Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season Three Site Livestream People, Make It Happen.

Hazardus_Havard.

Okay people, the new season three is coming out sometime during the fall which isn't that far away.

How's about we get the site to Livestream the episode when it comes out? We can have it placed on a special tab at the top that can count down the time for the episode showing and have all the members here watch it.

This is mostly in part to people that do not and can not afford to get the Hub and have no other way of watching the episodes without other means. This could be a great way to get people on this site to group up and get together, enjoying something like this.

Things to think about

• Should we limit this to members only or any other requirements.
  • Should we re-post the livestreamed show in 4 then 12 hours to allow others to view
  • Could this be accomplished without too much trouble on the site in general
  • If this goes through should we allow chat with the livestream.
  • If this goes through should other episodes be livestreamed as well or only the premiere episode.
I hope we can get something possible to come about, I wouldn't mind putting time off to watch the episode on this site with everyone else.

No worries - there's a Synchtube event for livestreaming episodes so that everybody on the forums can enjoy them every Saturday, I believe. Head on over to synchtube.com/r/mlpforums to check out the Forum room.

Maybe if we embedded a Livestream video box from a member's stream, then added in a special forum in 'MLP Forums' which has the embedded box, then maybe it could work, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

The most easy and convenient way would be to have a link to a Livestream in the slidey thing at the top underneath the banner. I think that would be the easiest way, and we would still be able to have a stream chat because the link would take you to livestream.com or some other streaming website.

I reckon it could work, but it would need a bit of preperation before-hand, like making sure we are able to get the stream to stream the episodes etc.

Should we limit this to members only or any other requirements.

Why? That'll

A: Send people away from MLPforums to another stream (and there are heaps)

B: make people make accounts JUST for watching the show and not for the forums.

Should we re-post the livestreamed show in 4 then 12 hours to allow others to view

By then it'll be on youtube in HD. I can remember last season it didn't take more than around an hour before it was up on youtube and about 3 before it was in HD.

I dunno, seeing as there were heaps of live streams for last season there will be heaps for this season too.

And well...If you want to talk to your friends from the forum while it plays you can all gather or meet up in a PM and all go to the same live stream...Just seems a little unnecessary.

And I'm fairly certain it would be against the law if it were done.

Edited by Flare of the Future

I don't think that if we streamed it from a Livestream that's not on the site, it would be illegal. Besides, they're already a ton of streams already, so what difference does it make for us?

No worries - there's a Synchtube event for livestreaming episodes so that everybody on the forums can enjoy them every Saturday, I believe. Head on over to synchtube.com/r/mlpforums to check out the Forum room.

I sorta figured there were other livestreams out there, I was more or less specifically speaking for this forum, just for something neat for the site to have on the new season.

I sorta figured there were other livestreams out there, I was more or less specifically speaking for this forum, just for something neat for the site to have on the new season.

Do you mean specifically on the site? Or do you mean a forum endorsed livestream, because Devin was saying that the forums own a Synchtube room they will be livestreaming the episodes in.

Why? That'll

A: Send people away from MLPforums to another stream (and there are heaps)

B: make people make accounts JUST for watching the show and not for the forums.

By then it'll be on youtube in HD. I can remember last season it didn't take more than around an hour before it was up on youtube and about 3 before it was in HD.

I dunno, seeing as there were heaps of live streams for last season there will be heaps for this season too.

And well...If you want to talk to your friends from the forum while it plays you can all gather or meet up in a PM and all go to the same live stream...Just seems a little unnecessary.

I was mostly speaking out so we could as a community on this site try and do something for the season premiere together since, well, premieres don't usually come around more than once from what I remember. I can get maybe not limiting it to just members and possibly only doing it once since it will be on other places immediately afterwards. But I believe it could be something to enjoy as a whole for the entirety of everyone here if it were done.

As for Illegal, can't say for sure. I know we're not technically taking a copy of it nor are we stealing anything in particular but probably a few hundred views, maybe if at all a thousand or two if it goes really well. The show has millions of views on the Hub and I don't think that Hasbro would go Disney or Squeenix on us and try to dick about with their fans just wanting to enjoy their show.

Do you mean specifically on the site? Or do you mean a forum endorsed livestream, because Devin was saying that the forums own a Synchtube room they will be livestreaming the episodes in.

I think something like a window'd screen could pop up in the site and livestreamed if that were at all possible. Maybe a plug in to allow it through the Livestream site or something similar. If not possible, I guess a Synchtube would still work on that, but it would look much better having the thing just pop up on the site. I figured having chat for members to talk in would be nice but not necessary. Just, you know, something nice for this site and the premiere that's gonna happen this fall.
  • Brohoof 1