Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Celestia immortal?

Riverleaf Breeze

Id'e imagine that Twi would take the throne if something happens to Celestia and Luna since she's the most powerful unicorn besides Celestia and Luna.

well prior to Celestia the unicorns used their combined magic to raise the sun so she is not really a necesity.

Oh yeah, true. I remember that.

I think that Celestia and Luna no not age, but I don't think they are impervious to harm. They both have immense magical energy coarsing through their bodies (I think that magic works by using energy around the user, not their own body's energy), and they have access to far more magical power than any other unicorn (except perhaps Twilight). Their cells don't stop regenerating, so they do not age. They may not even need to eat, if they can survive off of the magical energy around them. They could possibly get sick (or maybe not), and they can die if they are harmed badly enough. They may have regenerative abilities.

MLP looked to create a benevolent mother figure for the original audience: the girls. The writers will only reveal what is neccessary to tell the story. We bronys are the ones who think too much.

Hearthwarming Eve revealed there was a time before the sisters. The ponies ruled themselves.

The Discord episiode revealed the sisters existed but were not in charge. The defeated Discord and proved their worth.

---sometime afterwards the Sisters were given the right to rule. my theory is it was granted by a grateful pony kind right after Discord's defeat

Since that time Celestia appears to have been a kind monarch, and age never seemed to tire her or wear her down.

As to their origins...who knows. They could be products of Discord's chaos. Equestria is awash with magic, they could have been born after the three tribes joined into one nation...a magical product of the new harmony.

OR...they could be what Equestrian vampires look like...ponies who figured it out just disapeared...

Edited by Silverhoof
  • Brohoof 1

I plan to have Celestia mention in a future story that Alicorns are not immortal. They have very long life spans, and can use their magic to cure injuries and some illnesses, but they are still very mortal. They can delay it, but they can still die like any other pony.

I have a theroy, here me out on this,

remember her and luna were connected to the elements and only recently did that connection change, maybe its the connection to the lements that keeps her young? Does this mean that she will now start to age and twilight will become the new ruler?.... OR MAYBE I AM INSNAE!!!

I want to check the faces of both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna for crow's feet,or for even one tiny wrinkle.

not aging is unnatural :(

About as natural as raising the sun and moon and controlling the weather.

I have a theroy, here me out on this,

remember her and luna were connected to the elements and only recently did that connection change, maybe its the connection to the lements that keeps her young? Does this mean that she will now start to age and twilight will become the new ruler?.... OR MAYBE I AM INSNAE!!!

That's possible, maybe she will become old now that she does not have the elements

Though she is refereed to a "Princess" I do believe she is interpreted as a sun goddess as she has the many powers referencing to sun gods/goddesses, as Luna references lunar gods/goddesses that is why I believe they don't age. As for Luna, she was corrupted by Nightmare moon and I feel when she was purged of that aspect, she could of been reverted back to a lack of celestial power. As she gets older, and regains her powers, perhaps that is when they stop growing, as they mature, they grow to a certain age untill they can control their magic to preserve their life. This could be used to explain why you can see Celestia with pink hair, and the 2 sisters as fillies, as they haven't mastered their powers at that time perhaps. Just a thought that came to me a second ago.

I'd have to ay that Celestia Luna and Discord are biological immortals, meaning they can't die of aging, since they don't seem to age.

But they are most likely some kind of god/godesses.

They aren't immortal. If they were, then they wouldn't age however Celestia and Luna aren't even mentioned during the Tribal Wars in the Heart's Warming Eve episode. Yeah, the flag. But that's a play and it wouldn't be viewer friendly (in lore and in actual viewers) if it were the Equestrian flag of the old world.

Alicorns probably have a genetically superior everything. Since they're strong enough to raise the SUN and MOON (I'd like to think that both objects orbit the planet rather than the planet orbitting the sun), they probably have a really strong immune system and their cells decay at an abnormally slow rate (hundreds of times slower than a regular pony?)

is her parents immrotal? ummm no :)

Actually, I worked this out in another thread (dominant and recessive traits all over the place...) Basically, genetics and biology state that an Alicorn can only be born from two Alicorn parents, or two Earth Ponies (and quite a bit of luck.)

If their parents are no longer around, that must mean that their parents were Earth Ponies. And died off.

Although the show hasn't talked much about their parents; maybe they are off governing the other half of the world? Sea Ponies? Just how I thought Rarity didn't have parents until the Sisterhooves Social.

Although I would probably die of happiness if their father was voiced by the same guy that voiced the TRUE king:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqFdiB7a2pA

Edited by Fghik