've actually always spelt it Macintosh and didn't even know that the apple was spelt Mcintosh, I had to do research before I commented :/

Oh, whoops. Didn't see that post until after griping. Then I went all :wacko:. And lah dee dah dee daaaa. Seriously guys, why hasn't this guy popped up yet? :mellow:

Mcintosh is how smart people spell it, Machintosh is how (changed because of so many responses towards it) spell it... Properly I think it should be Mcintosh, like the apple, not Macintosh, like the computers. Although he is also called Big Mac, so some people like to argue its Macintosh. But really any way is fine, along as saying that doesn't cause a fight between proper and improper spelling.

Just because you disagree with someone on how to spell a word that has multiple correct spellings doesn't give you permission to insult them. You just called Lauren Faust and at least half the Brony community idiots.

Edit: My bad, I should have read the second page of responses. -_-

Edited by Ra1nbowCrasH

Wel actually he is named after the apple: Macintosh. Which is where Apple also got the name for their computer from heheh. So actually his name is spelled Macintosh, not Mcintosh. He aint Irish.

EDIT: Sorry did more reserach, its spelled both ways but originally was spelled McIntosh. I guess the name evolved over time cuz of the pronunciation. Probably cus we are used to saying "mic" when we say "Mc". Like McDonalds. Not "Mac"

But Hey everyone calls him that, Hasbro, Lauren, Even Steve Jobs named his computer that, But they all ment the apple. So i guess his name is canonically Macintosh.

But like i said. He aint Irish, nor named after the irish name.

Edited by AnonBrony

People can spell Bic Mac's name with or without the "A." Don't worry, I'll still love you. o.O

Apple (the company) isn't really a factor with me. Lack of a right-click button = evil and I don't want an iPhone, but I have no problem with them. I doubt if Mac has much time to surf the web anyway.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 1